hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Our own fault. Sensible business decision because our own fans have stopped bothering.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We wont finish in the bottom 6 though
    In your own opinion. The board have a responsibility to take everything into consideration though and I would imagine for them top 6 will now be an added bonus.

If true this is poor from Hibs.

Last time there were a few threads saying how much better it was at both old firm games with less away fans both in the local area and less noise in the stadium.

Have the board given up on Top 6 and just want to make a little ££ ?

Stuff this like makes us look weak and we should be making more efforts to entice our own fans back rather then annoying them by doing what suits the west coast bigots.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    I honestly don't think it could have got much higher.

It's hard to build continuity when your a selling a club, that's the reality .
    Which teams in Scotland aren't selling clubs currently?

Only right that we try to keep The Rangers sweet now that Celtc aren't speaking to us.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    If true this is poor from Hibs.

Last time there were a few threads saying how much better it was at both old firm games with less away fans both in the local area and less noise in the stadium.

Have the board given up on Top 6 and just want to make a little ££ ?

Stuff this like makes us look weak and we should be making more efforts to entice our own fans back rather then annoying them by doing what suits the west coast bigots.
    Celtic we have to give due to Scottish Cup rules, but if we can’t sell the south for Hibs fans, we’re as well taking the revenue in my opinion
    If we can sell the south to Hibs fans, now that’s a different story

Very disappointed with it. Our record against the Old Firm since cutting them down to half a stand speaks volumes.

Full stand:
    Hibs 2-2 Celtic
    Hibs 1-2 Rangers
    Hibs 2-1 Celtic

Half stand:
    Hibs 5-5 Rangers
    Hibs 2-0 Celtic
    Hibs 0-0 Rangers
    Last edited by HibeeHibernian4; 20-02-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Celtic we have to give due to Scottish Cup rules, but if we can’t sell the south for Hibs fans, we’re as well taking the revenue in my opinion
    If we can sell the south to Hibs fans, now that’s a different story
    Exactly! It's all very well having principles but that does not pay the players wages and as much as I would rather give them half the stand if we aren't filling the other half then it's just throwing money away....

From a business point of view it makes sense, from a sporting point of view it is extremely disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Very disappointed with it. Our record against the Old Firm since cutting them down to half a stand speaks volumes.

Full stand:
    Hibs 2-2 Celtic
    Hibs 1-2 Rangers

Half stand:
    Hibs 2-1 Celtic
    Hibs 5-5 Rangers
    Hibs 2-0 Celtic
    Hibs 0-0 Rangers
    i'd have more sympathy for this view if folk had turned up in big numbers v Raith etc

Then you'd be saying to the board "but our fans aren't fickle, they turn up through thick and thin in equally large numbers"

But too many of our fans are part time

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Shame, both supports are very vocal when they have a whole stand, but with half a stand you can hardly hear them which is a big advantage to us. Disappointing and not looking forward to hearing the party songs in full flow in the near future

Full stand:
    Hibs 2-2 Celtic
    Hibs 1-2 Rangers

Half stand:
    Hibs 2-1 Celtic
    Hibs 5-5 Rangers
    Hibs 2-0 Celtic
    Hibs 0-0 Rangers
    Rather than blaming the board blame all the fans that aren't turning up as last season we would have filled our half easily.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Rather than blaming the board blame all the fans that aren't turning up as last season we would have filled our half easily.
    We sold tickets in the South against Hamilton. We'd easily take a large number v Celtic and Rangers.

Ridiculous from the board.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Disappointed by this. I’ve always argued for a reduced allocation, even with the financial hit. It’s about giving the players the best chance of winning on the day and letting the uglies know that we don’t simply bend over to them as they think we should.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    We sold tickets in the South against Hamilton. We'd easily take a large number v Celtic and Rangers.

The tickets have been on sale since the 28th of January (at least) and plenty are still left for sale with just over two weeks left before the game.

It would be throwing money away opening up half the south to home fans when it's likely at the very least the top tier would remain empty.

Me I would give them even less than half the stand but Hibs fans need to buy tickets in return and they simply have not done it.
    Last edited by Steven79; 20-02-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Do we know how much more of an allocation we've given them or has it been confirmed anywhere yet?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

We’ll be lucky to sell out our own 3 stands

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    i'd have more sympathy for this view if folk had turned up in big numbers v Raith etc

Then you'd be saying to the board "but our fans aren't fickle, they turn up through thick and thin in equally large numbers"

But too many of our fans are part time
    I don't think I blamed the board in my post. By saying I was disappointed with 'it', I was referring to the fact they're getting an increase in tickets.

If you ever have the misfortune of reading over the numerous loyalty point debates we've had on this forum, you'll see pretty quickly that I have no problem at all in bemoaning fans who only seem to be able to find Easter Road/the Roseburn when the weather is fair.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Our own fault. Sensible business decision because our own fans have stopped bothering.
    Correct, that's the reality óf Scottish football dominated by 2 clubs.

What would be most disappointing, IMO, is if Hibs just do it without making any mention of it. That seems to be the way of it these days when there is anything negative to communicate.

If they came out and gave a justification or acknowledged it then fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    We’ll be lucky to sell out our own 3 stands
    I would be very surprised if they sell-out.

We still out-number them and it's our job to drown them out and help our team over the line.
    Last edited by Steven79; 20-02-2019 at 12:13 PM.

I'm sure the Fans Reps would have told us before the Rangers fans were told?

I would be very surprised if they sell-out.

We still out-number them and it's our job to down them out and help our team over the line.
    Absolutely mate. I was delighted when we reduced their allocation previously as it meant there was an extra 500-1000 hibs fans attending the games

However it’s looks to me very unlikely that any of our fans are going to miss out so sensible decision.

Did we sell our full allocation in the South for the Celtic game in September?

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    Back to the old crawling up to the OF, catering for all their whims, with our tails between our legs.

The Huns will be loving this.
    Well, maybe the Huns will indeed be loving this. But at the end of the day who is to blame for that?

It was the fans who clamoured for Sevco and Celtic to get a reduced allocation backed up by increased attendances at Easter Road. For months now the crowds have been dropping off with many season ticket holders just not turning up to support the team and that was happening months before the Neil Lennon saga, so that isn't a factor IMO. It is also a fact that we barely sold half of our south stand allocation for the last 3 visits from the ugly sisters and we still had empty seats in the 3 'home' stands.

As I recall when we met Sevco in the Championship play off it was the first time we experimented with cutting their allocation. We had a team well capable of overturning the 2 goal deficit from the first leg and we proved that by battering the buggers for 90 minutes, even if we did fall short in the end. Hibs reward for listening to the fans and cutting the Sevco allocation that day to as few as we could was a turn out from our fans of less than 14,000 even though it was a huge and winnable game for the club.

Instead of us battering the club over this perhaps it would be better to ask Leeann Dempster to stand in the middle of Leith Walk with a megaphone and shout to the 140,000 who turned up to watch the cup parade …. C'MON, WHERE ARE YOU, WHERE ARE YOU !!! ….. because if we are going to cut away allocations its up to the fans to make it viable and worthwhile … as things stand we aren't doing that.

We can talk about morals all we like, but at the end of the day the people running Hibs have a duty to maximise the clubs income, and as a board they would be abdicating that responsibility by turning away paying fans, even odious pricks like Sevco have following them. We have set a precedent in the last couple of seasons and there's nothing to stop us cutting their allocation in the future.

There's been a lot of complaining lately from some quarters about the club not listening to the fans. Well this is a situation where the club did listen to the fans and their reward for it as far as I can see is the fans failing to hold up our end of the bargain.

I'll end by saying that as part of the 12 or so thousand who did turn up for that play off second leg I've never been more proud to be part of a Hibs support, the reaction to the team which began 5 minutes from the end made the hairs stand up on the back of your neck …. I'd settle for that same 12,000 being our home support at every game.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 20-02-2019 at 12:15 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Thats a belter.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Thats a belter.

Full stand:
    Hibs 2-2 Celtic
    Hibs 1-2 Rangers

Half stand:
    Hibs 2-1 Celtic
    Hibs 5-5 Rangers
    Hibs 2-0 Celtic
    Hibs 0-0 Rangers
    Totally agree with the point you're making, but I think for the 2-1 victory over Celtic last season we gave the smellies the entire away end?

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Totally agree with the point you're making, but I think for the 2-1 victory over Celtic last season we gave the smellies the entire away end?
    Yeah they had the full end as it was too short notice while Rangers only got half.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Haha good one!