hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Love to see what he writes when we stuff Celtic in the cup!

2. Log in to remove the advert

What I've read of Leckie I don't mind and usually I agree with him. I don't think there is bias in his reporting and therefore he usually delivers a decent article.
    There's nothing in that piece that makes me change my mind.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doh Rae Me View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What I've read of Leckie I don't mind and usually I agree with him. I don't think there is bias in his reporting and therefore he usually delivers a decent article.
    Do you think that when Leeann Dempster says that they want Hibs to be challenging at the top end of the table, playing in Europe, and getting to cup finals, that she's misleading us because she really wants mid table mediocrity?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    There wasn’t 16k in the ground, not a chance.

I still find it an odd article and one that can only be written with an agenda to talk Lennon up. All his mates in the media obviously haven’t seen many Hibs games in the last four months.
    It was a bit strange. Bill Leckie is normally pretty complimentary but that article could have been penned by some of the posters on here who’ve repeatedly questioned the Board following NLs departure.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    That article marks Leckie out as what he is - an apologist for the two sectarian glasgow clubs who cant hide his delight at sticking the boot in elsewhere.

He cant get past the fact that Hibs didnt publicise what happened with Lennon and is doing the usual bully boy journo tactic of "making it up as he goes along" in the hope that someone reacts. He is looking for a response, because he hates the fact that we dont just give him what he wants.

Its laughable.

Plus, lets remember, he works for the Sun - a paper that no football fan should read or click thru after their behaviour post Hillsborough.

The stuff put out by blogs or independent news sources these days is far superior to the garbage the likes of him and Keith Jackson produce.

I look forward to their articles castigating Celtic for the pitch invasion yesterday...........................

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    "Was it the striker’s goal or the winger’s? Kamberi claimed it. I reckon he was at it"

What an earth does Leckie mean by saying he thought Kamberi was at it. It seems like he's calling him a liar.

Horrible article from a **** of the earth rag.

Left by mutual consent!
    Its clearly a long winded rant aimed at noising up our club and supporters.

I for one am very happy for our club to be stabilised and improvement made behind the scenes quietly and effectively absent of the drama being ratcheted up by those with other agendas.

Delighted to win 2-0 against Hamilton at home. Job done with all three points in the bag.

The icing on the cake was the yams being beaten especially given the last minute howler from their keeper

Onwards and Upwards.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Last edited by Tornadoes70; 18-02-2019 at 11:08 AM.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    He's right, lucky if there was 11k at the game.
    Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Do you think that when Leeann Dempster says that they want Hibs to be challenging at the top end of the table, playing in Europe, and getting to cup finals, that she's misleading us because she really wants mid table mediocrity?
    I demand mediocrity. It's the only thing that supports the Ponzi scheme. Where's my ritalin nurse.

No danger there was 16k, that would mean every seat would need to be occupied in all 3 home stands as the South holds just under 4,000 fans. There was about 100 Hamilton fans. Lucky if there was 200 home fans in the South as well.

16k tickets sold maybe, 16k in the ground no way.
    So was there, as you said, less than 11,000 at the game?

Left by mutual consent!
    It was clearly a tongue in cheek remark, but he didn't "rip in" to anyone.

Your post is actually more pointed than his.

There have been loads of posts wrongly saying that the board lacks ambition and repeating the nonsense that it was Lennon's desire for success which really was behind his departure.

There have been loads of folk saying that they were embarrassed by the way Hibs got rid of Lennon and there have been loads of folk saying that the game on Saturday was dull.

It's a message board. When people express opinions they have to expect that some people may disagree and criticise.

It's not "ripping in". It's discussion.
    Sorry, I didn't notice the "tongue in cheek" patter.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Heckingbottom bad, Kamberi bad, Hibs fans want Lennon back because I said so!

Pretty much the article.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post
    The guy writes for the sun everyone! Along with the daily record (remember there take on 2016) no one should buy the rag or click on their articles
    Kenny Millar.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Sorry, I didn't notice the "tongue in cheek" patter.
    I thought the part where he said that Bill Leckie might be a Hibby was a bit of a giveaway, but obviously not.

You must agree, however, that a lot of what Leckie said has appeared on this forum in one form or another so even though the poster wasn't being entirely serious, there was an element of truth in his remark.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Lennon was good value for journalists.
    Therein lies the rub. Journos are willing to create fake news in ignoring how turgid some of Hibs games have been this season as their ability to get cheap copy is way more important than facts.

What a crock of *****. High school stuff, easy and lazy statements throughout.

Has all the credentials to make him a strong candidate for the next Rangers Statement writer.

Left by mutual consent!
    He has no more valid a point than anyone else but he has a large microphone and I have a tin cup on a string. These are his opinions and they are out there pure and simply because of his position and nothing else. The only people this would concern is hibs fans nobody else is arsed and i do not think any hibs fans are actually that bothered what he thinks. If he had a ST at hibs then yes but i do not believe he does.

The only thing the paper has a use for is wrapping up chips.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    No danger there was 16k, that would mean every seat would need to be occupied in all 3 home stands as the South holds just under 4,000 fans. There was about 100 Hamilton fans. Lucky if there was 200 home fans in the South as well.

16k tickets sold maybe, 16k in the ground no way.
    Does it matter if there was a 11k 16k or 1k, clubs have been doing this for ages, counting tickets sold rather than bums through the turnstiles, why is Leckie pulling Hibs up for it, I normally don't mind Leckies stuff but this is a pile of s***e from him, it's as if these reporters have forgot how nasty a person Lennon has been in his career, assaulting team mates as a player and wanting to take on the world as a manager, but yeah it's all Hibs fault and and we are soft as s**t, poor stuff from BL.

@hibs.net private member
    Leckie has been a fairly consistent champion of the smaller clubs (he is a Buddie) over the years and written some clever, insightful articles. However, as the relevance of the newspaper has shrunk due to the internet, he like many others has had to revert to the "gutter press" lurid headlines and "sensational revelations" in order get anything published."
    I went right off him when, after years of intelligent journalism, he wrote an article condemning the "arrogant English FA officials who had the affrontary to provisionally book hotels, flights and training facilities right through to the end of a WC tournament as if they expected to go all the way to the final. How he got this printed I really don't know as all the countries involved (including Scotland) have done and still do the very same thing. It is called forward planning and as a sports writer he would surely have known this but was just looking for a quick win with the ABE brigade. So, for me, he left his credibilty and his integrity behind when he put his name to that crock.

Like all the other journos I think he has the humpf because he can't get any inside info on Lennongate.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    He has no more valid a point than anyone else but he has a large microphone and I have a tin cup on a string. These are his opinions and they are out there pure and simply because of his position and nothing else. The only people this would concern is hibs fans nobody else is arsed and i do not think any hibs fans are actually that bothered what he thinks. If he had a ST at hibs then yes but i do not believe he does.

The only thing the paper has a use for is wrapping up chips.
    Or wiping your a**e

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought the part where he said that Bill Leckie might be a Hibby was a bit of a giveaway, but obviously not.

You must agree, however, that a lot of what Leckie said has appeared on this forum in one form or another so even though the poster wasn't being entirely serious, there was an element of truth in his remark.
    I thought that was a sarcastic dig at moaners.

I do agree with the other part

I'm with you on Leckie, he's written some decent stuff about us in the past. However that article is utter tripe, just another journo making things up and giving hibs a press kicking.
    The press are pissed off that they didn't get all the facts on Lennongate.

Blog Entries
    Why would any club announce a bigger attendance than was actually there? They would have to pay more VAT and Income Tax.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Why would any club announce a bigger attendance than was actually there? They would have to pay more VAT and Income Tax.
    They wouldn't.

They pay VAT on actual income.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Does it matter if there was a 11k 16k or 1k, clubs have been doing this for ages, counting tickets sold rather than bums through the turnstiles, why is Leckie pulling Hibs up for it, I normally don't mind Leckies stuff but this is a pile of s***e from him, it's as if these reporters have forgot how nasty a person Lennon has been in his career, assaulting team mates as a player and wanting to take on the world as a manager, but yeah it's all Hibs fault and and we are soft as s**t, poor stuff from BL.
    Agreed - I kinda wouldnt mind him having a pop at the club if he also mentioned that some of the issues were probably rightly laid at the door of the previous manager.

An imbalanced article that almost every Hibby would disagree with - however, as I said earlier he isnt writing this with us in mind. His audience and readership is 90% Sevco/Celtc.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    I'm with you on Leckie, he's written some decent stuff about us in the past. However that article is utter tripe, just another journo making things up and giving hibs a press kicking.
    The press are pissed off that they didn't get all the facts on Lennongate.
    We've had good players have bad games for us in the past.

Leckie's ok and tends to be balanced about us, but that article really is a load of rubbish. That's not from a Hibs supporter being unable to take a few home truths, it is an honest appraisal of an article that totally misses the point.

It can probably be put down to an experienced journalist knowing his audience, and his audience is not the Hibs support. It will be to cozy up to the Celtic support who have always been very fond of Lennon and will be happy to buy this rubbish about "one of their own" being mistreated.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    I'm now like many others wondering what your negative agenda is with Hibs. For someone that makes himself out to be some kind of uber fan, you don't half like having a pop in any other given chance.
    He needs to get out for his hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    Or wiping your a**e
    I still bear the scars from having to unblock a toilet in a Dundee student flat during the "1997 Bog Roll stand-off" and would really like to make the point that newspaper shouldn't be used for arsewiping for any length of time either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    So was there, as you said, less than 11,000 at the game?
    Watching on hibs tv it looked like east was about 90% full and north about the same which is more than usual. Coukdntvseecwest butvassuming abount he same 90% of 16k is about 14.5k plus around 350 in the south. So maybe 15k was closer to actual attendance