hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's great to hear someone say this. The SFA, media and bigot brothers have just got away with sweeping it under the carpet for so long now. Even guys like Boyd who called it out only do so when they are targeted (when has he ever commented on singing by his darling Sevco fans?).

Our game is a disgrace - corruption, sectarianism and incompetence rule in Scottish football and the rest of the clubs need to stand up and say no more.
    We and the clubs have put up with it for years, and I hate to say it, but can't see a single thing changing, love to be proved wrong

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Absolutely going off on one in his post match presser

“Steve Clarke: “It's lovely being back in the west of Scotland. When I was approached by Rangers about taking over the job here I was assured that we don't have that in the west of Scotland any more. “But to call me a f***** b******, come on. Where are we living? The dark ages?”

“Steve Clarke has called the red card “a joke”. He added: “if that’s the standard of decisions then we should pack up and go home. The officials have decided the game, every week - it’s embarrassing.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Months ago Steve Clarke stated that he hadn't been approached by Rangers and tonight he states he was .
    Ya big fibber.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    We and the clubs have put up with it for years, and I hate to say it, but can't see a single thing changing, love to be proved wrong
    Sadly I agree. There are few things in life more frustrating to me right now than Scottish football. It's not been a great year to be a Hibs fan but taking that aside it really feels like we've reached a nadir.

The fact that Sevco, the team who were drawn at home 12 consecutive games in the cup and were awarded 4 penalties in one game can claim referees are biased against them says so much about the state of things.

Good on Clarke for calling it as it is. Looking forward to seeing and hearing the response tomorrow from the media and the SFA and of course at some point the Scottish Parliament saying we have NO issues with sectarianism in Scotland.

Right man for the job or not, we should've absolutely backed Neil Lennon all the way on the sectarian abuse. We should've kicked up **** about it.

It's ****ing disgusting.

Left by mutual consent!
    Sweep sweep sweep. Another bitter Catholic his side lost.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    It's great to hear someone say this. The SFA, media and bigot brothers have just got away with sweeping it under the carpet for so long now. Even guys like Boyd who called it out only do so when they are targeted (when has he ever commented on singing by his darling Sevco fans?).

Our game is a disgrace - corruption, sectarianism and incompetence rule in Scottish football and the rest of the clubs need to stand up and say no more.
    Last paragraph is so true.

Game needs refreshed. The sectarian issue is more than football though but at least Scottish Football could actually be more responsible and take a stand against it.

It’s swept under the carpet and too many people are scared to bring it up due to fines / fear of being targeted / losing their jobs etc.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Last paragraph is so true.

Game needs refreshed. The sectarian issue is more than football though but at least Scottish Football could actually be more responsible and take a stand against it.

It’s swept under the carpet and too many people are scared to bring it up due to fines / fear of being targeted / losing their jobs etc.
    It's largely driven by football out here in the west, clean it up, and eradicate it from football and it will slowly dwindle to a genuine minority who are only brave behind locked doors.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Sweep sweep sweep. Another bitter Catholic his side lost.
    Yup. Sportsound tomororw night will have Ex Rangers and Celtic players on saying it’s difficult to self police, it is a minority, it’s not just Rangers and Celtic blah blah blah

First Team Breakthrough cookin_on_gaz's Avatar
    I watched about 10 minutes of the first half on periscope and virtually every person in the vicinity of the guy filming was hurling sectarian abuse. It was actually sickenening to hear and is definetly not a minority.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Petrie et al chose to ‘move on’ instead of shining a huge ****ing spotlight on the SFA and their corrupt ways. Now they can do what they want, dodgy refereeing performances, sectarian singing, financial irregularities just blatant in everybody’s face.

Clark will get censured, none of the issues will be addressed and Rangers progress will continue to be eased by officialdom.

We ALL shat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I’m happy he’s brought it up. Bit annoying that he didn’t do the same on Sunday when it was the Celtc fans though. Both as bad as each other and it’s a problem that’ll never get fixed.
    Somehow I don't think they called him a F----N B----D Though ?????

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    It's largely driven by football out here in the west, clean it up, and eradicate it from football and it will slowly dwindle to a genuine minority who are only brave behind locked doors.
    I agree with that.
    To put this right the Scottish Govt would have to stomp on the Scottish Football authorities and cause them to drive behaviour changes within football grounds in relation to sectarian singing and abuse.
    Bottom line is point deductions. Nothing else would work.
    You would quickly see the clubs and decent supporters sorting out those who persisted.

Everytime I hear him speak it becomes more and more evident why the hibs board didn't give him the job. Stay quiet and move along nothing to see here eh?

Although what is being said is clearly wrong, I can’t help but feel it wouldn’t have been mentioned if they won tonight.

Mentioning this to try and deflect from the fact his team got battered tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Good to see someone not afraid to call things as they are and not shy away from a difficult subject. Hope Hibs can learn a few lessons here.
    there is nothing difficult about this subject. It has been a "subject" for far too many years and needs seriously addressed. get with the programme, we need it eradicated from not just football but Scottish society in general. 2019, end bigotry at football, end bigotry in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Spot on there was a research report done by an academic from Northern Ireland recently who indicated the lack of action by football authorities re sectarianism mainly perpetuated it throughout society.

Well done Steve

Good to hear Steve Clark say it how it is, actually, saying what we’ve all been saying for years and for the same number of years the TV, the Media ( West Coast ) the SFA have all been ignoring it and downplaying it to the tune of, it’s only a minority. Well it’s not just a minority, it’s the the biggest percentage of them and they all know that, their problem is, take away the bigotry, take away the sectarianism and the pure hatred and all of a sudden you don’t have the game they all seem to say is the best game in the world. All pure crap.
    Worst of all they know how to fix it, there is only two ways, play there games in front of empty stadiums or deduct points, neither of which they will do because most of the media are embroiled in this disgusting behaviour too.
    Once again, well said Steve but your wise words won’t change a thing.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOD View Post
    Somehow I don't think they called him a F----N B----D Though ?????
    They called his player a fat orange *******. Absolutely no difference yet Clarke said he didn’t want to talk about that and wanted to focus on the football.

They called his player a fat orange *******. Absolutely no difference yet Clarke said he didn’t want to talk about that and wanted to focus on the football.
    Exactly, hypocrite of the highest order

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Everytime I hear him speak it becomes more and more evident why the hibs board didn't give him the job. Stay quiet and move along nothing to see here eh?
    Dont talk nonsense.

So, instead of Clarke we appointed Neil Lennon, a man known to stay quiet especially in the face of Sectarian abuse?

Lennon said (almost) exactly the same thing Clarke did a few months ago, this was followed up by loads in the press and Dempster defending him on Talksport to that tit Jim White.

This has nothing to do with "the Hibs board" and everything to do with the Glasgow clubs.

Left by mutual consent!
    So he’s not allowed to speak on abuse he got personal ally unless he speaks about everyone else?

He wasn’t focusing on the football ripping intoceltic for running on pitch and Damaging seats?

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Dont talk nonsense.

So, instead of Clarke we appointed Neil Lennon, a man known to stay quiet especially in the face of Sectarian abuse?

Lennon said (almost) exactly the same thing Clarke did a few months ago, this was followed up by loads in the press and Dempster defending him on Talksport to that tit Jim White.

This has nothing to do with "the Hibs board" and everything to do with the Glasgow clubs.
    Dempster backed him up on the coin incident. Name a time she or the hibs board have spoken up on the sectarian abuse our previous 2 managers have received? It's pretty evident we don't want to rock the boat and offend particular clubs or people. The media ran a slanderous campaign against hibs fans for months after the cup final and we invited them in for a tour of east mains and a cup of tea ffs

So we appoint Neil Lennon instead? A lightning rod for bigots and idiots.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    So we appoint Neil Lennon instead? A lightning rod for bigots and idiots.
    Good point.
    Didn't back him up and call out the sectarian abuse as a club though eh?.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    So he’s not allowed to speak on abuse he got personal ally unless he speaks about everyone else?

He wasn’t focusing on the football ripping intoceltic for running on pitch and Damaging seats?
    I’m just wondering why he didn’t comment on Sunday but went all out last night. I’m very happy that he’s highlighted it but I feel like Celtc always get off lightly in these situations.

Dempster backed him up on the coin incident. Name a time she or the hibs board have spoken up on the sectarian abuse our previous 2 managers have received? It's pretty evident we don't want to rock the boat and offend particular clubs or people. The media ran a slanderous campaign against hibs fans for months after the cup final and we invited them in for a tour of east mains and a cup of tea ffs
    Jim White asked her if he brought that on himself - she said no

I am slightly unclear on what you expect and why you think this societal issue (mostly WoS) is in some way a problem that the Hibs board can and should solve, especially as sectarianism and sectarian abuse isnt something that is really an issue at Hibs or with Hibs fans?

For example -

• What did the Celtic board do about the constant abuse Lennon got?
    • What did the Killie board speak out about the abuse Celtic fans gave fatso Boyd?
    • What will they do about the Clarke episode?

While you have strong opinions about this subject which are valid, laying it at Hibs board door and saying "solve it" is just silly.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Right man for the job or not, we should've absolutely backed Neil Lennon all the way on the sectarian abuse. We should've kicked up **** about it.

It's ****ing disgusting.
    Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Jim White asked her if he brought that on himself - she said no

I am slightly unclear on what you expect and why you think this societal issue (mostly WoS) is in some way a problem that the Hibs board can and should solve, especially as sectarianism and sectarian abuse isnt something that is really an issue at Hibs or with Hibs fans?

For example -

• What did the Celtic board do about the constant abuse Lennon got?
    • What did the Killie board speak out about the abuse Celtic fans gave fatso Boyd?
    • What will they do about the Clarke episode?

While you have strong opinions about this subject which are valid, laying it at Hibs board door and saying "solve it" is just silly.
    Jim White asked if he brought the coin incident on himself with the way he behaved on the touchline - there was no mention of sectarianism.

I expect us to speak up. I also expect other clubs to speak up. But we can't just sit on our hands and let it continue or wait on someone else taking the lead. The problem isn't going to go away by putting our fingers in our ears. Hibs could've released a statement saying they condemn the sectarian abuse our manager received when it happened. Killie could do the same about Clarke. Simply saying "What do you expect hibs to do on their own?" Isn't going to help. Until clubs start calling it out it will continue and it will continue to be swept under the carpet within a few days of it happening. Our last 2 managers have been subject to disgusting sectarian abuse. We should have spoken up and called it out but we didn't and I don't find it acceptable at all.

Jim White asked if he brought the coin incident on himself with the way he behaved on the touchline - there was no mention of sectarianism.

I expect us to speak up. I also expect other clubs to speak up. But we can't just sit on our hands and let it continue or wait on someone else taking the lead. The problem isn't going to go away by putting our fingers in our ears. Hibs could've released a statement saying they condemn the sectarian abuse our manager received when it happened. Killie could do the same about Clarke. Simply saying "What do you expect hibs to do on their own?" Isn't going to help. Until clubs start calling it out it will continue and it will continue to be swept under the carpet within a few days of it happening. Our last 2 managers have been subject to disgusting sectarian abuse. We should have spoken up and called it out but we didn't and I don't find it acceptable at all.
    We might just have to disagree on some of this.

Clearly its unacceptable, but equally clearly it is a societal issue - predominantly west of scotland - which sadly has an outlet in some football teams.

I dont think for a minute that Hibs releasing a statement would solve anything.

I also dont believe that its Hibs role to lead a resolution on this as the problem is much more widespread than football.

Cheers