hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    14 games for Hamilton , in League and Cup, this season and 7 goals. Pretty impressive stat really, isn’t it?

Nobody’s really saying we should buy him based on Saturday, but the boy’s done good given where he’s come from. Worth keeping an eye on anyway.
    Definitely worth keeping an eye on. He was a standout for them on Saturday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Groathillgrump View Post
    Definitely worth keeping an eye on. He was a standout for them on Saturday.
    Yes, his current contract ends this season and I think Hamilton turned down an offer earlier from a smallish club down South. He looked decent and very athletic ( something we lack)

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Ah yes, the weekly 'opposition winger took a player on, could he do a job?' thread 😂
    Do you take pleasure in winding people up?

hughio was obviously being tongue in cheek when he suggested signing him up on the strength of one game.

There's nothing wrong with people pointing out that an opposition player had a good game against us. I'd hope that Heckingbottom and the recruitment team were taking a mental note of Miller's name too and will be keeping an eye on his performances for Hamilton over the next couple of months.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    14 games for Hamilton , in League and Cup, this season and 7 goals. Pretty impressive stat really, isn’t it?

Nobody’s really saying we should buy him based on Saturday, but the boy’s done good given where he’s come from. Worth keeping an eye on anyway.
    Taken from football stats... 26 Appearances this season, 7 goals - 3 of them in a league cup tie against Berwick Rangers back in July. His league goals 1 in August, 2 in September with his last being just before Christmas.

I would have to disagree with these stats being impressive. I said earlier that I wasn't sure if he played in the 1-0 for us back in December as he done nothing that was impressive and it turns out he did indeed play in that particular game.

Oh, and you'll see that the OP did suggest that Petrie signs him on the back of his performance on Saturday.
    Last edited by green with envy; 18-02-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    Taken from football stats... 26 Appearances this season, 7 goals - 3 of them in a league cup tie against Berwick Rangers back in July. His league goals 1 in August, 2 in September with his last being just before Christmas.

I would have to disagree with these stats being impressive. I said earlier that I wasn't sure if he played in the 1-0 for us back in December as he done nothing that was impressive and it turns out he did indeed play in that particular game.

Oh, and you'll see that the OP did suggest that Petrie signs him on the back of his performance on Saturday.
    No I didn't!

That is what you call banter in the spirit of radges on here that actually think that way.I'm sure you're not one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by hughio View Post
    No I didn't!

That is what you call banter in the spirit of radges on here that actually think that way.I'm sure you're not one of those.
    Oh but you did. I see you've added an exclamation mark to make a point that you didn't, as you did when you suggested that Petrie gets him in. You canny have it both ways.

"That winger Hamilton have signed from Carshalton is a bit of a player going by his performance on Saturday.
    Get him in Petrie!
    "

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

All done playing in a piss poor Hamilton side. He was direct and caused us all sorts of problems. Would be a good addition to our squad.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Oh but you did. I see you've added an exclamation mark to make a point that you didn't, as you did when you suggested that Petrie gets him in. You canny have it both ways.

"That winger Hamilton have signed from Carshalton is a bit of a player going by his performance on Saturday.
    Get him in Petrie!
    "
    Being a bit picky here no? I thought he was excellent too, he made Hanlon look daft a couple of times.

Might be that the tactics employed by Rice are more attacking than Cannings and hence Miller is playing better. Which would be why he stands out now and perhaps not when we last played them.

Would I be happy if we signed him up based on that performance, probably yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    I was speaking to 2 Accies fans before the game. The travel to every Accies match (real footie fans) and they were singing his praises. They said he was very fast, true, could run and dribble past defenders, true, could shoot, true, and had a good knowledge of the game, looked true.

Don't know why Hughio is getting such a hard time on here to be honest. Only made point he thought the Hamilton player had a good game and is worth keeping an eye on with a view to a possible signing in the near future. For what it's worth so do I. Thought he had a good game and if wasn't a one off, well worth keeping tabs on him.

There are a number not YouTube videos of the boy and he looms very tricky although the quality not the opposition is poor. Looks like Hamilton have got themselves a decent player
    https://youtu.be/bMq-fh5fH-w

https://youtu.be/LPuxfC8iqIQ
    Last edited by 04Sauzee; 18-02-2019 at 06:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Get him in Petrie!
    "
    C’mon, you know that kind of comment about Petrie is an in joke on here.

As for the stats, 7 goals for a winger in a pish side in 26 games. You’re obviously not easily impressed.

As for the stats, 7 goals for a winger in a pish side in 26 games. You’re obviously not easily impressed.
    As said, 3 of them were against Berwick Rangers in July.

If you care to check back on my earlier posts you'll see that I've already said he was impressive on Saturday. I've also said too that he wan't that impressive when they played us at their own ground back in December.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Yep, a good potential replacement for Pong.

Yeah he had some Ping on him.

Thank you!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

He had a decent showing on Saturday, and if there are players with that ability in the seventh tier (?)of the English game, then maybe we shouldn't dismiss players from the old third and fourth divisions down there.

An obviously exciting footballer who looks like a cracking player at this level. Very much doubt he’s a flash in the pan. His pace alone makes him a massive weapon.

The lad was a standout on Saturday without a doubt, he was waltzing past Hibs players like they weren't there at times. It would be daft to consider signing anybody on the strength of one performance, but there's certainly no harm in keeping tabs on him between now and the end of the season … especially if he will be out of contract then as some folk have suggested.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    An obviously exciting footballer who looks like a cracking player at this level. Very much doubt he’s a flash in the pan. His pace alone makes him a massive weapon.
    I've was told he's a decent lad, i'm shocked to hear that.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I've was told he's a decent lad, i'm shocked to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Don't know why Hughio is getting such a hard time on here to be honest. Only made point he thought the Hamilton player had a good game and is worth keeping an eye on with a view to a possible signing in the near future. For what it's worth so do I. Thought he had a good game and if wasn't a one off, well worth keeping tabs on him.
    Still scoring goals, hope Hibs are interested. Contract up at end of season.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Just watching sportscene and it was a great cross for accies goal. I know its just highlights but I'd from the bits I've seen of Miller I think he'd be worth a gamble, similar to Boyle (the situation not the players themselves).

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Mickel Miller, Wasn't he a famous racing greyhound?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Mickel Miller, Wasn't he a famous racing greyhound?

I thought he was the guy who looked a bit like Hulk Hogan after a really long weekend on the lash?