hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think it's exciting, it's not where I'd want us to be by a long shot but I will allow myself to be excited about it - why not? We've got a low number of games to get enough points to put us in the top six. I want us to do better once we're there but what's the point in going to football if you can't get excited about the times where a target (whatever it is) is on the line?

As for the season tickets, they won't be sold on the position we finish but on how we get there. If we fall short of a good finish but do it with good results, good football and a bit of swagger then I think that sells itself.

I think 4th is already beyond us, to get there we'd need to overhaul one of Aberdeen, Killie, Celtc, or Rangers. I think the gap's already too great to do that.

We could get 5th, though, and given the season we've had I think that would be ok.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A few more quid for league position

A few more quid for crowds v Hearts and Celtic rather than Livi and Dundee

A few more quid from the perception of top 6 being more credible to those who buy STs based on likely performance next year.

I'm not sure exactly what it would be worth - but probably a couple of players wages for next year at least.

I also like the split as a concept.
    Yes, fair points.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I get what people are saying about it not being exciting. Certainly not on the back of last season. But let’s face it, in the last 10 years or so how many times have we actually managed to finish top six?

I won’t be celebrating it as a major achievement but it’s a new era and it’s important we see some early signs of progress. It’s not Heckingbottom’s fault he inherited a team in a crap position after all.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    The attendance of our 2nd home match against Hamilton last season in the middle of our winning streak was only 15,818.
    It was a wednesday night though.

Left by mutual consent!
    We're 5/2 on Bet Victor to finish top six

As someone has alluded to our record of actually finishing the top 6 is pretty dreadful and in particular, securing back to back top 6 finishes.

Finishing 6th would be nothing to write home about, but given our incredible lack of consistency in actually making the top 6 I think it’s important that it’s done. I think it would help steady season ticket sales as well which could take a hit if the season ends in bottom 6 damp squib.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibshibshibs1 View Post
    Decent price.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by hibshibshibs1 View Post
    Pretty short.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by MackTheKnife View Post
    Pretty short.
    Price you get ?

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Price you get ?
    It was a joke.

Look at what I highlighted in bold lettering.

You'll get it then.

Let's be honest it's not where anyone wanted to be.

However we have games v Motherwell and St Johnstone which could potentially be huge. Add to that the more points we rack up the more we keep an outside interest of Europe should we make the top 6. It's also a chance to see where we are and where we are going moving forward.

It's been a disappointing season but there's still an element of excitment in the coming weeks.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    If we get enough points to guarantee top 6 then I wouldn't say we've no chance at top 4. It would require some run but we've done it before. Once we're in the top 6 we just need to beat the guys ahead of us and hope that Celtic take points off everyone. Aside from that most of the other results should give us some sort of benefit on catching those ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    The attendance of our 2nd home match against Hamilton last season in the middle of our winning streak was only 15,818.
    those figures look pretty impressive in relevant terms, imho. If you looked back 10 years, or more those are not bad attendances for that fixture. However, I am not interested in scraping in to the top 6 anymore! we are, and should act like a big club in Scottish football terms, thereby not being in a struggle for that league position. we have taken great strides in recent years as a club, and yet find ourselves in some sort of limbo again. we must win on Friday and not settle for a creditable draw.