hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NHC Mickel Miller

That winger Hamilton have signed from Carshalton is a bit of a player going by his performance on Saturday.
    Get him in Petrie!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hughio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That winger Hamilton have signed from Carshalton is a bit of a player going by his performance on Saturday.
    Get him in Petrie!
    Petrie doesn't sign players.

Just saying.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

The guy was very skilful, got past a few of our players. Put in some threatening balls too.

Get him in Petrie!
    Said this on Saturday too, was Hamiltons main threat, very skillful direct and not afraid to take people on

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Petrie doesn't sign players.

Just saying.
    Ha ha!

@hibs.net private member
    Get him in Petrie!
    Was that No 11?

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Was that No 11?
    Yep, a good potential replacement for Pong.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Ah yes, the weekly 'opposition winger took a player on, could he do a job?' thread 😂

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Ah yes, the weekly 'opposition winger took a player on, could he do a job?' thread 😂
    He did more than that, and has scored 9 goals for Accies in what is a shocking team.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Just because this MIGHT be a common reaction to opposition player who play well against (although can't say I have noticed this to be the case) doesn't mean to say that there are no wee gems out there to be cherry picked for the future. I thought the lad had a good game and certainly skinned a few of our players, left Hanlon for dead at one point, had a very good shot just over the bar and was a constant threat.

If we shut our eyes to these players then we could maybe just miss out. I certainly thought the lad was worth looking at again by one of our scouts?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    He played for their development side against Hibs last season, was a stand out

I told my brother that he was their best player before we watched the highlights together and even on the limited Sportscene highlights he was at the centre of everything positive that they did.

He looked like a cracking player to me, and exactly the type we should be signing.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Get him in Petrie!
    Surely not based on one game.

I remember at the time folk saying we should have signed Rakish Bingham after his wonder goal for Hamilton against us last season.

Where is he now - the dizzy heights of Cheltenham Town.

@hibs.net private member
    I pretty much never notice opposition players but he really stood out. Looked very dangerous and comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Yeah...because I honestly cant remember when I saw such a mazy winger take on and beat a few defenders at speed and that's what I like best in games of football.Sorry if it offends.
    I wasn't serious about signing him obvs.
    Last edited by hughio; 18-02-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Yeah...because I honestly cant remember when I saw such a mazy winger take on and beat a few defenders at speed and that's what I like best in games of football.Sorry if it offends.
    If you ever get a chance when he's fit, check out the Hibs winger Martin Boyle.

It was a fairly nondescript Hamilton side. Normally I'll recognise a few players but Ziggy Gordon was the only one of their players who I knew.

The number 11 caught the eye immediately and was a menace throughout the game. I must admit I'd never heard of him before, and knew nothing about him until this thread.

I remember hearing about a few players for the first time - such as my mate going on about "the boy Mallan that's meant to take a decent free kick" when we played St Mirren.

He looked like a player.

Thought they added to the game the way they tried to play, lead to a better watch than some of the stuffy, aberdeen type performances from away teams we see more often than not. Though suppose they had to open up at 2 down.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Get him in Petrie!
    Agree, I think he was very good and caused our defence quite a few problems on Saturday. Could well be one to look out for!

Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    If you ever get a chance when he's fit, check out the Hibs winger Martin Boyle.
    Of course I love Boyle's speed too but its been a while since he really impressed and this boy seemed to me anyway more of a footballer.Not looking to rubbish any of our squad.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Followed by the weekly, or is it daily attention seeking comment from yourself

I thought Miller looked very impressive. He was rapid and direct, best attacking player on the park on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Of course I love Boyle's speed too but its been a while since he really impressed and this boy seemed to me anyway more of a footballer.Not looking to rubbish any of our squad.
    Martin is one of our best players (when played on the wing) and I was really hoping that we would get Barker for this season on the left. Having both of them in the team would have been immense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Martin is one of our best players (when played on the wing) and I was really hoping that we would get Barker for this season on the left. Having both of them in the team would have been immense.
    He was out of position as a striker and I think went a bit off since getting picked for the Aussies.It was perhaps as far back as the 6-0 against Accies that I can recall seeing him flying past people and cutting inside....then being a bit inconsistent with that final ball (to be honest).Mickel Miller just looked to me a controlled footballer who timed things very well all in a natural easy way at speed and made good decisions at the end of it.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    He was out of position as a striker and I think went a bit off since getting picked for the Aussies.It was perhaps as far back as the 6-0 against Accies that I can recall seeing him flying past people and cutting inside....then being a bit inconsistent with that final ball (to be honest).Mickel Miller just looked to me a controlled footballer who timed things very well all in a natural easy way at speed and made good decisions at the end of it.
    That’s fair enough and I agree that Squirrel is not a striker. He’s definitely a talented winger and if his final delivery and shooting we’re more consistently good he’d not be here with us!

It will be interesting what happens with Mickel over the summer.

I honestly cant remember when I saw such a mazy winger take on and beat a few defenders at speed

It's not the same as saying what you posted above on an earlier post.

I do agree the lad looked impressive on Saturday but you can't sustain buying players that look the part every time they play a decent game against us. I'm not sure if he played when we beat them away 1-0 in December but if he did, he done nothing that was like anything impressive.

He's been with Hamilton for over a year scoring 4 league goals and only 1 assist and yet you believe he's a better footballer than Boyle.

I honestly cant remember when I saw such a mazy winger take on and beat a few defenders at speed

I do agree the lad looked impressive on Saturday but you can't sustain buying players that look the part every time they play a decent game against us. I'm not sure if he played when we beat them away 1-0 in December but if he did, he done nothing that was like anything impressive.

He's been with Hamilton for over a year scoring 4 league goals and only 1 assist and yet you believe he's a better footballer than Boyle.
    You are right .I am inaccurate.Just meant I liked his style.Only joking about buying him right away obviously.Thanks for pointing out he's been there a year though.I misread and thought he was a new arrival.Maybe he just had a one off blinder.

Boyle's cv prior to joining Hibs wasn't exactly sparkling but he clearly had a bit of raw talent to work with, exactly the same as Miller of Accies.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Boyle's cv prior to joining Hibs wasn't exactly sparkling but he clearly had a bit of raw talent to work with, exactly the same as Miller of Accies.
    And your point being?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Not for me.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

14 games for Hamilton , in League and Cup, this season and 7 goals. Pretty impressive stat really, isn’t it?

Nobody’s really saying we should buy him based on Saturday, but the boy’s done good given where he’s come from. Worth keeping an eye on anyway.