hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People pretend to have busy lives. Why stay to the end and applaud the team when you can be home and have your face glued to a screen 10 for minutes more that evening? Weird behaviour IMO but each to their own and all that.

The proper weird behaviour is people leaving a Hibs match early - so they can catch the full 5.30pm English match on tv.
    How’s it weird behaviour? 😂😂😂. It happens at every single stadium in the world. Sometimes I leave early, sometimes I stay until full time. The weird behaviour is by the people who come home from a game of football and glue there face to their phone and make a big deal out of people leaving a game of football early. It’s really not a big deal 👍🏻

2. Log in to remove the advert

I had something on at half 5. It was either leave early or not go at all; I'll remember to get permission in future.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by elevengoats View Post
    Really can't believe this. Just wait 5 minutes longer, she stadium is half-empty by the time of the final whistle.
    Everyone leaves before full time yet the stadium is half empty at the final whistle?

How does that work?

First Team Breakthrough GTMRossaK3's Avatar
    Really can't believe this. Just wait 5 minutes longer, she stadium is half-empty by the time of the final whistle.
    I grew up in the West Highlands and have supported Hibs since 1954 when I was 4 years old. Went to university in Edinburgh so I could go to see them and have lived there ever since. Over these years I have witnessed some huge highs and huge lows but have never, ever not given 100% support to the club, board, manager, players, etc. I am very proud to say I have never left Easter Road before the final whistle. Sadly, it must be a negative effect on the players to see this happen. Support is 100% and 90 minutes!

@hibs.net private member
    It is a nightmare of a stadium to get out of.

Should’ve moved to Straiton.

Personally think it's up to the individual when they leave. Better they don't loiter and block other people's view though.

Quote Originally Posted by tillguy View Post
    How’s it weird behaviour? 😂😂😂. It happens at every single stadium in the world. Sometimes I leave early, sometimes I stay until full time. The weird behaviour is by the people who come home from a game of football and glue there face to their phone and make a big deal out of people leaving a game of football early. It’s really not a big deal 👍🏻
    Name another stadium that is as empty as ours at 85 minutes...?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Hindsight's wonderful i wish i had left early after being 4-2 up at Tynie.
    Or 2 down, eh?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

The sooner we're back to being ***** again then hopefully these entitled 'look at me' ********s scuttle away back to where they were previously - before they elected themselves the moral superiors to the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Camp Nou, Barcelona.
    Easy.
    Ask me a difficult one.

Closer to home - I now know without a doubt you've never been to Ibrox.

#notüberfan

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Camp Nou, Barcelona.
    Easy.
    Ask me a difficult one.
    Not to mention most grounds in the EPL especially Arsenal. City, Spurs at Wembley.

Camp Nou, Barcelona.
    Easy.
    Ask me a difficult one.
    I’ve been there several times and would disagree.

I left on 88 mins with my daughter as the game was done and getting out of Loch end is brutal after the final whistle. It can be the difference of 40 mins then a drive back to Glasgow with plans in the evening, I was always leaving a few mins early. I actually saw a crowd leave after 70 mins or so, doesn’t bother me too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closer to home - I now know without a doubt you've never been to Ibrox.

#notüberfan
    That’s the closest one I’d say.

It’s really not an Uber fan debate. People get so tetchy. It’s just noticeable that a very high percentage of folk leave ER early and some people wonder why.

I dinnae understand the folk that obsess over why folk aren't going to a game/people leaving as they please/how empty a particular stand is etc - it has no impact on you and it's none of your ****ing business

I’ve been there several times and would disagree.
    I've also been there several times and would disagree with your disagreement!!

Did you watch the Valladolid game tonight??

Winning 2-0 and game almost over, some people have buses or trains to catch, myself I left to get back in my taxi to go back to work before the crowds come out so I can get away from Lochend Rd sharpish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    I dinnae understand the folk that obsess over why folk aren't going to a game/people leaving as they please/how empty a particular stand is etc - it has no impact on you and it's none of your ****ing business
    It does when they are blocking the view of the pitch for those of us who are still supporting the team, and its even worse when it's the selfish idiots who don't actually leave but dawdle on the stairways instead.

I can understand leaving early if someone has something to get to, but at least do so quickly.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Not to mention most grounds in the EPL especially Arsenal. City, Spurs at Wembley.
    To be fair to Spurs (never thought I'd say that) it's a complete ******* to get out of Wembley.

Each to their own and it doesn’t bother me too much.

I have to say though that I do usually have a wee grimace when the announcer calls out the added time and there’s the rallying call of “let’s get right behind the Hibees!”

While at the same time there are fans piling out the stadium.

Really?
    Well a full hour after the last home game (where I'd stayed to the end) I was sitting stationary traffic less than a mile from the Stadium - with a further 18miles to go to home...... Not really how I like to spend my Saturday nights, thanks.
    Today when the final whistle went I was almost at the bottom of the stairs in the East. Home in Livingston by 6pm.
    I sit in the famous five never leave early and was home by 5:50 this evening. Last week it was 5:45. Id suggest that it’s the way you drive home that’s mrs the issue than sitting in the stadium for five more minutes. That being said it’s everyones individual choice. For me I stay until the end of every game

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    The worst are those who stand on the stairway for the last 5 minutes blocking the view of others.
    Correct Answer "grips ma ****" every time.😡

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Or 2 down, eh?
    Touché.

When we beat hamilton 6 nil,I remember a guy going down the stairs saying that should have been 6 or 7 at 4 nil.two late goals he was spot on, he didny see them though 😂

Was in row ff in east (very top) with my 72 year old Granda who has a sore knee, we didn’t realise when bought tickets where they would be, so wi cupl mins to go decided to get down to avoid the mass stampede getting down at full time. A wee example that a lot of folk don’t just ‘leave early’ for the sake of it

Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    I sit in the famous five never leave early and was home by 5:50 this evening. Last week it was 5:45. Id suggest that it’s the way you drive home that’s mrs the issue than sitting in the stadium for five more minutes. That being said it’s everyones individual choice. For me I stay until the end of every game
    The traffic after the Aberdeen game was brutal various diversions in place I also sat in traffic stationery for almost an hour. Good for you that u got home for 5.50 though eh must have been my own fault that I wasn’t 👍

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Yesterday we have a dot count thread that had a pop at fans for not going and now today it is one for the fans who did go but left before the end? If you can only go now and again and you have to leave sharp, I would keep quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Yesterday we have a dot count thread that had a pop at fans for not going and now today it is one for the fans who did go but left before the end? If you can only go now and again and you have to leave sharp, I would keep quiet.
    I'm now wondering what the next question will be. Last week we had 'where were you?' and now 'why leave early?'

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    I'm now wondering what the next question will be. Last week we had 'where were you?' and now 'why leave early?'

Maybe it'll be...

Why bother turning up if you're going to sit there with your mouth shut for 75 minutes, then leave to beat the traffic while the players try to celebrate a morale-boosting win with the new Head Coach in front of a nearly empty stadium, but look up at all the empty seats and realise that beating the traffic is more important to most of the 'supporters'.

Obviously, just a thought, no criticism intended, everybody has more important things to do, etc.