hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Camp Nou, Barcelona.
    Easy.
    Ask me a difficult one.
    Nonsense. I was there last month. A fair few thousand left before the whistle but they other 70k stayed to applaud their team. There is not major traffic issue at Easter road. If people are leaving early its simply because they want to. That’s up to them. It’s not something I ever understand. But it’s their choice.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    I like to stretch my legs.
    Me too.
    I wasn't being serious

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    So many people leave early to "beat the traffic", you're actually better staying till the end to get away sharp
    Left on 90 minutes. Nothing to do with traffic. Wanted a seat at in the pub. Got one as well! Worth it

Deary me what a **** thread. Pay your money your choice when to leave.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Aye but don't block other people's view. Keep on moving.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I always start to head very slowly for the exit around a minute before the end of added time, and sit in some empty seats next to the exit. Then I dash off the minute the FT whistle goes.

Get to see the whole game and get out fairly quickly. Best of both worlds.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    I like to get to work on time, rather leave early than not be there at all

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    I sit in the famous five never leave early and was home by 5:50 this evening. Last week it was 5:45. Id suggest that it’s the way you drive home that’s mrs the issue than sitting in the stadium for five more minutes. That being said it’s everyones individual choice. For me I stay until the end of every game
    Or where you park.

I found that parking a couple of streets further away may mean an extra couple of minutes walk but ten minutes less in traffic.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    I like to get to work on time, rather leave early than not be there at all

You have your priorities all wrong.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    To be honest, leaving early has existed as long as I can remember, 65 years. It would be great if everybody stayed to applaud a result, but it’s not going to happen, so get over it.
    When a regular in the early 70s when we did leave early it was to ensure we didn’tget Caught in the tidal wave queue at the Hibs club so we could get a pint and a seat.

Imagine there are a few who still do the same today.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elevengoats View Post
    Really can't believe this. Just wait 5 minutes longer, she stadium is half-empty by the time of the final whistle.
    Why do so many people grossly exaggerate?

If 'everyone' left, how could the stadium be only 'half-empty' at the end?

I’d be a fan of pubs not re-opening their doors until 5pm when Hibs are playing at home on a Saturday. Fans are ‘rewarded’ for leaving early with a seat in the boozer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Auld View Post
    Why do so many people grossly exaggerate?

If 'everyone' left, how could the stadium be only 'half-empty' at the end?

Yeah, especially since it was already half empty during the game. That would mean nobody had left before the end.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    I’d be a fan of pubs not re-opening their doors until 5pm when Hibs are playing at home on a Saturday. Fans are ‘rewarded’ for leaving early with a seat in the boozer.

Then they'd just leave early to get a good place in the Queue to get in

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Yeah, especially since it was already half empty during the game. That would mean nobody had left before the end.
    Ha Ha.

Testimonial Due
    I left on 86th min to get a jump on traffic as had a night out to make.

Leaving 3mins before final whistle saves 30mins of traffic if it’s a comfortable game I tend to take that option, but if it’s tight then i stay til the end

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    I dont think fans are actually being criticised for leaving early or anyone is taking a superior attitude or mentioning people ‘not being real fans’ or whatever ... all it is is someone asking why it’s so hugely noticeable at ER compared to other grounds. It’s only actually the early leavers who are getting their knickers in a twist.

Everyone is entitled to do what they want... it’s just pretty grim looking. A lot of folk are saying there are reasons, and a lot are saying it’s just personal choice - fine.

I sit in the famous five never leave early and was home by 5:50 this evening. Last week it was 5:45. Id suggest that it’s the way you drive home that’s mrs the issue than sitting in the stadium for five more minutes. That being said it’s everyones individual choice. For me I stay until the end of every game
    The way we drive?? 🤣🤣🤣 heard it all now

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Surely a few more minutes wouldn't make too much difference in support of your team. Yesterday was the worst I've experienced, very frustrating, as with at least 10 mins to go where I sit in the east you couldn't see the south end goals for people queuing to leave GG2TH.

Where do you park?

If someone is taking 10-20 minutes longer to get to the same town having left from the same destination a few minutes earlier then yes I would suggest it is completely down to the route they take home. My original post I made it clear it’s each to their own if they want to leave early but some excuses are exactly that. If you want to leave, then leave don’t make up stupid excuses

Where do you park?
    I park at Lochend Gardens, just opposite the 7 a-side football park

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds green View Post
    The traffic after the Aberdeen game was brutal various diversions in place I also sat in traffic stationery for almost an hour. Good for you that u got home for 5.50 though eh must have been my own fault that I wasn’t 👍
    I don’t think I said it was your fault? All I said is that it may well be down to the route you take home. Also if the diversions were that bad and held you up that long then 3/4 mins longer in the ground wouldn’t have made a difference anyway

I don’t think I said it was your fault? All I said is that it may well be down to the route you take home. Also if the diversions were that bad and held you up that long then 3/4 mins longer in the ground wouldn’t have made a difference anyway
    I have taken the same route home for the last 20 years or so. Its the amount of time it takes to get out of the stadium is a joke. I have no patience to still be standing in the stadium 15 mins after the final whistle so I leave a couple mins early. Why do you care so much?

I have taken the same route home for the last 20 years or so. Its the amount of time it takes to get out of the stadium is a joke. I have no patience to still be standing in the stadium 15 mins after the final whistle so I leave a couple mins early. Why do you care so much?
    So I mean I replied to a guy who was speaking about the length of time it takes him to get back to the same town as me and you’ve just hoped on in looking for an arguement, go take your dog or something for a walk you’ll get more a bark out of them🙂

So I mean I replied to a guy who was speaking about the length of time it takes him to get back to the same town as me and you’ve just hoped on in looking for an arguement, go take your dog or something for a walk you’ll get more a bark out of them🙂
    Didn't realise you both stayed in the same town? Even if you do then so what? He wants to leave early, you don't. Get over it. Sorry to disappoint but i don't have a dog.

I stay till the end to avoid the crowds leaving early

I park at Lochend Gardens, just opposite the 7 a-side football park
    Interesting. I've never tried parking round that side of the ground....
    The only place I've found guaranteed spaces is in the Tesco at the foot of Easter Road. Might try round that way next time.

FYI though my seat is in the back row of the East. For the bigger games it can take up to 20 minutes after the final whistle to reach the bottom of the stairs. By which time the North, West and FF stands have all long since emptied. In fact around the time you're getting into your car, and the stewards at the stadium are doing their post match security sweep of those other 3 stands I'm generally only half way down the stairs....

For a game like yesterday when there's 3 minutes of injury time indicated, I generally make a move onto the stairway on 91½ minutes.

So, until such time Hibs install exits from the upper rear of the East (unlikely) , then I'll continue to do so. And the people on here who want to moan about it can do so as much as they like.

Let's face it some folk will always find stuff to bitch and whine about. They are best ignored.

Didn't realise you both stayed in the same town? Even if you do then so what? He wants to leave early, you don't. Get over it. Sorry to disappoint but i don't have a dog.
    You didn’t realise? That’s fine, maybe you should’ve read the other posts. I didn’t tell him not to leave earlier, I merely suggested it may be his route home which as we stay in the same town I could’ve told him the way I go and it may have been something he tried

Interesting. I've never tried parking round that side of the ground....
    The only place I've found guaranteed spaces is in the Tesco at the foot of Easter Road. Might try round that way next time.

FYI though my seat is in the back row of the East. For the bigger games it can take up to 20 minutes after the final whistle to reach the bottom of the stairs. By which time the North, West and FF stands have all long since emptied. In fact around the time you're getting into your car, and the stewards at the stadium are doing their post match security sweep of those other 3 stands I'm generally only half way down the stairs....

For a game like yesterday when there's 3 minutes of injury time indicated, I generally make a move onto the stairway on 91½ minutes.

So, until such time Hibs install exits from the upper rear of the East (unlikely) , then I'll continue to do so. And the people on here who want to moan about it can do so as much as they like.

Let's face it some folk will always find stuff to bitch and whine about. They are best ignored.
    Yeah I have always parked at that side of the stadium, I then head down towards the round about at smokey Brae go straight over there only restalrig Ave and join Moira terrace at the Scotmid. Down there to the cross roads at the start of portabello, take a right up on Harry Lauder road, under the train bridge and over Milton road, up the wisp and up to sheriff hall then back to livi. 9/10 in the house for 6pm.

Also I don’t have any issue with people leaving early it was just when a poster said it takes them ages to get back to livi that I thought I may suggest a different route that might help as they obv don’t want to sit in their car on a Saturday any longer than they have to

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Do we think Mrs Radge isn't already doing that job well enough?
    She audibly tutted, shook her head disparagingly and mumbled something about "part timer" and "cup final tickets".
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!