@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    100% win ratio 😜
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give it a rest. Please.

You could have just posted about the new manager, but instead you feel a need to justify your own position and brand anyone who disagrees as ‘ridiculous’.

I’m delighted our new manager has started well, but your posts are boring and pathetic.
    I was asked the question often enough. As were others. I didn't have an answer at the time as I don't have an extensive knowledge of managers in the kind of market we operate in, I'd think the vast majority of Hibs fans would be in the same boat, hence why it was a ridiculous stance to take - you can only want rid of NL if you happen to know of an out of work manager who fits the bill who's been around the 2nd tier or below in England was pretty much the jist of it. I'd never heard of PH before he came to Hibs. But he's started off very well and by all accounts the players are enjoying working under him. So I now have my answer to the question that I and others were posed numerous times while being told there was nobody out there that could replace NL.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 25-02-2019 at 05:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member BurghHibby's Avatar
    F00FE6F7-3255-4203-893A-71105FD6CE4A.jpg

Who’s the guy behind Ollie?

Quote Originally Posted by BurghHibby View Post

Ian Rush?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BurghHibby View Post

Kosovar Sadiki?

https://www.google.com/search?q=sadi...NbxFhPog9rp9oM

Far, far, far too early to come to any conclusion re our new manager.

Too many clubs have enjoyed "the new manager buzz" with accompanying positive results, only for things to level out and for reality to kick-in.

This said, I'm pleased for our club, indeed Paul Heckingbottom, that he has hit-the-ground-running, as we were in real danger of falling too far behind our closest challengers for 6th place.

Confidence is crucial, as is momentum, and we have now got both.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I was asked the question often enough. As were others. I didn't have an answer at the time as I don't have an extensive knowledge of managers in the kind of market we operate in, I'd think the vast majority of Hibs fans would be in the same boat, hence why it was a ridiculous stance to take - you can only want rid of NL if you happen to know of an out of work manager who fits the bill who's been around the 2nd tier or below in England was pretty much the jist of it. I'd never heard of PH before he came to Hibs. But he's started off very well and by all accounts the players are enjoying working under him. So I now have my answer to the question that I and others were posed numerous times while being told there was nobody out there that could replace NL.

Great. I’m pleased you’ve won your straw man argument.

Now can you cease from criticising your fellow supporters please?

Ta.

Far too early to rate this manager. He's taken over an existing group of players who we all know were seriously underperforming and to his credit has got them playing better and winning games. The first 11 were the same that won the match before he arrived and he is very restricted in his choice.

Once we've seen his ability to change games with substitutions / formation, his team selection when we have a full complement available and his eye for a player / areas to be strengthened in the transfer market - we'll get a proper idea of just how good he is. Good start but long way to go.

Big positive, IMO, is that everything is about Hibs again. No talking about Celtic, or sectarian abuse, or death threats or anything like that.

That’s not having a go at Lennon as none of that was really his fault. It just all became a bit of a distraction in the last 6 months or so though.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    To all the people who were ridiculously demanding that anyone who wanted Lennon out must have a replacement in mind themselves who was within our budget - he’s the guy I want in charge of our club

Think he’ll go on to be a cracking manager of our club.
    Heckingbottom is a born winner

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Far too early to rate this manager. He's taken over an existing group of players who we all know were seriously underperforming and to his credit has got them playing better and winning games. The first 11 were the same that won the match before he arrived and he is very restricted in his choice.

Once we've seen his ability to change games with substitutions / formation, his team selection when we have a full complement available and his eye for a player / areas to be strengthened in the transfer market - we'll get a proper idea of just how good he is. Good start but long way to go.
    I don't think anyone could start proclaiming the new manager and Hibs as the perfect fit. Yet. Way too early in his tenure. However the signs are reasonably decent.

@hibs.net private member
    Anyone that was at Dundee or watched the game on tv could see there has been an improvement on throw ins. This alone tells me that he is at least trying to address the basics that we have failed at so often this season ( and many other seasons too, for throw ins).

FFS, lets get behind the team, manager and hopefully he can be a good fit for us.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Great. I’m pleased you’ve won your straw man argument.

Now can you cease from criticising your fellow supporters please?

Ta.
    How very precious.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Heckingbottom is a born winner

How very precious.

Whatever.

Far too early. Wait until the end of next season.

If we are in the top 4 and have a cup final appearance, then yes.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Seriously, how the **** can you judge a manager on 2 games? Attention seeking OP.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Seriously, how the **** can you judge a manager on 2 games? Attention seeking OP.
    You still raging?

I presume nobody can suggest that a player looks promising after two games either or say they’re glad we signed them after a few games by your logic? I’m glad we signed McNulty, that must be a ridiculous thing to be pleased about aswell seeing as he’s only played 3 games? Or does your logic only apply to PH because he replaced NL, has improved us and you’ve not got over it?

You still raging?

I presume nobody can suggest that a player looks promising after two games either or say they’re glad we signed them after a few games by your logic? I’m glad we signed McNulty, that must be a ridiculous thing to be pleased about aswell seeing as he’s only played 3 games? Or does your logic only apply to PH because he replaced NL, has improved us and you’ve not got over it?
    What a pile of crap. You really are an attention seeker.

I've been absolutely delighted with our start under PH and obviously hope he does well.

Your McNulty analogy is laughable. We knew he was a decent player before he signed and you've just confirmed you knew little or nothing about PH.

I was disappointed NL left but have moved on and am fully behind PH.

You need to grow up.

What a pile of crap. You really are an attention seeker.

I've been absolutely delighted with our start under PH and obviously hope he does well.

Your McNulty analogy is laughable. We knew he was a decent player before he signed and you've just confirmed you knew little or nothing about PH.

I was disappointed NL left but have moved on and am fully behind PH.

You need to grow up.
    The McNulty analogy is laughable, whys that? He totally flopped in the English Championship, a league that PH done quite well in as Barnsley manager. But we’re allowed to be excited and happy with the signing of McNulty but I cant do the same with our manager?

I’d never heard of him before he was linked with us, does that mean after looking into him when his name was being banded about I wasn’t allowed to think he looked a good appointment?

The McNulty analogy is laughable, whys that? He totally flopped in the English Championship, a league that PH done quite well in as Barnsley manager. But we’re allowed to be excited and happy with the signing of McNulty but I cant do the same with our manager?

I’d never heard of him before he was linked with us, does that mean after looking into him when his name was being banded about I wasn’t allowed to think he looked a good appointment? I wasn’t allowed to read about him doing a decent job at Barnsley and think “could do a job”?
    I'm delighted we are winning again and I'm well 'over' Lennon. Mark my words, I'll be over the moon if PH turns out to be a good appointment but won't judge the man on 2 good or, for that matter, 2 bad results.

I think you know now that your analogy was crap, best to leave it that!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    First manager since Yogi to win first 2 matches - Yogi won first 3.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I'm delighted we are winning again and I'm well 'over' Lennon. Mark my words, I'll be over the moon if PH turns out to be a good appointment but won't judge the man on 2 good or, for that matter, 2 bad results.

I think you know now that your analogy was crap, best to leave it that!
    From how he done at Barnsley, our upturn in form since he came in, how he comes across and the reports that the players are really enjoying working under him, I’m glad he’s here. Of course it’s early days, but the signs are promising and I’m glad we have him.

I still don’t see why the analogy is really any different, like I said they come to Scotland from similar backgrounds (obviously different roles) with PH being the more successful at the higher level. Quite why we can get excited over what could be perceived as the ‘lesser’ of the two based on their successes in their current careers but not the other I’m not sure but hey ho.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    First manager since Yogi to win first 2 matches - Yogi won first 3.
    And Yogi wasnt great. Paul H should do okay. Top six this season wouldnt be bad considering. Next season will be a more demanding one we should expect a strong top 3 or 4 challenge not just top 6.

From how he done at Barnsley, our upturn in form since he came in, how he comes across and the reports that the players are really enjoying working under him, I’m glad he’s here. Of course it’s early days, but the signs are promising and I’m glad we have him.

I still don’t see why the analogy is really any different, like I said they come to Scotland from similar backgrounds (obviously different roles) with PH being the more successful at the higher level. Quite why we can get excited over what could be perceived as the ‘lesser’ of the two based on their successes in their current careers but not the other I’m not sure but hey ho.
    I think PH has made a good impression but you're badly mistaken if you think you can take a swipe (as you did) at other posters after he's been in charge for 2 games against 2 struggling sides.

I'm fully behind him and willing to give him time to prove himself but to judge him after 2 games is just ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    And Yogi wasnt great. Paul H should do okay. Top six this season wouldnt be bad considering. Next season will be a more demanding one we should expect a strong top 3 or 4 challenge not just top 6.
    We tend not to get much of an immediate bounce from new managers. So bucking the trend. Lenny did of course manage in Europe in his first game...
    Fingers crossed for the unassuming guy.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I think PH has made a good impression but you're badly mistaken if you think you can take a swipe (as you did) at other posters after he's been in charge for 2 games against 2 struggling sides.

I'm fully behind him and willing to give him time to prove himself but to judge him after 2 games is just ridiculous.
    Plenty posters told us that there was simply no replacing NL. It could be argued that PH has an equally impressive CV as NL - less trophies of course but managing Celtic is a licence to print trophies. PH more successful down south.

The idea that NL was/is utterly irreplaceable was absolute hyperbole.

Plenty posters told us that there was simply no replacing NL. It could be argued that PH has an equally impressive CV as NL - less trophies of course but managing Celtic is a licence to print trophies. PH more successful down south.

Nobody said NL was irreplaceable and you know it. I liked Lennon and thought he'd turn things around. You didn't. Get over it.

PS - Don't worry I'll let you have the last word.
    Last edited by allmodcons; 26-02-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Here’s the straw man again. Will you ever stop?