hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dylan McGeough

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s been discussed many times. At the time, when Dylan was offered a new deal and when he left to name a few. It happened, Lenny (who I grew to love) is/was not beyond criticism.
    Discussing it many times doesn't make it true. In the week that our CE was critical of the speculation frenzy let's not add to it.

Lennon did say at an AGM that he thought Dylan was playing more frequently as he was in the final year of his contract. But it was said in a jokey way; let's not turn it round that Dylan left because of that or other comments. The main reason he left was to make more money.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Not really well known though is it? Knew all this chat would start after Lennon left.
    Is the chat not true?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Lennon did say at an AGM that he thought Dylan was playing more frequently as he was in the final year of his contract. But it was said in a jokey way; let's not turn it round that Dylan left because of that or other comments. The main reason he left was to make more money.
    Imagine the manager even thinking that it was a good idea to say that in public.

I bet Dylan couldn't stop laughing.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Incidentally, there were plenty of folk questioning McGeough’s mental resilience when he was injured semi-regularly. I could be wrong but I seem to recall at least one person contributing to this thread reporting that it was a common opinion amongst the coaching and physio staff at the time.

Maybe Lennon, as the Head Coach, was the one tasked with telling him about those opinions?
    Good point.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Incidentally, there were plenty of folk questioning McGeough’s mental resilience when he was injured semi-regularly. I could be wrong but I seem to recall at least one person contributing to this thread reporting that it was a common opinion amongst the coaching and physio staff at the time.

Maybe Lennon, as the Head Coach, was the one tasked with telling him about those opinions?
    Might have been me?

I heard it direct from someone on the physio staff at the time that "its all in his head", cant say if it was widespread opinion but Lennon seemed to have bought into the theory.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Discussing it many times doesn't make it true. In the week that our CE was critical of the speculation frenzy let's not add to it.

I’m sorry but it absolutely did happen, not speculation. Lenny publicly stated in the press that he felt Dylan’s injuries may be at least partially in his head. He also publicly stated that he could leave if he found another club the summer before he did leave. As it turned out, Dylan went on to have an almost unjury free season, winning many player if the year awards, thus making Lenny’s comments look a bit silly. As I said earlier, I’m a big Lenny fan but his handling of Dylan was poor.

Testimonial Due
    I’m sorry but it absolutely did happen, not speculation. Lenny publicly stated in the press that he felt Dylan’s injuries may be at least partially in his head. He also publicly stated that he could leave if he found another club the summer before he did leave. As it turned out, Dylan went on to have an almost unjury free season, winning many player if the year awards, thus making Lenny’s comments look a bit silly. As I said earlier, I’m a big Lenny fan but his handling of Dylan was poor.
    As with so many other matters. Glad he is gone. Can't handle failure and looks to blame others. Surprising comment from Lennon given his own mental health situation.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    As with so many other matters. Glad he is gone. Can't handle failure and looks to blame others. Surprising comment from Lennon given his own mental health situation.
    ..he certainly handled Dylan wrongly - although that is easy to reflect on in hindsight ..

Posts like this are part of a seemingly
    Popular Hibby hobby now of re-writing history and revelling in it . I think we will see Lennon soon blamed for Brexit and the breakdown of the Middle East peace process
    Last edited by bigwheel; 17-02-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Or, you could argue that that he handled him perfectly, because Dylan played out of his skin after Lennon's comments.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Or, you could argue that that he handled him perfectly, because Dylan played out of his skin after Lennon's comments.

Only to get away. But got one good consistent season out if him.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    He played out his skin just to get away from Hibs? When does that ever happen? Players who have issues with the manager usually down tools and go in a huff. Not turn in good to great performances week in week out.

He was out of contract. He didn’t need to play well to ‘get away’.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    He played out his skin just to get away from Hibs? When does that ever happen? Players who have issues with the manager usually down tools and go in a huff. Not turn in good to great performances week in week out.
    Just ask yourself how would he get a contract with another team with that attitude and that approach?

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Just ask yourself how would he get a contract with another team with that attitude and that approach?
    Probably like literally thousands of other players before him.

He was out of contract. He didn’t need to play well to ‘get away’.
    To get away and double or treble his wages he did.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    To get away and double or treble his wages he did.
    So less about ‘getting away’ and more about earning more money. That doesn’t sound quite so negative towards Hibs though.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    ..he certainly handled Dylan wrongly - although that is easy to reflect on in hindsight ..

Posts like this are part of a seemingly
    Popular Hibby hobby now of re-writing history and revelling in it . I think we will see Lennon soon blamed for Brexit and the breakdown of the Middle East peace process

There are Hibbies out there who simply can't resist attacking a manager who gave us 2 brilliant seasons, including promotion and clinching a European slot.

The snidey, character-assassinating comments keep coming, despite Neil Lennon having departed, and now, as you say, re-writing history has become part of their narrative.

Even Leeann Dempster is under their sinister attacks - compelling her to come out fighting her corner, despite all the good that she has done for our club.

It's only a matter of time until they turn on Heckingbottom.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 18-02-2019 at 08:09 PM.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal G View Post
    Having watched Dylan at hibs over the last few seasons I was chuffed he came to Sunderland but it's frustrating that he's not getting his chance to prove himself.I know what he can do but Ross seems to have told him to sit deep and play short simple passes. He has so much more to give as we all know, fans at Sunderland seem to have marked him down as a failure already. Let's hope in coming weeks he gets back in team however I have my doubts as Max Power came on instead of him for last 10 on Friday and he's been woeful of late.
    Judging from the twitter conversation on that link earlier in the thread, the Sunderland fans seem to rate Dylan highly. The wee man is better than the bench in League1. Jack obviously has his own preferences.

SJM, Scotty and Dylan were more than the sum of the parts. They are not as good in isolation. Bring them all back 😄

Shock and awe a player doesn't get on with a manager, it happens. Whether Dylan played well last season to get a better deal elsewhere or not he didn't get on with Lennon. Not a dig or snide remark at Lennon, these things do happen and only one of the reasons Dylan left, wages at Sunderland being another obviously.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Shock and awe a player doesn't get on with a manager, it happens. Whether Dylan played well last season to get a better deal elsewhere or not he didn't get on with Lennon. Not a dig or snide remark at Lennon, these things do happen and only one of the reasons Dylan left, wages at Sunderland being another obviously.
    Aye ask Scott Macdonald,Isiguerray and Liam Boyce.

Yet another thread with guesses and second guesses trying to link some comments by Lennon made at the AGM and/or after games as the reason why Dylan left Hibs.

Re giving him a contract in 2017, there's many on Hibs.net who ask why we gave a contract to a player who's constantly injured. Awarding Dylan a new contract when he's only available for probably 50% of games would have been reckless. As our CE states, Hibs don't do things that are considered reckless.

This constantly blaming Lennon for all evils is embarrassing - he's gone so let's not drag his name into every thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    https://twitter.com/lmc10_safc/statu...482319872?s=21

Dylan last night at 10pm running lengths of the pitch.
    Think that will have been Friday after the Sunderland game

Yet another thread with guesses and second guesses trying to link some comments by Lennon made at the AGM and/or after games as the reason why Dylan left Hibs.

Re giving him a contract in 2017, there's many on Hibs.net who ask why we gave a contract to a player who's constantly injured. Awarding Dylan a new contract when he's only available for probably 50% of games would have been reckless. As our CE states, Hibs don't do things that are considered reckless.

This constantly blaming Lennon for all evils is embarrassing - he's gone so let's not drag his name into every thread.
    This.

Dylan left coz he didn’t like Neil. Straight from the horses mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Shows a distinct lack of gratitude to someone who helped sort his injury worries,played him regularly and turned him into a Scottish possible.Still the large pay packet will help him to get over it even if he doesn’t get a game.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post

If Lennon had left in the summer, Dylan would still be at ER.

There's only one fact about Dylan and Neil. Dylan played his best football in a Hibs shirt under Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Shows a distinct lack of gratitude to someone who helped sort his injury worries,played him regularly and turned him into a Scottish possible.Still the large pay packet will help him to get over it even if he doesn’t get a game.
    Dylan helped himself.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Dylan helped himself.
    What's wrong with that?