hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Support tonight

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We need to fix the singing section issue - they should be in the FF lower in safe standing, but we need to offer the family STs an incentive to move - West Lower is arguably a better area, and I suspect we'll be selling less STs next year - maybe some compromise can be reached?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think though Hibs could solve 3 issues..

1 - family section needs more seats for family = west lower
    2 - family section often has empty seats during Cat B and sold out Cat A games.
    3 - fans want ER to have atmosphere and the famous five lower would be best place for it plus you could have some safe standing in middle sections without spending excessive amounts.

Of course it would be a challenge to relocate some people who have sat there forever but they can have option to stay in that section or move to side view of the pitch.
    Family section should always be in the FF. No reason at all to give up the best seats in the house for cheaper tickets. turning West Lower to a family area is just daft.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Family section should always be in the FF. No reason at all to give up the best seats in the house for cheaper tickets. turning West Lower to a family area is just daft.
    It doesn't have to be the entire west lower? Maybe the 2 sections on either end for example.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    I sit right behind the singing section in FF and other than me, my mates and a handful of other regulars, it's always tourists or folk who come once and never come back who are sat there, find it bizarre that more folk don't want to sit in the part of the ground with the most noise/atmosphere.
    You can't be sitting behind the singing section! That whole section IS the singing section. That is part of the problem, not having a go at you but anyone who has a season ticket in there is part of the singing section by choice so should be giving it laldy!

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    It doesn't have to be the entire west lower? Maybe the 2 sections on either end for example.
    Don't be daft - I've had the experience of explaining to my six year old daughter why the away support were making some rude gesture with their hands and groin whilst demonstrating it to all in a public space last time.

No, the further the family section is from the away support is the better.

Re moving the family section away from the FFL, how many times is this going to be discussed on this forum. It's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Don't be daft - I've had the experience of explaining to my six year old daughter why the away support were making some rude gesture with their hands and groin whilst demonstrating it to all in a public space last time.

No, the further the family section is from the away support is the better.

Re moving the family section away from the FFL, how many times is this going to be discussed on this forum. It's not going to happen.
    Im not being daft, just making suggestions to improve the match day experience at easter road. You could have a family section in each stand, last 2 sections in the north ends of the east and west. Then a section in the FF upper.

If the problem you stated above was really that bad would it not have been highlighted over the years after the many hibs kids games we've had families sit in the south?

The singing section is not my thing but they made a massive positive difference last night.
    The place was dead, felt like a lower league match with one man and his dug.
    The singing section brought it to life.
    Well done to the singers and the drummer who worked hard all night to create an atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post

So where do you suggest the people with Season Tickets in sections 1, 2, 8 and 9 move to?

Keep in mind that's somewhere between 800 to 1,000 people.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I'm not sure why it should always be in the FF ?

I would argue there are better seats in East than West - having sat in both and East has better leg room.

A few blocks on the ends of the West Lower or even lower East towards FF.

The issues of the Family section have been well highlighted on here in last few years and Hibs need to try and do something to stop the empty seats - but I guess they are happy if they are sold and that's a priority over atmosphere.

But I think the club could find a solution - move people back to West Upper who lost their seats originally for the move and introduce a new family pricing in all areas of the ground of block of a some sections in lower west.

We want to pack the stadium and I am certain a singing section lower Famous Five would take off even more.

We want to pack the stadium and I am certain a singing section lower Famous Five would take off even more.

Also think of it in terms optics, if we're trying to sell a vision of our club to people who haven't yet come. What's better, having a packed out section behind the goal waving flags, bouncing and singing or a half empty family stand?

I'm not sure why it should always be in the FF ?

I would argue there are better seats in East than West - having sat in both and East has better leg room.

A few blocks on the ends of the West Lower or even lower East towards FF.

The issues of the Family section have been well highlighted on here in last few years and Hibs need to try and do something to stop the empty seats - but I guess they are happy if they are sold and that's a priority over atmosphere.

But I think the club could find a solution - move people back to West Upper who lost their seats originally for the move and introduce a new family pricing in all areas of the ground of block of a some sections in lower west.

Put simply the family section will be in the area that has the cheapest tickets. Thats always going to be a stand behind the goals.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Why do we require a family section? Does anyone on here over the age of 30 remember getting a section to themselves so they could have a pizza with mum and dad whilst your wee sister went radge? My old man took me to games and I sat beside him or stood beside him and it thrilled me to bits. Reinstate some older values and there is far less guff.

Best solution : Fill in a corner to create a safe bouncing section. Atmosphere will be electric!

The fans were class at Dundee on Friday night also. Singing for the full 90 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Best solution : Fill in a corner to create a safe bouncing section. Atmosphere will be electric!
    Agree, just one corner would be amazing for this,even fans whippin up some cash amongst ourselves dare I say??very good idea mate 👍

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Why do we require a family section? Does anyone on here over the age of 30 remember getting a section to themselves so they could have a pizza with mum and dad whilst your wee sister went radge? My old man took me to games and I sat beside him or stood beside him and it thrilled me to bits. Reinstate some older values and there is far less guff.
    100%

Loved going to the game with my dad and his mates and their boys and being in the old North Stand