hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You compare this to our slugfests at Tynecastle. You can’t compare like for like. If we had the money these sides have then I’d expect a better product and accept criticism. Also compare the surroundings and on our hand we have a five a side pitch at tynecastle while they have a big wide quality surface to play on.

The biggest talking points today were injuries and a keeper refusing to go off. In the two biggest games English football has. Save me the excuses, your point about playing not to lose says it all about why the EPL is boring and overhyped. Of course we tuned in, as we expect it to be a decent days football, when in reality it was as boring as they come.
    I'm not comparing, I'm saying that when the stakes are high the pressure means it often just cancels out.

as Radge says finals are very rarely high scoring swashbuckling finals. in addition utd Liverpool is a game where they dislike each other so much and don't want to lose. yesterday was impacted by other factors which managers had to contend with.

neither game was boring. there have been better games but neither was boring.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I wouldn't bet Man City at 2/1.

I was just surprised that they were favourites.
    Fill yer boots laying them

I would be surprised if Liverpool win the league I think their best hope is Man City are fatigued trying to win 4 trophies.

There is no doubt Man City are and have been the best team in the league for years and that is the reason they are Favs.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post
    Man City are favourites for the simple reason that there is more money on them than any other team.

That’s what drives any betting market primarily... WOM (weight of money).

Should add that for the reasons already given above is why this is the case, people forming the opinion that for various reasons Man City will finish top.
    You are probably correct however a bookie can and does (not often I grant you) sometimes take an opinion and is willing to lay a team, horse, dog etc.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    King Kenny I'm sure is on the payroll as club ambassador.
    That'll teach me to frame my point as a question!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Fill yer boots laying them

I would be surprised if Liverpool win the league I think their best hope is Man City are fatigued trying to win 4 trophies.

There is no doubt Man City are and have been the best team in the league for years and that is the reason they are Favs.
    They were the best team last year, not the 2 season before that.