hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slivka

Always liked him - excellent performance today.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Milligan sat a bit deeper in the second half. Slivka is a talented player and he has a bit of physicality about him. What he has lacked is being given a consistent position and role to play.
    You can clearly see Milligan has been a player in his day. Very composed on the ball, I really like what I see. Down side is a serious lack of pace though.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Ye he had a decent game today I suppose but seriously I still think we need better quality than him. I wouldn’t trust him in a tight derby against them at Tynie. He’d probably go AWOL. Now is his time, he’s getting an opportunity to play regular. He’d better put in some consistent performances or I think he could well be shown the door along with a few others I reckon. That was a really pish poor Hamilton side we made heavy work of today. We should have taken at least four of them today.?Still it’s three points but I wouldn’t be raving about any single performance, not against that lot.
    If it was the Hamilton team we took 6 off then I might agree with you, but Rice has relegated the hammer throwers like Imrie to the bench and has them trying to play football which makes them an entirely different opposition. Slivka was excellent today and the exact type of quality we need to go forward. Here's hoping Heck keeps playing him in his proper role, unlike the last guy.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    If it was the Hamilton team we took 6 off then I might agree with you, but Rice has relegated the hammer throwers like Imrie to the bench and has them trying to play football which makes them an entirely different opposition. Slivka was excellent today and the exact type of quality we need to go forward. Here's hoping Heck keeps playing him in his proper role, unlike the last guy.

Thet were rotten today, especially in the first half. Much better in the second but we had good opportunities to hit them on the counter and made heavy work of those opportunities. I’m delighted we got the three points but you can clearly see we’re still a way off were we need to be.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    cool.

Glad you agree

Thet were rotten today, especially in the first half. Much better in the second but we had good opportunities to hit them on the counter and made heavy work of those opportunities. I’m delighted we got the three points but you can clearly see we’re still a way off were we need to be.
    I think it was two teams in transition - I can't recall the last time I saw poor man's Hearts without all the niggly fouls, hoofball and dark arts. We still have a ways to go and Slivka will be a very important part of that.

Some of the stick he got after the Aberdeen game on here was the most baffling I’ve ever seen ... and that’s saying something. Our best player in the game, same against Raith and same today.

They weren't rotten at all...vastly improved from our previous 2 meetings this season and were very decent in 2nd half. They beat ST Johnstone last week under rice so have clearly improved

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Different class he was good, glad he got motm well deserved. It’s no magic recipe play players in their proper position which he is and has shown why we signed him after seeing him in that role

I thought Slivka played well today. He played a lot deeper, almost alongside Milligan and I think that role suits him a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Tremendous game for him and MM bar the pass that got Greegs booked. Thought we controlled the middle of the pitch fantastically today and Hamilton shouldn’t be discredited as they are improving. Slivka has got it, definitely.

First time in ages where we can honestly say our midfield had control of the game.

Like the look of Slivka and Milligan in the centre.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK

Played well today and the flat 4 suited him.

Milligan for me is too slow and still takes too many touches on the ball. Wasn’t a problem today but I think he’ll cost us against the better teams.

Great chance for both of them to really cement their places in the team if they continue to play well in the next 2 games, which will be much tougher.

Left by mutual consent!
    The more direct approach to our play definitely suits his game. He's very good at gliding past players in the middle and getting himself between the lines.

I think he'll push on from here til the end of this season and then get a decent pre season in him and watch him go next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Milligan for me is too slow and still takes too many touches on the ball. Wasn’t a problem today but I think he’ll cost us against the better teams.

Great chance for both of them to really cement their places in the team if they continue to play well in the next 2 games, which will be much tougher.
    I think Milligan would release it earlier but most of the times when he takes too many touches (and I agree he does this a lot) it's normally because he's very few options and doesn't want to just hoof it up the park.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    They weren't rotten at all...vastly improved from our previous 2 meetings this season and were very decent in 2nd half. They beat ST Johnstone last week under rice so have clearly improved

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Seriously mate, they are a very poor outfit and will most likely be relegated.

Best man for me today.

Sometimes he makes things look very simple, he's got great feet and is a very silky player. I still think there's more to come from him, he's got an ability to waltz past players at times and I would like to see him gain even more confidence in doing so.

Onwards and upwards, we've got some real talent in this team.

Good performance by Slivka, very good quick feet and brain and hardly seems to get flustered when in a tight spot, Milligan is similar, deserved MOM today.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeejoy View Post
    Best man for me today.
    Milligan had a fantastic second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Sometimes he makes things look very simple, he's got great feet and is a very silky player. I still think there's more to come from him, he's got an ability to waltz past players at times and I would like to see him gain even more confidence in doing so.

Onwards and upwards, we've got some real talent in this team.
    As a team we've struggled when pressed this season. Slivka is probably our best player at keeping it together under pressure - good touch, good wee burst of acceleration and a good use of the ball at the end of it. He'll be very important for us going forward.

This imo is Mallan's biggest weakness - he normally goes to pieces under pressure, although I did notice that he did very well once or twice today in tight situations. I still think his lack of having that necessary burst of pace will ultimately stop him from being a player who is more than a bottom 6 of the Scottish Premiership player.

Slivka and Mulligan were a perfect match today. Sliv had a great game and deserved MoM in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

really Tyler/ Milligan had a stormer today, naw? he looked the biz. we all know he is nae young chicken but he had a good game. maybe it's horses for courses when you refer to "better teams" though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Zidanesque. Class

Glad to see so many positive comments on slivka.really like him.he seems to be really starting to get to grips with the scottish game.strides past players with ease sometimes.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Agree with this.

We were poor in the final third which needs addressed.

Skivka def had his best game for us today, hope it continues.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Seriously mate, they are a very poor outfit and will most likely be relegated.
    Better team than St Mirren and looked to me like they played more football under Rice. Also beat St Johnstone which very few have.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Glad to see so many positive comments on slivka.really like him.he seems to be really starting to get to grips with the scottish game.strides past players with ease sometimes.
    When he is in a tight corner surrounded by a few players he just seems to ghost past them.I thought he has been good lately but not his best performance yesterday. Everybody sees his performance differently . I am not knocking him but l look forward to see him when he produces his best form all the time.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    As a team we've struggled when pressed this season. Slivka is probably our best player at keeping it together under pressure - good touch, good wee burst of acceleration and a good use of the ball at the end of it. He'll be very important for us going forward.

This imo is Mallan's biggest weakness - he normally goes to pieces under pressure, although I did notice that he did very well once or twice today in tight situations. I still think his lack of having that necessary burst of pace will ultimately stop him from being a player who is more than a bottom 6 of the Scottish Premiership player.
    Mallan reminds me of Liam Craig at times