hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kamberi

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny how some on here were wanting him punted in the January window, now look at him...

To be fair to those who wanted him gone, he gave them all the ammunition needed to shoot him down. He was woeful in far too many games.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    To be fair to those who wanted him gone, he gave them all the ammunition needed to shoot him down. He was woeful in far too many games.

So was Mallan and Hanlon amongst others, no calls to get rid of them though.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    So was Mallan and Hanlon amongst others, no calls to get rid of them though.
    Their performances were at worst "poor" during our slump, whilst Kamberi's was "dire".

Flo became an easy as well as an obvious target. Calling for his head was understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by guillaume View Post
    No idea why you need to criticise him, scored a great first goal showing desire then quality, and also started the move for the second goal. That’s a great shift
    I agree it was a VG shift. Just being realistic and keeping my cream under control by pointing out he still could have done some things better and can improve.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Not funny at all. He was 5h1t for too long with a bad attitude. Kudos for turning it around though.
    Not surprised he was rotten for weeks given the treatment he had to deal with from Lennon/Parker. Glad he’s back to his old self now.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Not surprised he was rotten for weeks given the treatment he had to deal with from Lennon/Parker. Glad he’s back to his old self now.
    I accept that. As a coach you need to learn how your players react to the different style of delivery of critical analysis; which ones respond well to the hair-drier or public slating, which ones don't, and which ones it has a negative effect on. Lennon/Parker clearly got that wrong with Kambo.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

And some of our fans.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    We could all see he thrives playing alongside someone up front. Excellent last night. Tougher tests ahead but he’s got his mojo back.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by CmoantheHibs View Post
    Had a good game along with most of the team. Linked up and showed for the ball well. It stuck to him too. Perhaps not quite back to his best yet but worth noting what a difference confidence makes to a players performance.
    Along with the absence of public humiliation from his coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Brilliant tonight, huge difference and shows what confidence can do.

Only poor decision was not playing the ball through to Shaw in the last 5 minutes to make it 5.
    Should have played McNulty in for a tap in in the first half too.

Would that be the public criticism or the unsuitable role? It was noticeable that Kamberi ran to the bench after scoring.

Lennon and Parker did a lot right for us, but their mishandling of Kamberi this season deserves criticism.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

He is working hard and seems more confident. Also, getting better service from the midfield. This makes a huge difference.

A lot of us still playing to the rumours about Kamberi and why the management team were on his back. Well I’ve heard a story too.

Kamberi put on weight around his belly and backside over the summer. Sport science team not happy. He had lost some of his athleticism and this was showing up in training, sprint times, stamina. Lennon had already punted Stokes, Murray and Swanson for not meeting his standards.

Last night I watched Florian from close to the pitch. He has definitely lost his leap, even the will to jump and compete for headers on some occasions. His arse and thighs are so big that when he runs, he has to pump his arms furiously to get up to speed.

He worked hard for much of the 90, has a great shot and is an exciting player on his game. I think he has huge potential but still has a lot of work to do to be an all round striker.
    Last edited by RIP; 23-02-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    A lot of us still playing to the rumours about Kamberi and why the management team were on his back. Well I’ve heard a story too.

Kamberi put on weight around his belly and backside over the summer. Sport science team not happy. He had lost some of his athleticism and this was showing up in training, sprint times, stamina. Lennon had already punted Stokes, Murray and Swanson for not meeting his standards.

Last night I watched Florian from close to the pitch. He has definitely lost his leap, even the will to jump and compete for headers on some occasions. His arse and thighs are so big that when he runs, he has to pump his arms furiously to get up to speed.

He worked hard for much of the 90, has a great shot and is an exciting player on his game. I think he has huge potential but still has a lot of work to do to be an all round striker.
    That's utter ***** btw.

For a fat lad who can't run he did ok to outpace and out muscle Kasunga.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaquest View Post
    He is working hard and seems more confident. Also, getting better service from the midfield. This makes a huge difference.
    ‘Better service’ all of a sudden eh?

Nope ... complete myth.

He’s just playing better and working harder. He’s actually great to watch when he’s firing like last night - great specimen of a boy who nobody would enjoy playing against when he’s on song.

There has to be a middle ground in this debate that goes beyond blind loyalty to him. He played very poorly for 2/3 months .. very poorly. His relationship with the manager made things difficult but he simply cannot be absolved of blame for his own form.

If he’s played like last night most weeks the team would be much higher up the table. Long may his form continue cos him and McNulty are now the keys to our season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post

Nope ... complete myth.

He’s just playing better and working harder. He’s actually great to watch when he’s firing like last night - great specimen of a boy who nobody would enjoy playing against when he’s on song.

There has to be a middle ground in this debate that goes beyond blind loyalty to him. He played very poorly for 2/3 months .. very poorly. His relationship with the manager made things difficult but he simply cannot be absolved of blame for his own form.

If he’s played like last night most weeks the team would be much higher up the table. Long may his form continue cos him and McNulty are now the keys to our season.
    You must've missed our first goal where he scored from a through ball. When was the last time he done that in a league game? That's better service. are you suggesting the service to him under Lennon was good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    You must've missed our first goal where he scored from a through ball. When was the last time he done that in a league game? That's better service. are you suggesting the service to him under Lennon was good enough?
    Nah I’m suggesting that ‘service’ hasn’t drastically improved in the past 2 games. His form has though. He made that goal himself with his run then his strength even though it was a nice enough flick by McNulty.

He’s now controlling balls properly and being more careful with his lay offs etc. Even if he hadn’t scored these last 2 games he’s played well.

I can see you are a blind defender going by your other comments and that everything is 100 percent other people’s fault aye?
    Last edited by Shrekko; 23-02-2019 at 11:57 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    He was very poor but it was fairly obvious that the criticism was at least part of the problem as was the tactics that were being employed which almost looked designed to make him fail. I get calling a player out publicly, even if I don't agree with it, but to do it repeatedly is just stupid management and looks like blame shifting rather than motivation. Heck looks to have made the move to the 21st century unlike Lennon.

It was obvious that a change of manager was all that was going to work with Flo and so it has turned out. Flo has the capability to be a very lucrative player for us either in playing or financial terms. So glad he is back playing well and I think he will go on to be a very important player for us.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    He was very poor but it was fairly obvious that the criticism was at least part of the problem as was the tactics that were being employed which almost looked designed to make him fail. I get calling a player out publicly, even if I don't agree with it, but to do it repeatedly is just stupid management and looks like blame shifting rather than motivation. Heck looks to have made the move to the 21st century unlike Lennon.

It was obvious that a change of manager was all that was going to work with Flo and so it has turned out. Flo has the capability to be a very lucrative player for us either in playing or financial terms. So glad he is back playing well and I think he will go on to be a very important player for us.
    Fair post ... the blame has to be shared but hopefully it’s onwards and upwards.

You are flat out lying. Flo posted a picture of himself on his Instagram story a few days back where you can see that he is in a brilliant physical condition. No need to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDavidGray View Post
    You are flat out lying. Flo posted a picture of himself on his Instagram story a few days back where you can see that he is in a brilliant physical condition. No need to lie.
    Saw it too... to say he’s in decent nick is a massive understatement!

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Nah I’m suggesting that ‘service’ hasn’t drastically improved in the past 2 games. His form has though. He made that goal himself with his run then his strength even though it was a nice enough flick by McNulty.

He’s now controlling balls properly and being more careful with his lay offs etc. Even if he hadn’t scored these last 2 games he’s played well.

I can see you are a blind defender going by your other comments and that everything is 100 percent other people’s fault aye?
    I’d suggest the service has improved as has the fact he has a strike partner.

A blind person could see Flo is not at his best played as a lone striker.

Sure his form dipped and then the public criticism started but if we are looking at a blame game I’d say our bizarre switching of tactics, poor midfield layouts and lack of a proper second striker to play alongside him were all substantial factors in that.

He ended up getting frustrated and demotivated and who could really blame him for that.

But we are surely much better served by looking forward rather than back and really the why’s and what’s of his poor form previously are not overly important if he’s back on song and we are banging in the goals again!

Nope ... complete myth.

Do you genuinely think it's just a case of him magically turning it on when he fancies?

Under Lennon in the last six months, he was getting absolutely nothing from the midfield. He was playing with his back to goal and getting outmuscled by every centre back in the top flight. We often just lumped it up to him and hoped for the best. It was football reminiscent of Butcher's hit and hope stuff up to Heffernan/Collins.

He seems to be playing with a smile on his face these days, also congratulating team mates when they score and not worrying that it wasn't him.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    I’d suggest the service has improved as has the fact he has a strike partner.

A blind person could see Flo is not at his best played as a lone striker.

Sure his form dipped and then the public criticism started but if we are looking at a blame game I’d say our bizarre switching of tactics, poor midfield layouts and lack of a proper second striker to play alongside him were all substantial factors in that.

He ended up getting frustrated and demotivated and who could really blame him for that.

But we are surely much better served by looking forward rather than back and really the why’s and what’s of his poor form previously are not overly important if he’s back on song and we are banging in the goals again!
    I’ve said already it’s onwards and upwards.

I criticised him but I’m not of those fans who won’t change his mind about a player... if he keeps this up we have a terrific striker like we had last season.

He got an unnecessarily tough time this season but there is no excuse for being ‘demotivated’ ....which he did look.

I enjoyed his play last night and thought he was brilliant after he scored last week.

Left by mutual consent!

You mustn't have seen the pictures on Insta circa a week before he signed for us, on holiday posing for pictures with JMac with his tap aff. Wish I was that fat.

Sounds legit 😂😂

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    I’ve said already it’s onwards and upwards.

I criticised him but I’m not of those fans who won’t change his mind about a player... if he keeps this up we have a terrific striker like we had last season.

He got an unnecessarily tough time this season but there is no excuse for being ‘demotivated’ ....which he did look.

I enjoyed his play last night and thought he was brilliant after he scored last week.
    Fair enough although I think he had plenty of excuses to be demotivated as he saw another aimless long ball get launched in his general direction and pondered just how Lenny would blame it on him. Footballers are humans too so working in a difficult environment where criticism is the norm will effect anyone.

Some people might play through that and try all the harder, others maybe let their heads drop...Kambo is defo one of the latter, that much we can agree on!

But as you say his performance last night was way better so let’s just hope he keeps that up from here on in.

He was but tactics and the public bullying by his former manager were the main reasons for his poor form...anyone with a bit of common sense could see that mate

Welcome back Flo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk