hibs.net Messageboard

Hibs back down to eighth

After reaching the giddy heights of seventh place for 24 hours, Hearts conspired to lose at Fir Park, meaning a drop straight back down to eighth.

Their obsession with us seems to have no bounds!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After reaching the giddy heights of seventh place for 24 hours, Hearts conspired to lose at Fir Park, meaning a drop straight back down to eighth.

Don’t forget that 95% of folk on here are delighted to be back down to eighth.

It was worth it to drop a place today. Moments like that winner- you can’t put a price on.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040

When did Hearts sign Zibi?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    That's where we belong...

Don't know why people get worked up about it!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    It was worth it to drop a place today. Moments like that winner- you can’t put a price on.
    Hardly, This means Motherwell run is now 5 games?
    They are getting up some momentum just now, and results like that will give them even more!!!

If Hibs could do with Hearts getting a point at Aberdeen if we're after Europe or better, then by all means I'll be quite supportive of Naismith's rabid nutcase stylings.

I'm not that up for craving favours off Hearts to hold on to seventh place.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    They are getting up some momentum just now, and results like that will give them even more!!!
    Yet some folk just don’t see the significance. A moment’s pleasure but a longer term hurdle.

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    If we get top 6 because everyone else is crap we wouldn't be doing ourselves any favours. If we get it because we are improving and we rediscover that steel and perform in the crucial games then that is more like it.

If we improve and are performing well then I will be happy. If we beat Dundee and win in Perth then we are doing all we can. If we get those results but Motherwell also find results against Killie and Celtic then fair play to them.

Improvement and winning is important. Let's just do that and see where it takes us.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Not overly bothered. Look at Motherwells next 2 games - Celtic away & Kilmarnock away

Very likely they will get 0 points and we'll at least get a point against Dundee.

A lot of folk are writing off our chances of being above Hearts again this season. Theres only 8 points in it! I'm not writing anything off just yet. They are pretty pish especially away from home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    If we get top 6 because everyone else is crap we wouldn't be doing ourselves any favours. If we get it because we are improving and we rediscover that steel and perform in the crucial games then that is more like it.

If we improve and are performing well then I will be happy. If we beat Dundee and win in Perth then we are doing all we can. If we get those results but Motherwell also find results against Killie and Celtic then fair play to them.

Improvement and winning is important. Let's just do that and see where it takes us.
    I just can’t agree with your logic. The position in the league we attain is more important than the manner we achieve it. For starts, a top six finish gives us 5 games against better opposition and bigger crowds and more money. Secondly, the higher we finish the more we get in prize money. I’ll be delighted if our nearest opponents don’t perform and let us climb ahead. To hell with altruism.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Not overly bothered. Look at Motherwells next 2 games - Celtic away & Kilmarnock away

Very likely they will get 0 points and we'll at least get a point against Dundee.

A lot of folk are writing off our chances of being above Hearts again this season. Theres only 8 points in it! I'm not writing anything off just yet. They are pretty pish especially away from home.
    Except for Leith San Siro
    We're no very clever ourselves away fi hame

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    That's where we belong...

Don't know why people get worked up about it!

Yeah, let's not get ideas above our station. What's that old saying, no better than we ought to be.

We can only win our own games. 3 points and a shutout is all that matters for us. If we keep doing that, what Motherwell and St J's do won't matter.

I just can’t agree with your logic. The position in the league we attain is more important than the manner we achieve it. For starts, a top six finish gives us 5 games against better opposition and bigger crowds and more money. Secondly, the higher we finish the more we get in prize money. I’ll be delighted if our nearest opponents don’t perform and let us climb ahead. To hell with altruism.
    Position in the league is a short term measure. It is a few extra quid.

We've got a new manager trying to get his ideas across. That that happens successfully is important for the longer term. Improve and see where we go.

I can't agree with you. It's all about hibs results for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Position in the league is a short term measure. It is a few extra quid.

We've got a new manager trying to get his ideas across. That that happens successfully is important for the longer term. Improve and see where we go.

I can't agree with you. It's all about hibs results for me.
    I think we’re talking at cross purposes here. I agree it’s all about Hibs results, but I don’t agree that we accept our lot because others have performed better. I just want them to perform poorly to let us draw ahead.

Testimonial Due
    I think we’re talking at cross purposes here. I agree it’s all about Hibs results, but I don’t agree that we accept our lot because others have performed better. I just want them to perform poorly to let us draw ahead.
    That's all its all about, but our next game against Dundee, they are now on 3 wins in a row!
    We could do with them falling on Friday!
    We have a good run of games for Heckingbottom to bed in with 2 games against bottom clubs.
    I think we will need at least 15 points from the last 21 to secure top 6, but other clubs need to have a really bad run!!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Losing to Motherwell in that gutless performance looks to have knackered the season completely unfortunately. New manager HC with new ideas and massive spark of optimism but top six from being in contention for second last year will be tough and a crap season.

Roll on next.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    I cant get my head around anybody not wanting a motherwell win . Forget the fact that its Hearts and i want them to lose any game they play in and focus on the fact that it brings the middle of the league tighter. If we do manage to put some form together then 5th is achievable imo . Results went in our favour this weekend and we should be looking at top six and pushing for 5th spot. Dont get folk having a semi because motherwell have gone above us by a point

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    I cant get my head around anybody not wanting a motherwell win . Forget the fact that its Hearts and i want them to lose any game they play in and focus on the fact that it brings the middle of the league tighter. If we do manage to put some form together then 5th is achievable imo . Results went in our favour this weekend and we should be looking at top six and pushing for 5th spot. Dont get folk having a semi because motherwell have gone above us by a point

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Precisely.

Motherwell are in our hands. We still have to play them at ER where we’ll most likely beat them. They also have harder fixtures overall.

A wee run and the Jambos could be in our sights still.... we can at least get close.

That goal was hilarious. The thought of Levein and all the Hearts fans being sick to their stomachs is fantastic. I thought once they had all their ‘stars’ back they’d be almost unbeatable ....