hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Is the Celtic position the real reason for Lennon's departure ?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • #Lennonknew

194 47.20%
  • no it's not, coincidence

167 40.63%
  • who's Neil Lennon

50 12.17%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If, as some are saying, this situation has been in the pipeline for weeks (since before 25th Jan?) and Lennon has gained financially at Hibs' expense then I care.

At the moment it is a big "if" but we'll see what more info comes out.
    If Lennon is in the running for interim position then why isn't Stubbs aswell? Both unemployed atm and both adored by Celtic fans.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    If Lennon is in the running for interim position then why isn't Stubbs aswell? Both unemployed atm and both adored by Celtic fans.
    What has stubbs done to prove he would be a good appointment for Celtic?

I know he did a great job here but he has done nothing but fail since then and has no experience at a bigger club like Celtic

They'll do the logical thing and keep on paying with their hard earned cash just as me and you do to watch the team they support, Hibs.

Seems like a waste, if they love all things Celtc and all the Irish Republican nonsense that goes with it.

Left by mutual consent!
    As a player, Stubbs spent 4 years there, Lennon 7. Lennon then coached the youths and the first team at Celtic as Stubbs learned down at Everton before moving to us.

I'm pretty sure you can separate them in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Seems like a waste, if they love all things Celtc and all the Irish Republican nonsense that goes with it.
    Irish Republican nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Why would it have to have been interim in Moyes's case though?
    Perhaps because Steve Clarke will get the permanent appointment at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    So, will those couple of ar5eh0les that were singing "There's only one Neil Lennon" at the last few games still be doing that?

Or will they just do the logical thing and follow him to Celtc?
    "two neil lennons, theres only two neil lennons" etc

Quote Originally Posted by gillythehibby View Post
    Irish Republican nonsense?
    Here we go! 💤

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Is this a serious thread?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

First Team Breakthrough
    If he did he shouldnt be near another SPL side

Sleekit little man.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I don't really care one way or another.

His time was coming to an end regardless and I don't believe for a minute he contrived to lose games deliberately to force the issue.
    Well said PB, conspiracy theory pish.

First Team Breakthrough Dobosz83's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dobosz1983
    I was confused when Lennon left the club. The entire debacle and the way it played out was bizarre. His 'suspension' was breaking news very late on a Friday night and we were left for a good 5-6 days to debate on the forums and social media as to the reasons why.

The club made no announcement despite some serious pressure from our fans and the media and it led to some crazy stories and speculation. Some in the media where an absolute disgrace throughout the debacle because they were not being drip-fed the information they craved to fill their pages. Pro-Celtic pundits like Chris Sutton gobbed off about Hibs being lucky Lennon isn't suing us for damage to his reputation - some questioned our ambition and audacity to not be transparent about his departure and smoke screened this behind our fans 'deserving better'. Stories were simply being made up.

It fractured our support as some demanded a statement telling us the intricate details of what was going on. Petrie, Dempster, board members, fan representatives and Flo Kamberi were all blamed by sections of our support. Stories of chairs flying about, Sir David and big Daz banging on Leann's door - it was an absolute shambles and at times comical.

The other side of the coin where some supporters who understood why the board couldn't release a statement and explain the situation. When suspensions and investigations are taking place, there must be something serious going on behind the scenes. The obvious conclusion was that we would never really know. This in itself caused frustration when the somewhat awkward statement released by the club was incapable of clearing things up and was then ridiculed by the press and some of our own.

Hearing that Rodgers is away to Leicester City today to finalise a move and newly found free agent Neil Lennon is readily available for Celtic and to cancel his media plans overseas just seems a little suspect to me. Especially when several media sources down south are suggesting Celtic have known for weeks that Leicester had earmarked Rodgers as a replacement in the even of Puel being sacked (which has felt inevitable for quite a while IMO).

The timeline is unclear, and of course it will remain that way. However, my frustration over this is the taste it leaves in the mouth. It looks and smells like crap. People were very quick to chuck the club under a bus and accuse them of lack of ambition among other things. This actually resulted in Leann showing immense frustration when Heckingbottom was being announced to the media when they went digging with questions about Lennon's departure. They were all keen to put the boot into Hibs and take Lennon's side - this, whether some like it or not, sheds a different light on saint Neil Lennon.

**** me. Fox Mulder has nothing on hibs.net patrons

@hibs.net private member
    I don't think he knew. I just think it was time for him to leave us, considering the awful season he was having.

He got us promoted, did decent in our first season back up and was very poor this season. I wish him nothing but failure at Celtic, except when they play Hearts.

First Team Breakthrough Dobosz83's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dobosz1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    **** me. Fox Mulder has nothing on hibs.net patrons
    Social media is worse. The fact that Lennon has gone from leading Hibs towards an underachieving bottom 6 finish with no apparent idea how to turn the slump around, to managing his favourite club to a potential treble within a matter of weeks is quite something. The refusal of some to remotely acknowledge the coincidence of this is quite something. Especially after the pro Lennon crowd were vocal a few short weeks back.

It was only a small minority who were very, very, vocal about their assertion that Hibs for reason or reasons unknown had engineered Lennon's departure from the club. There was no real evidence that this was the case, but on and on they went, in the process calling the board and fans who rejected their theories anything from Masons to Huns and all points in between …. not so much on here but certainly on other social media.

With just as little evidence apart from coincidence there is now an open goal for anybody who wants to espouse the theory that far from the board being to blame for Lennon's departure, it was him who engineered the situation in the knowledge that the Leicester / Celtic situation was about to arise, especially given his past connections with both clubs …. it would not be unreasonable to surmise that he still has personal contacts at Leicester and especially Celtic.

I'm willing to bet anything you like that all of a sudden the folk who were ripping into the club and their fellow supporters over Lennon are far less inclined to accept the idea that he was behind his own departure …. which is ironic considering the lack of concrete evidence for either theory being accurate. Still. its far more fun and suits an agenda far better when you can trample Hibs into the ground, a lot less so than having a pop at an ex manager eh!

Yeah, I’m not Lennon’s biggest fan, but I think this is a bit of a leap.

Always thought that hibs was a way back to Celtic. Just not in these circumstances. Rodgers was always going to leave when the offer from England came

Hes the perfect fit for them under the circumstances,and I would think he gets that post permanent nxt season.he obvioulsy couldnae continue at hibs on the road he was on.It would be something to have a very vocal easter road,with banners n flags full bells and whistles home game against them,to show him we are no small fish.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Can a manager be cup-tied ?
    Only in an alternative universe

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Hes the perfect fit for them under the circumstances,and I would think he gets that post permanent nxt season.he obvioulsy couldnae continue at hibs on the road he was on.It would be something to have a very vocal easter road,with banners n flags full bells and whistles home game against them,to show him we are no small fish.
    Well the truth is Celtic have took a manager that was sacked by an 8th place club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I don't really care one way or another.

His time was coming to an end regardless and I don't believe for a minute he contrived to lose games deliberately to force the issue.
    I don’t think he contrived to lose games, but I suspect he didn’t give a toss either way and I don’t doubt for a second that he didn’t make things difficult to get out of the Hibs job.

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    Well the truth is Celtic have took a manager that was sacked by an 8th place club
    Well hes no 8th now.and good chance he will be ten in a row legend gaffer.....canny believe I just wrote that..but its very possible now.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Well hes no 8th now.and good chance he will be ten in a row legend gaffer.....canny believe I just wrote that..but its very possible now.
    Or blow it and be hated by Celtic fans

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    Or blow it and be hated by Celtic fans
    Possible 👍

Absolute carve up. Think hibs are due a few apologies from some media outlets, pundits and some of our own fans.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Absolute carve up. Think hibs are due a few apologies from some media outlets, pundits and some of our own fans.
    Nobody will apologise the media ***** about him being a winner and being too ambitious was a sub conscious message to the Celtic support.

How much was Bill Leckie paid for his article to the Celtic hordes last week? Sadly our clubs been used big time to keep the winner Lennon in the news and appeal to the Celtic support.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    It was only a small minority who were very, very, vocal about their assertion that Hibs for reason or reasons unknown had engineered Lennon's departure from the club. There was no real evidence that this was the case, but on and on they went, in the process calling the board and fans who rejected their theories anything from Masons to Huns and all points in between …. not so much on here but certainly on other social media.

With just as little evidence apart from coincidence there is now an open goal for anybody who wants to espouse the theory that far from the board being to blame for Lennon's departure, it was him who engineered the situation in the knowledge that the Leicester / Celtic situation was about to arise, especially given his past connections with both clubs …. it would not be unreasonable to surmise that he still has personal contacts at Leicester and especially Celtic.

I'm willing to bet anything you like that all of a sudden the folk who were ripping into the club and their fellow supporters over Lennon are far less inclined to accept the idea that he was behind his own departure …. which is ironic considering the lack of concrete evidence for either theory being accurate. Still. its far more fun and suits an agenda far better when you can trample Hibs into the ground, a lot less so than having a pop at an ex manager eh!
    When the fans who invest financially and emotionally into the club they love and a manager leaves under a cloud a few days before a crucial transfer window closes with absolutely no explanation, what do you expect. Folk make up theories, it’s human nature to work out why things happened. Unless we actually find out, the theories and conspiracy stories will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I don’t think he contrived to lose games, but I suspect he didn’t give a toss either way and I don’t doubt for a second that he didn’t make things difficult to get out of the Hibs job.
    Losing games had no benefits for him. Did pick some funny teams and hid away tho. Maybe knew this was in the pipeline and was just playing the waiting game