hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Steve Clarke

Blog Entries
    Gerrard has asked for the small number of Hun muppets who sing sectarian songs to stop. To even suggest numbers are small is a cynical token gesture. Does the clown, who has RC connections not even admit that there is a huge problem?
    Last edited by Jim44; 24-02-2019 at 05:02 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And before that
    Celtic polytheistists 100% Catholic 0%
    St Columba has a lot to answer for
    What about us atheists?

We never get anything.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Gerrard has asked for the small number of Hun muppets who sing sectarian songs to stop. To even suggest numbers are small is a cynical token gesture. Does the clown, who has RC connections not even admit that there is a huge problem?
    Think you are being a little harsh on Gerrard. I’ve not seen what he’s said, but if what you say is true he’s said more in less than a season than most others in Scottish football, have said in a long time.

The more people speaking out, however big or small the extent. the more it helps us to seriously tackle the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    To anyone watching their game against Accies right now, are you finally understanding this?

A banner telling Steve Clarke to 'get well soon', and singing the same song that calls him a sad fenian ******** again.

All because he had the nerve to confront them about their sectarianism.

They are so clearly far and away worse than Celtic on this front, it's laughable to pretend otherwise. Rangers are not only sectarian, they revel in being sectarian and mock those who tell them they are sectarian.

It is Scotland's responsibility now to go after Rangers and curb this once and for all. Not try and appease them and pretend Celtic are as bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    It matters when a good % of our country (and even this forum) still perpetuate the bad as each other myth.

Indirectly, it makes Rangers fans think they are okay to carry on because they are told 'Celtic are just as bad'.

I sincerely don't think it is point scoring, it's troubleshooting.

If you were a firefighter and you had two fires to put out, one was a blazing inferno and the other was a regular house fire, which one would you put out first? You wouldn't say 'well all fire is bad'.
    This time last week, a large number of fans were chanting "fat orange *******" at Kris Boyd, their fans were caught singing about Lee Rigby a couple of years ago, they continually sing songs in support of a terrorist organisation and they routinely embarrass the country around Remembrance Day.

Their songs/behaviour may not be as overtly anti-Protestant as the huns are anti-Roman Catholic but there is absolutely no doubt that they are just as bad as each other when it comes to this type of conduct.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Think you are being a little harsh on Gerrard. I’ve not seen what he’s said, but if what you say is true he’s said more in less than a season than most others in Scottish football, have said in a long time.

The more people speaking out, however big or small the extent. the more it helps us to seriously tackle the problem.
    I think his proximity to the culprits at every game might have given him a clearer idea, and certainly more than most, of the extent of the Sectarian abuse. Maybe the media microphones are exaggerating the volume of abuse and the problem is not so severe as some of us think it is. My sarcasm isn’t aimed at you, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    What about us atheists?

We never get anything.

To a, sad polytheistic bassa, and a, sheet football teeee---eeem

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    To a, sad polytheistic bassa, and a, sheet football teeee---eeem

Aye but I'm an agnostic atheist.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

Aye but I'm an agnostic atheist.

Jeez that one's not going to scan easily

@hibs.net private member

The "small number" stuff is a favourite of the Scottish press. In reality, it's thousands of them. But anything to trivialise and play down the issue right?

Did the media talk about the "small number" of Hibs fans who went onto the pitch after the cup final? Of course not, it was exaggerated and played up to make Hibs look as bad as possible.

When sectarian singing comes along it's mute the mics and put our fingers in our ears. If anyone mentions it then play down as much as possible.

This isn't a dig at you BTW or even Gerrard per se, it's just the ongoing attitude Scottish football seems to have on the issue.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    The "small number" stuff is a favourite of the Scottish press. In reality, it's thousands of them. But anything to trivialise and play down the issue right?

Did the media talk about the "small number" of Hibs fans who went onto the pitch after the cup final? Of course not, it was exaggerated and played up to make Hibs look as bad as possible.

When sectarian singing comes along it's mute the mics and put our fingers in our ears. If anyone mentions it then play down as much as possible.

This isn't a dig at you BTW or even Gerrard per se, it's just the ongoing attitude Scottish football seems to have on the issue.
    https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11788/11646968/small-section-of-rangers-fans-repeat-abusive-steve-clarke-chant

This is what gets me wound up. "small number" is used 3 times, just in case the headline wasn't enough to be clear what the company line is. No mention of numbers around the original incident though. Wonder why...

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post

You are entirely correct
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47404999

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.b...-37865426.html

Not really meant as whataboutery, but either Celtic are regressing in their behaviour recently, or there isn’t really much of a difference in the knuckle dragging elements in both Old Firm supports. With Celtic all but guaranteed to drop off from the unprecedented success of Brendan Rogers, and Rangers getting closer to Celtic it’s only going to get worse from both IMO.

@hibs.net private member

Not really meant as whataboutery, but either Celtic are regressing in their behaviour recently, or there isn’t really much of a difference in the knuckle dragging elements in both Old Firm supports. With Celtic all but guaranteed to drop off from the unprecedented success of Brendan Rogers, and Rangers getting closer to Celtic it’s only going to get worse from both IMO.
    Septic's away support has always been as bad as Sevco's. In fairness to them, 'though, ever since Fergus McCann's "Bhoys against bigotry" campaign, the home support has been better. Don't think there is much sectarian/political (*delete as appropriate) chanting at Parkhead (? I could be wrong - haven't been for years), whereas at Ibrox you can clearly hear 40,000 still singing about killing Catholics etc etc at every home game.

Ah, we're back on the 'minority' and 'small number' again.

I suupose 24,000 people in a 50,000 crowd is technically a 'minority'... but a small number? I don't think so.

They have regressed, recently, in my opinion.

There's been a sharp upturn in 'orange this' and 'orange that', coupled with some incredibly distasteful songs and all the usual IRA pish.

Sectarianism? Apart from the orange stuff, no. Not comparable to Rangers. ***** that needs to be stamped out? Yes.
    Last edited by HibeeHibernian4; 01-03-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Not wanting to start the whole whataboutery stuff but how come Celtic have been pulled up for the orange *******s aimed at Boyd and the Republican songs recently, but no condemnation of Rangers and their Loyalist tunes or even Hearts and their 'Gorgie billy boys' and fenian pish at the last ER derby? Police Scotland and Sportscene and the printed press have had a go at Celtic and their fans, but can't recall the same for the huns or wee huns. Swept under the carpet for the Establishment clubs?