hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My take on this thread. Hibs announced tickets sold which is fair enough. Bill Leckie is hurting at Hibs lack of engagement with the press (good on Hibs). Kamberi didn't touch the ball at the first goal (he is at it). And finally....a Hibs player turned up at training today with hickies.......have fun guessing who it was lol.
    BT showed an angle from behind the goals and kamberi got a clear touch which changed the direction of the ball.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Bill Leckie etc do not have a season book and do not pay at the gate to watch Hibs. They are lucky enough to have a job with a "newspaper" his opinion holds less weight than every poster on here. I am more than happy to discuss Hibs with fans of other clubs who are genuine in their views and not putting their own slant.

I am in Glasgow and after we play either Sevco or Celtic I am quite happy to take on board my friends views who hold STs with both clubs opinion on what they thought of Hibs. Some of our Jambo friends who post on here are views I would rather read.

Kamberi is at it? Why is he so interested in him? Kamberi scored the goal get it up ye. I am just getting the vibe these pr1cks are desperate for Hibs to fail.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 18-02-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Watching on hibs tv it looked like east was about 90% full and north about the same which is more than usual. Coukdntvseecwest butvassuming abount he same 90% of 16k is about 14.5k plus around 350 in the south. So maybe 15k was closer to actual attendance

There really wasn't, sadly. I reckon there was between 12-13k actually there.

However, that's nothing new for this season and Leckie was just using it as a rod to beat the club's back with.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

However, that's nothing new for this season and Leckie was just using it as a rod to beat the club's back with.
    I don’t believe you could have fit another 8-9000 folk in on Saturday

So what? We sold over 16k and that's what matters. There was more than 12-13k there in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    I don’t believe you could have fit another 8-9000 folk in on Saturday

It would be 7-8,000, and I think you could.

I have some photos I took during the game of the East, South and FF but having trouble uploading them.

I'll try again...

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Wasn’t that the first game without McGinn? He was playing at a different level this season and his performances in Europe and Motherwell at home covered a lot of our deficiencies, which became clearer as the the season went on IMO
    There had been little-to-no negativity around Easter Road until that Molde game, and then came a run of draws and defeats that meant we went into the international break with 5 points from a possible 12. Combine that with fans feeling we weren't doing enough in the transfer market and you can see exactly where things went wrong. Failure to break down/beat Molde that night may have cost us big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    So what? We sold over 16k and that's what matters. There was more than 12-13k there in my opinion.

Calm doon, I wasn't attacking anybody except Leckie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Yip, we are the nasty team who robbed the the Rangers of there 1st cup win, and then we had the cheek to not sell one of our players to Celtc, to both set of fans we are the most hated club in Scotland at present for these deeds, to not even mention that Lennon had us in the bottom 6 when he left and playing s**t football is poor from Leckie, you would have thought he would have turned his attention to the awful scenes at Rugby Park, where allegations of Celtc fans invading the pitch and allegedly assaulting Killie players, missiles thrown at a Killie player and damage caused to the stadium by Celtc supporters would have been the story of the weekend, but no, poor turn out at ER allegedly and the atmosphere wasn't the best and another chance to put the boot in to our club and we were wrong to get rid of the winner that is Neil Lennon.
    Great post! I've always liked Leckie but this article is a heap of steaming ordure. He contrasts the difference between the last home game vs Hamilton to this one but neglects to point out that in this almost half season we have won 4 league games, 50% of which have come since NL has gone. His singling out of Kamberi is significant, it fits with the current agenda being peddled. John James, yes I know, states that Kamberi was a poor role model for the younger players, conveniently ignoring the fact that Kamberi is one of the younger players! I don't want to go down the route of being critical of a former manager who brought us a degree of success. There's no doubt however that some of NL's selections, tactics & press statements were increasingly bizarre in recent months. I wish him well but I honestly doubt if he'll ever again get a managerial job of comparable status to that at ER.

The last few times I've been at ER I'd have been surprised if the crowd broke 5 figures, including Saturday.

Pish away support and a smattering of home fans in the home end of the South, so there is one end gone. Huge spaces in the FF and West stands. I'm on the halfway line near the back of the East and there were plenty of spaces around me (possibly amongst the most in-demand seats in the house?).

I can't believe folk are taking issue with this.

There weren't many more in there imo than when we were getting 8000 or so in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Maybe he phoned someone else after you and went with their quote 😉
    Nah, there really wasn't anyone else to phone. 😋

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Bill Leckie is a hack. Not worth bothering about.
    I like BL but that is a tired desperate article.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    No danger there was 16k, that would mean every seat would need to be occupied in all 3 home stands as the South holds just under 4,000 fans. There was about 100 Hamilton fans. Lucky if there was 200 home fans in the South as well.

16k tickets sold maybe, 16k in the ground no way.
    For the umpteenth time, Hibs report ticket sales not people going through the turnstiles.

There is not much that can be done if people buy season tickets and fail to attend.

Well there may be, if action was taken about the 'phantom' season ticket holder in the FF Lower Stand.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    The last few times I've been at ER I'd have been surprised if the crowd broke 5 figures, including Saturday.

Pish away support and a smattering of home fans in the home end of the South, so there is one end gone. Huge spaces in the FF and West stands. I'm on the halfway line near the back of the East and there were plenty of spaces around me (possibly amongst the most in-demand seats in the house?).

I can't believe folk are taking issue with this.

There weren't many more in there imo than when we were getting 8000 or so in the Championship.
    We had over 9,000 vs Raith the week before. The crowd on Sat was significantly higher. It wasn't 16,000 but it was closer to that number than it was to 8,000.

I don't know if this is high enough resolution to make out but...

That was the East Stand 22 minutes into the first half, i.e. everybody should be in by now and before the rush for half time coffee

ER_At_3_22.jpg

EDIT: Nah, can't really make it out...

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I don't know if this is high enough resolution to make out but...

That was the East Stand 22 minutes into the first half, i.e. everybody sohuld be in by now and before the rush for half time coffee

ER_At_3_22.jpg
    Pity you didn’t put your flash on😜

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Pity you didn’t put your flash on😜

You can get done for that!

Anyway of finding out the actual attendance?

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    The line about us apparently feeling that the Scottish Cup win may as well not have happened is both pitifully ill informed, and an incredible overreaction to Lennon’s departure.

In a football context, it’s up there with the most stupid things I’ve ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Anyway of finding out the actual attendance?

Dunno bud. I expect the club have the exact numbers but they never seem to release them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    He's right, lucky if there was 11k at the game.
    That is a pure crock of sheight and you know it.

The crowd was decent - as you would expect with a new manager on show. We all know that Hibs have followed the lead of other clubs in reporting tickets sold rather than counting clicks through the turnstile - but if I'm any judge there would have been about 15K there on Sat - a bloody good crowd for a home game to Hamilton.

Leckie is a journo I have enjoyed in the past but this just stinks of a desperate hack scraping around for a story in the gutter - piecing together shards of half truths to come up with a line in fantasy which blatantly seeks to stir up controversy rather than to inform. Maybe all these years at the Sun have lead to him equalising his standards to his surroundings?

Is it just me, or do these writers only put their stories out, in hope they get a mention on here:-)

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Is it just me, or do these writers only put their stories out, in hope they get a mention on here:-)
    I didn't know that you put stories out at all, never mind in the hope that they're picked up by hibs.net.

Wouldn't it be more straightforward just to start a thread?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    I don't read the sun and I only read this piece because a link was posted on twitter by a Hibby. I expected to read it thinking the guy was making some sensationalist dig at Hibs. However aside from exaggerating how overstated the crowd was, there wasn't too much I disagreed with in the article. Lennon noises people up. He didn't always get things right, no manager does. However he has a desire to win and not accept mediocrity from his team. While he was there, I had faith at someone at the club had ambition. I don't get that vibe from Paul Heckingbottom but here's hoping he just keeps it all out of the public eye and just has a more measured way of going about his business. Time will tell.

Left by mutual consent!
    ^^we won 2 in 12 under Lennon and where a shambles. What a will to win. He lost that the end of last season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    ^^we won 2 in 12 under Lennon and where a shambles. What a will to win. He lost that the end of last season.
    I'm pretty sure if you cherrypicked a 12 game run of any Hibs manager , you'd be able to find a run like that in their record. Victim of his own success last season that had everyone expecting challenging in the top 4 at a minimum, without taking into account we lost an entire midfield and have had horrendous injuries.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    So, what about the hickies then?

Are we guessing who HAD them, or who GAVE them?

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you cherrypicked a 12 game run of any Hibs manager , you'd be able to find a run like that in their record. Victim of his own success last season that had everyone expecting challenging in the top 4 at a minimum, without taking into account we lost an entire midfield and have had horrendous injuries.
    No, I would’ve been perfectly content with us sitting in 6th and loooking like we were playing well without getting results. Even in 8th, I was happy to give Lennon until May to turn things around. What cost it for him was his beratement ot his squad (both in public and, one can assume, in private). At the same time, he took almost no responsibility for the horrendous tactics against some truly bottom six dross (2-2 draws at home to Dundee and St Mirren stick out most).

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    So, what about the hickies then?

Are we guessing who HAD them, or who GAVE them?
    My money's on Mallan, he was all posting to his Instagram that he was out with his other half, so that's who I'm betting on.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    5 pages is surprising when none of you read “that rag”.