100%

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been our best player for 3 months.
    Yup! So glad he's showing it now! Rated him since he signed. Him and Milligan work really well together.

I'm glad our team has got a bit of consistency to it at the moment. Seems ages since we had the same team start consecutive games. It's a huge if, as it seems like he's forever injured, but if Agyepong can get fit, having the likes of him and Omeonga as options off the bench will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Has fantastic technical ability, I think the only thing he's missing is that little bit more physicality and getting his body in between the ball and the player, sometimes he's pushed off the ball a little too easy.

Played very well today looking forward to seeing him push on under the Heck
    I'd agree with this , im always wanting him to press the opposition and try win the ball a bit more, he tends to jockey from a distance...he has been good last few games though

Glad he's starting to deliver on his obvious ability and promise. I'd given up on him after the last derby.

The true test will be against the better sides though, in tougher midfield battles.

@hibs.net private member
    Excellent performance from Slivka and thoroughly deserved MOM.

It's taken a long time but we are finally getting to see - consistently - the kind of form which earned him a move to Juve.

Now surely one of the first names on the teamsheet and long may it last

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    To quote my original analysis when I first saw him at Hibs:

‘Slivka’s a player’

Delighted he’s making it happen for himself now.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsdaft View Post
    Glad he's starting to deliver on his obvious ability and promise. I'd given up on him after the last derby.

The true test will be against the better sides though, in tougher midfield battles.
    He was excellent for 6 weeks before the Derby and was far from our worst that night.

Left by mutual consent!
    Did anyone else notice he got a note from Heck in the second half.

First Team Breakthrough
    First name on the teamsheet atm for me and has been for a while

Been saying for a while that when he's played in the centre he's great. Why Lennon kept playing him wide was mystifying.

Just finished watching the game back now and thought he had a good game, not quite as brilliant as the majority on here seem to think though I appreciate its different watching it live.

Last 30 minutes he particularly upped it imo and overall dominated the middle of the park with Milligan - who for me was MOTM.

A lot of positive individual performances out there today which should give us hope.

McNulty - Got a lot more to his game than I expected and brilliant work rate
    Omeonga - What you want from a sub, lots of energy, got involved and made chances
    Milligan - Bossed the midfield. One the ball back constantly and was very good on the ball.
    Kamberi - A lot better than recent weeks and signs that the goals are going to return to his game.
    Horgan - Bet his man at ease and some fantastic balls in the box.

Hecks I’m sure will be happy but still A lot of areas we can improve on.

Onto Dundee.

If he is played as a defensive mid as he was yesterday then I think he might win me over but I don’t think he is a box to box mid because he is too slow and passive when chasing back. I liked him in the role he had yesterday. Whether we need him and Milligan playing that role together is another question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If he is played as a defensive mid as he was yesterday then I think he might win me over but I don’t think he is a box to box mid because he is too slow and passive when chasing back. I liked him in the role he had yesterday. Whether we need him and Milligan playing that role together is another question.

Well it's been working the last few games so we obviously do need them playing that role together

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Well it's been working the last few games so we obviously do need them playing that role together
    I missed Raith game, did he play as deep in that game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I missed Raith game, did he play as deep in that game?

No - we played a diamond in the Raith game. At times the 4 players were nowhere near compact enough and we looked disjointed IMO.

Playing the conventional 4 yesterday was much better. I thought Mallan was the only disappointment but if anything he was maybe trying a bit too hard, was a bit nervy. If the 4 of them can become a bit more of a unit then I think they could keep their places for weeks. That wide right position could definitely suit Mallan as there’s a bit less pressure there and giving the ball away would be less of a worry.

It’s only one game though, if we can go and win on Friday then I’d start to have a bit more belief in these players.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    No - we played a diamond in the Raith game. At times the 4 players were nowhere near compact enough and we looked disjointed IMO.

Playing the conventional 4 yesterday was much better. I thought Mallan was the only disappointment but if anything he was maybe trying a bit too hard, was a bit nervy. If the 4 of them can become a bit more of a unit then I think they could keep their places for weeks. That wide right position could definitely suit Mallan as there’s a bit less pressure there and giving the ball away would be less of a worry.

It’s only one game though, if we can go and win on Friday then I’d start to have a bit more belief in these players.
    Have to disagree, thought slivka and Milligan played well against raith also

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    He's been good but he can still do a lot more and hopefully Heck is the man to bring the best out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Have to disagree, thought slivka and Milligan played well against raith also
    I didn’t think they were bad individually, just that the diamond system didn’t work that well at times. Horgan at the tip of the diamond and Milligan being deepest were too far apart. Left Slivka and Mallan with too much to do. That was a problem for Slivka and Mackie against Celtic in the diamond also.

I though the balance of the team was better yesterday. Kept things simple basically and maybe the players appreciated that

First Team Breakthrough
    Anyone else thought Slivka changed the game today after coming on?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elevengoats View Post
    Nope. But he played ok.

First Team Breakthrough
    Yeh both subs changed the game

Quote Originally Posted by elevengoats View Post
    Tidy, nothing spectacular. I do like him though.