hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Heckingbottom

Genuine question and in no way trying to play him down

But is the difference Heckingbottom or McNulty?

Iv seen some of the performances and obviously we do look better and are playing players in better positions although the defence look poor. My point is more is McNulty saving the defence a bit here with his goal scoring record?

Also love how complimentry the players are about Heckingbottom and Stockdale and all seem to love their attention to detail, seem to really buy into the ideas

Hopefully we can really push on especially when players are back from injuries and even further on when he can make his own signings.

Great start to his managerial career and long may it continue.

A win against St Johnstone away is a great result.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Genuine question and in no way trying to play him down

But is the difference Heckingbottom or McNulty?

Iv seen some of the performances and obviously we do look better and are playing players in better positions although the defence look poor. My point is more is McNulty saving the defence a bit here with his goal scoring record?

Also love how complimentry the players are about Heckingbottom and Stockdale and all seem to love their attention to detail, seem to really buy into the ideas

Hopefully we can really push on especially when players are back from injuries and even further on when he can make his own signings.

Great start to his managerial career and long may it continue.

Bit of both probably but whatever he said to them at half time last night turned them into a different side second half

Quote Originally Posted by Still Smiling View Post
    Manager should have pulled of Slivka as soon as he was warned by the ref in the second half that he was on his final warning, he was already on a yellow.

Said the same at the time, you could see the second booking coming.

Nothing but credit for Heckingbottom so far. 9 points out of 9.I can't recall a new Hibs manager doing that before in the top flight.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    A comeback from 1-0 down with ten men against a team we haven't beaten in three years is pretty good going. If we play like that until the end of the season he'll have given himself a great platform.

The big test is can we do it against the big teams - Lennon and Stubbs managed it and we have a team who are used to it, hopefully he can keep it going.

Left by mutual consent!
    New song for the Heckmiester!

Hecky hecky bott Botts, hecky hecky bott Botts nah nah nah nah! Repeat!!

That Yorkshire accent makes you instantly likeable. If we hit a bad run of form, instead of giving him pelters i'll nip down to the dugout, give him a nice cup of tea and make sure he's ok.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Absolutely especially with ten men.

Coaching Staff
    I've just taken time to watch the pre St. Johnston interview with Stockdale, the after match & today's interviews with Heckingbottom, in my opinion these guys know their stuff. Cool, calm & collected.
    Last edited by Lago; 28-02-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Reminds me of Stubbs - no drama on the touchline, no panic, no bluster - very considered and his calmness during a game transmits to the players.
    Pretty sure players like Flo et al appreciate not being called derogatory names throughout the 90 too

He's been a breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Reminds me of Stubbs - no drama on the touchline, no panic, no bluster - very considered and his calmness during a game transmits to the players.
    Pretty sure players like Flo et al appreciate not being called derogatory names throughout the 90 too

Fair point - I think we're just not used to a "quiet" manager (guess the first name that comes to mind is Calderwood) but a lot of people forget Stubbs was much the same. Doesn't mean there's any less passion.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Fair point - I think we're just not used to a "quiet" manager (guess the first name that comes to mind is Calderwood) but a lot of people forget Stubbs was much the same. Doesn't mean there's any less passion.
    He's not quiet, just happens he conveys his messages in the dressing room and doesn't tirade - that gets respect amongst peers. Watched him closely and he actually coaches from the sidelines rather than tirades. Means players absorb more. I've been very impressed, especially with attention to detail in training.

In the long run that reaps rewards.

He's not quiet, just happens he conveys his messages in the dressing room and doesn't tirade - that gets respect amongst peers. Watched him closely and he actually coaches from the sidelines rather than tirades. Means players absorb more. I've been very impressed, especially with attention to detail in training.

Really like to see this. I think it's a far more effective and sustainable way to manage a team of players, particularly in this day and age.

I realise that, hence "quiet" in quotation marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Mowbray too.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Nerdy suggesting a wrestling theme for a song but the chorus on this would fit: https://youtu.be/YHMo8PkTCxM

Paul Heckingbottom
    We’ve Got Heckingbottom
    We’ve got Heckingbottom yeah
    And Robbie Stockdale

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I'd sooner have a quiet manager than one who does aeroplane impressions up and down the touchline.

Impressed so far - Decision to not take Slivka of could have been costly but he got away with it. Other than that I am loving his press from the front style of football and his calm but confident demeanour is reverberating throughout the squad evidenced on the back of two solid away wins and a very strong showing in every game since his implementation. Looking like a very good appointment.

One criticism I had of Stubbs was that he seemed a bit emotionless after poor performances. Lennon was a lot harsher on the players and that seemed to work, for a while at least

Will be interesting to see heckingbottom's reaction after his first poor result

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    One criticism I had of Stubbs was that he seemed a bit emotionless after poor performances. Lennon was a lot harsher on the players and that seemed to work, for a while at least

Will be interesting to see heckingbottom's reaction after his first poor result
    How do you know what any manager is like in the dressing room? Poch from Spurs comes across like mellow man- but after last week's performance with the ref, I wouldn't like to see him after a defeat with the players!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    13/15 in the league. Would never have thought we’d be pretty much confirmed top 6 with 3 games to go before he came in.

Very good stuff today.