hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I needed a wee wee and missed the last minute. I'll ask permission the next time.

Must have been a big queue at the toilets, cos 10,000 people left before the end to do a wee wee.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Must have been a big queue at the toilets, cos 10,000 people left before the end to do a wee wee.

At least they weren’t *****ting themselves as is normal most weeks 😂

Folding a pizza in half is nothing - people in the west hospitality eat their half time pies with a spoon - FACT

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It also does my head in when people stand up and start milling about at halftime. Unless you need to go to the toilet, or purchase something from the caterers, you should stay in your seat throughout the interval. It's only 20 mins FFS
    I like to stretch my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Folding a pizza in half is nothing - people in the west hospitality eat their half time pies with a spoon - FACT
    I thought a spoon was for burning?
    You get some right weirdos in the posh seats it would seem 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post

Me too

You people must be a barrel of laughs at the Cinema. Half the audience leaving ten minutes before the end of the film to beat the traffic.

Because i’m a real Hibs fan I don’t ever leave. I hide in the toilets at full time and spend the week ducking and diving in the concourse, feeding off dropped chips and pie crust, and drinking water from the toilet taps. Sometimes my luck’s in and i’ll catch a seagull and have a feast. Personal hygiene is admittedly a problem, but i’ll go home for a bath when the season’s finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Because i’m a real Hibs fan I don’t ever leave. I hide in the toilets at full time and spend the week ducking and diving in the concourse, feeding off dropped chips and pie crust, and drinking water from the toilet taps. Sometimes my luck’s in and i’ll catch a seagull and have a feast. Personal hygiene is admittedly a problem, but i’ll go home for a bath when the season’s finished.

Ah well, at least we know where the Seagulls have all gone

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    We all know the reasons as they are the same ones given every time threads like these crop up. It doesn’t particularly bother me and had to leave on 83 minutes last week myself to get down the road in time to make a golf tee off time, but given the occasion I thought more would have stayed today out of courtesy to our new manager and to cheer him and the team for a winning start and enjoy the win together.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    You people must be a barrel of laughs at the Cinema. Half the audience leaving ten minutes before the end of the film to beat the traffic.
    I've never been to a cinema that had somewhere between 13000 and 20000 people leaving at the same time. Also the cinema is about 15 minutes away for me and not over an hour away like ER. Why does it bother folk that sometimes I leave early, don't do it all the time but today I did and save myself 20 minutes plus of siting in traffic. Or is this another of these subtle Uber fan threads?

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    If I was in charge I'd take your season book off you faster than you could say Thierry Gatthuessi.

No problem with folk leaving early if they actually leave, in the east stand people are standing all the way down the stairs for at least the last 5 minutes making no attempt to move

Testimonial Due
    I didn’t log off of HibsTV until the full time whistle. Though I will admit I have gotten in the shower before full time before, laptop still broadcasting the game of course.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I've never been to a cinema that had somewhere between 13000 and 20000 people leaving at the same time. Also the cinema is about 15 minutes away for me and not over an hour away like ER. Why does it bother folk that sometimes I leave early, don't do it all the time but today I did and save myself 20 minutes plus of siting in traffic. Or is this another of these subtle Uber fan threads?

Firstly, it was actually just a joke... but I'm now intrigued. What exactly did you do with this 15 minutes you managed to save off your journey?

I presume this 15 minutes was absolutely vital to the rest of your evening and you punched the air in delight when you looked at the clock when you arrived home?

If you left at half-time, think of all the time you'd have to perform all these essential activities that you currently squeeze into fifteen minutes.

It’s true everyone can do what they like... but how bad does it look? Sure it doesn’t help the team and I don’t see it at other grounds... not to this extent. It doesn’t even seem to matter what the score is.

It’s true what folk say... if you want out quicker you’d be better waiting till the end these days.

It’s a fair question by the OP based on how blatantly obvious it looks but the early leavers don’t half get their knickers in a twist when it gets raised!

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Firstly, it was actually just a joke... but I'm now intrigued. What exactly did you do with this 15 minutes you managed to save off your journey?

I presume this 15 minutes was absolutely vital to the rest of your evening and you punched the air in delight when you looked at the clock when you arrived home?

If you left at half-time, think of all the time you'd have to perform all these essential activities that you currently squeeze into fifteen minutes.

Got in the door much earlier than usual, it was actually at least 20 minutes. Made love to my wife and with the remaining 18 minutes logged on to .net to discuss the football. Only to see that now we have a new head coach and we actually won folk had **** all else to moan about except some others leaving a bit early.
    It may seem like it's not a big deal but when the usual time getting home is between 6:20 and 6:30 it can make a big difference to the rest of your night to get home a bit earlier. As I said we don't always leave early but today we did.

Stayed til the end of the Aberdeen game and I didn't get back to my sister's in bonnyrigg until 6.05pm (took me 10 mins from moredun to bonnyrigg btw). Was stuck in Bethlehem way until nearly half past 5. Today i left with 5 mins to go today and was back in my mum's house at moredun by 5pm

Hopefully you put that valuable 20 mins gained to good use.

I can understand leaving early for a specific reason, I've left very early sometimes - just after HT at one game this season, but just leaving early to get an extra few mins sitting in the house doesn't seem very logical.
    We could after all just stay at home and avoid the whole inconvenience of going to the game altogether.

But of course it's up to the individual, when they choose to leave.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I needed a wee wee and missed the last minute. I'll ask permission the next time.
    Man up fella, in the good old days you just rolled a newspaper up and peed where you stood.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Hopefully you put that valuable 20 mins gained to good use.

I can understand leaving early for a specific reason, I've left very early sometimes - just after HT at one game this season, but just leaving early to get an extra few mins sitting in the house doesn't seem very logical.
    We could after all just stay at home and avoid the whole inconvenience of going to the game altogether.

But of course it's up to the individual, when they choose to leave.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I left Easter road a week early, wasn’t there today.

Got in the door much earlier than usual, it was actually at least 20 minutes. Made love to my wife and with the remaining 18 minutes logged on to .net to discuss the football. Only to see that now we have a new head coach and we actually won folk had **** all else to moan about except some others leaving a bit early.
    It may seem like it's not a big deal but when the usual time getting home is between 6:20 and 6:30 it can make a big difference to the rest of your night to get home a bit earlier. As I said we don't always leave early but today we did.

Glad you enjoyed your two minutes of fun

I got home at 6:45 and the missus now has a headache.

Testimonial Due
    Hindsight's wonderful i wish i had left early after being 4-2 up at Tynie.

It's been a while since I was at the cinema - but I'm fairly sure there weren't over 16,000 in attendance...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by elevengoats View Post
    really can't believe this. Just wait 5 minutes longer, she stadium is half-empty by the time of the final whistle.
    and!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Me too
    And me, but he doesn't like me doing it.

People pretend to have busy lives. Why stay to the end and applaud the team when you can be home and have your face glued to a screen 10 for minutes more that evening? Weird behaviour IMO but each to their own and all that.

The proper weird behaviour is people leaving a Hibs match early - so they can catch the full 5.30pm English match on tv.

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    I always leave 5 mins early to sell my pegs to the rest of the crowd as they leave

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I watched the game on TV and I switched off after 82 minutes.

I'm a hopeless romantic at heart.
    Hope you didn’t do the same on 21/5/16!!
    If you did, you missed a hell of a last 12 minutes!!
    But I’d guess you were actually present.