Apple Podcasts-
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...=1000434132565
    Spotify-
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/6kY...Tg6Y0aSO_Zg1KQ
    Web Browser-
    http://hibstalk.libsyn.com/who-shoul...er-of-the-year

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

The 3 candidates that spring to mind for me are Efe, Porteous and Mallan.

Efe was very good in a poor team at the start of the season and put in good performance after good performance even when the team was struggling. He pulled us forward at every opportunity and was a joy to watch.

Porteous was playing very well alongside Efe and looks like a very promising player. He has his flaws but with good coaching and experience he'll iron out these flaws and go on to be a very good player for Hibs and hopefully Scotland.

Mallan is our top scorer and highest assister so it's hard to ignore him for the award. He's had plenty games where he's been a bit anonymous at times but he's also had a fair few very good performance. It would be interesting to see how many points we have gained from a goal he has scored or assisted. He's only going to get better too imo.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Depending how he finishes the season, I think Milligan could play his way into contention.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Stevie Mallan at the moment for me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I saw the title of this thread, my gut reaction was Stevie Mallan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Me too. 13 goals and 10 assists does it for me.

Gray and Marciano would be in there if they hadn't missed long periods. Both been really good.

Coaching Staff
    It’s so close between several.

So, whomever is MOM against Hearts on Saturday will have the scales tipped in their favour.

Left by mutual consent!
    Mallan or Horgan will skoosh it next year. Most consistent player again has been Lewis.

Got to be Mallan.

He has probably made the most appearances, goals scored and assists in the team.

Efe and Porteous were only here half the season so can’t give it to them imo.

Porteous will probably get young player.

First Team Breakthrough Hexham Hibee's Avatar
    Lewis

Probably Mallan but everyone has struggled for form or fitness at some point. Quite strange, and credit to the manager, that it could yet turn out a pretty good season without any player really standing out.

Ryan has played what 12 games or so? Efe has gone. Mallan has been inconsistent. Only one player has been consistent this season and for once it’s not Paul Hanlon. Lewis wins this for me.

Stevie Mallan.

Efe. One of the only reasons I enjoyed coming to see us at times towards the end of 2018. Theres still not really one player at the moment in our side that does that for me at the moment despite our upturn in form.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Efe. One of the only reasons I enjoyed coming to see us at times towards the end of 2018. Theres still not really one player at the moment in our side that does that for me at the moment despite our upturn in form.
    Totally! He was genuinely amazing and I really miss him. But I think player of the year should be someone still at the club?

And I know what that entails, shllow victory if better players have left etc. Its just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Totally! He was genuinely amazing and I really miss him. But I think player of the year should be someone still at the club?

And I know what that entails, shllow victory if better players have left etc. Its just my opinion.
    I can't really disagree with that to be honest. I just find it hard at the moment to look at anyone else with a clear mind and go "Yeah he's POTY".

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Mallan hands down. Top goalscorer is a midfielder and his assist are up there as well. If Efe stayed it would have been him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexham Hibee View Post
    Lewis

Lewey for me too. His consistency levels are remarkable, along with his fitness.

It’ll (rightly) be between Lewis and Mallan.

In a season where no one has really stood out I'd go with Rocky - has been virtually top class every time he has played, even though he's missed some games.

Rockdan!

Both our goalies have been great this season.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62
    Lewis Stevenson or Ryan Porteous

There really isn't an outstanding candidate.

Lewis has been our most consistent but his highs haven't been as good as some of our more inconsistent players.

Lots of the players who have had the most impressive runs of form have missed huge chunks of the season through injury or having not been at the club or have been horribly out of form.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    There really isn't an outstanding candidate.

Lewis has been our most consistent but his highs haven't been as good as some of our more inconsistent players.

Lots of the players who have had the most impressive runs of form have missed huge chunks of the season through injury or having not been at the club or have been horribly out of form.
    This!

And the winner is.......Efe!

Should be mallan I think. Been in the team most of the season, scored important goals.
    I agree Lewis has been a consistent 6-7/10 most of the season, but that shouldn't be enough to win.
    I think rocky has looked great since he came back, just hasn't played enough to merit POTS for me

@hibs.net private member
    Between Mallan and Lewis. Efe was a clear winner till he left but can't be considered and that applies to the players like SDG who have spend long periods sidelined. Lewis would win for consistency but how many points worse off would we be if Lewy had been injured. A few perhaps but we wouldn't be top six without Mallan's goals and assists so he would be my choice.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Give it to whoever scores our winner on Saturday. In fact, incentivise them with a lot of money as well.

How about a hibsnet poll for hibsnet player of the year? Or have i missedvit somewhere

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Has to mallan has been directly involved In 23 goals this season which is unreal from a CM

In perspective we’ve scored 47 goals in the league this season