hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes the crowd seemed subdued but it was mainly due to being curious as to what we were expecting from a new manager. It was obvious he's not had too long to work with them but the 1st thing I noticed was the team had a good solid shape in attack and more particularly in defence. We defended with 2 solid lines of 4 with the strikers chasing down from the front and it made us harder to break down. We've been vemoaingthe fact for long enough that we chopped and changed every week, with the players looking uncertain as to their jobs on the pitch, someone else posted that Heckers was constantly talking to players on the sidelines during breaks in play, onwards and upwards.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I feel much the same as the OP

Lennon really lost me after the May 2018 Tynecastle game, where he picked a strange team (leaving McLaren & McGeough out), then he hung McGeough out to dry publicly ("Dylan's leaving"...when Dylan was still contemplating an offer from Hibs), then he went into his meltdown and into hiding for a few days, saying he might not hang around at ER. Gee thanks, your majesty...

When someone (especially the public face of the club) says they don't want to be there, you can't expect anything other than a dip from the players (in my opinion). That's why you never got Fergie or Wenger naming the date they'd leave, as the minute the boss ain't the long term boss, there's an impact on the park and it's not a good one.

So, I'm glad Lennon has ended what he began in Gorgie in May 2018 (ie his departure from Easter Road).
    I wish him well.
    But I wish Hibs better.

Here's to the new era, may it be better than the old era...

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I overheard one guy after the match complaining that ‘not much different from a Lennon performance’. FFS the guy had been in the door 5 minutes and taken one training session lol.
    As for the utter fannies at the back of section 43 trying to start ‘1 Neil Lennon’ as PH was being introduced to the crowd, just **** off!
    Yep, absolute tits, same fuds who were giving scott Allan abuse for being a “hun” when he came back last season.

Can imagine it’ll cause trouble at some point if it continues

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Yep, absolute tits, same fuds who were giving scott Allan abuse for being a “hun” when he came back last season.

Knowing the characters you're on about, that's probably exactly what they want.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    Lack of atmosphere
    Never 16000 there and the board must be concerned re season ticket sales

If we don’t turn up for a new managers first game when will we??

I have been supporting Hibs since the mid fifties and have never experienced a significant attendance increase for a new managers debut at ER. Increased attendance is dependant on team performance,not to view a complete stranger sitting in the dugout.

@hibs.net private member
    Lack of atmosphere

Aye a few wins and run of form, same as we always do.

Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    I'm sure it was the same two idiots at the recent game at Parkhead.
    It was , along with a couple others. Weird Cos I’ve sat up there for 4 seasons now and first saw the guy that was causing issues at CP at the home Aberdeen game, I thought he was an Aberdeen fan. Now I’ve seen him every week since and can honestly I’ve never disliked a man I’ve never met as much in my life

Matter of time until these clowns annoy the wrong person and it'll end in tears.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post

Lennon really lost me after the May 2018 Tynecastle game, where he picked a strange team (leaving McLaren & McGeough out), then he hung McGeough out to dry publicly ("Dylan's leaving"...when Dylan was still contemplating an offer from Hibs), then he went into his meltdown and into hiding for a few days, saying he might not hang around at ER. Gee thanks, your majesty...

When someone (especially the public face of the club) says they don't want to be there, you can't expect anything other than a dip from the players (in my opinion). That's why you never got Fergie or Wenger naming the date they'd leave, as the minute the boss ain't the long term boss, there's an impact on the park and it's not a good one.

So, I'm glad Lennon has ended what he began in Gorgie in May 2018 (ie his departure from Easter Road).
    I wish him well.
    But I wish Hibs better.

Fergie did announce his retirement and the team stopped trying. He retracted it and form picked up. I am handing in my retirement notice on Wednesday with the minimum period of notice. Will be on here a lot more!

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    1. When Hibs win consistently, crowds pick up, regardless of manager.

2. When there’s something to play for, crowds pick up, even if that something is bad. Fenlon versus the pars to avoid relegation post Calderwood for example.

3. We were playing badly and slipping down the table with a manager who by his own admission was mentally unwell at times.

4. We won on Saturday and played well.

Please can Hernit Crab show me where the problem is.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post

I wish him well.
    But I wish Hibs better.

Agree May 2018 at Tiny was the beginning of the end for me

Crazy team selections weird formations and tactics constant rotation of players in positions foreign to them publicly calling out players irrational behaviour threatening to leave etc etc

Speaking to people on Saturday reading between the lines the general consensus seemed to be relief that it is all over time to move on

Onwards and upwards

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Matter of time until these clowns annoy the wrong person and it'll end in tears.
    Im a few rows down from them in 43, bunch of fannys. Couldn't believe it when they started chanting 'One Neil Lennon' on Saturday, embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Im a few rows down from them in 43, bunch of fannys. Couldn't believe it when they started chanting 'One Neil Lennon' on Saturday, embarrassing.
    I'm not far away away from you mate. Embarrassing is the perfect description.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I felt the match was mostly awful and while we were good in flashes we weren't brilliant and I can understand why the atmosphere was flat.
    I watched the game on hibs tv and enjoyed it albeit it fizzled out towards the end after the game was won. Football is a team sport and for the first time in a long time it felt like the team was cohesive and everyone knew what they were meant to be doing rather than just being a bunch of individuals

Definitely, I'm in the process of moving my Season Ticket seat over to Section 43.

They p1ssed me off big time at Darkheid and it's time to let them know what we think of them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    I'm not far away away from you mate. Embarrassing is the perfect description.
    Can we do away with the negativity and show some appreciation for the lad that sings at the top of his voice sounding like Edith from Still Game?

A modern day Hibernian legend

Alan ‘biscuits’ Preston keeps going on about Hibs fans not happy, season tickets will drop significantly and there will be chants of Only One Neil Lennon.....

The media have it in for us as they loved Lenny.

Results and performance will turn that around very very quickly.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Alan ‘biscuits’ Preston keeps going on about Hibs fans not happy, season tickets will drop significantly and there will be chants of Only One Neil Lennon.....

Is he not a Hibee mouthpiece for his best mate Kano?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Some dont so much love Lenny as hate Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Can we do away with the negativity and show some appreciation for the lad that sings at the top of his voice sounding like Edith from Still Game?

A modern day Hibernian legend
    That was hilarious.... 🤣

The rest are still embarrassing though.

Exactly.
    What the media want at all times is copy. Neil Lennon is copy on legs. So now he's gone the media are annoyed at Hibs in general. It'll pass once Heck puts his own stamp on things.
    Hopefully, Lennon will get a job soon and then some other club's fans will have to put up with it all.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Easily 16000 there on Saturday.

Lack of atmosphere

Agree.
    Had lunch today with a customer and Leeds fan of 50 years. Basically said Hecky was pretty useless and players did not take to him. Lets hope he is more suited to the Hibs. Leeds being a basket case at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Easily 16000 there on Saturday.
    Aye ok but you’re wrong mate.

Lucky if there was 13-14k

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    I overheard one guy after the match complaining that ‘not much different from a Lennon performance’. FFS the guy had been in the door 5 minutes and taken one training session lol.
    As for the utter fannies at the back of section 43 trying to start ‘1 Neil Lennon’ as PH was being introduced to the crowd, just **** off!
    Some hibs fans are just pure areasholrs. Can't recall Hibbies doing similar when Pat Stanton was shown the door (who will always be a TRUE Hibs god, unlike NL!)

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Aye ok but you’re wrong mate.

Lucky if there was 13-14k
    Saturdays attendance was higher than the equivalent fixture versus Hamilton last season.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    How is he doing so far guys?

Two games two victories

The players certainly seem to be playing with renewed confidence and seem to be better organised

The offside trap certainly works as they are in and out in a straight line

Kamberi looks as though a weight has been lifted from his shoulders

Still early days and a real test coming up versus St Johnstone and then Celtic in the Cup

Onwards and upwards