hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kamberi

Kamberi

Switched the radio on when I got into the car after the game and somebody was talking about the Hibs game. He thought Kamberi put in a shift with tackles and movement as well as getting a goal and said he’s back to the form he showed last season.

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I thought he worked hard. Nowhere near last season’s form though. Really needs to work on his first touch - ball seems to end up four yards away from him most of the time.

Honestly never seen somebody with such a poor first touch. I know he’s capable of better and I also think sometimes his heavy touch is intentional?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Switched the radio on when I got into the car after the game and somebody was talking about the Hibs game. He thought Kamberi put in a shift with tackles and movement as well as getting a goal and said he’s back to the form he showed last season.

Thoughts?
    1) Was trying
    2) His first touch was quite terrible today and some of the decision making wasn't good
    3) Was pushed in the back all the time which didn't help

I don't think he was called offside today which is progress

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    What annoys me with him is the amount of times he's fouled but never gets them, yet he has the slightest touch on his man and he's pulled up and normally booked.

I think he must be totally frustrated with the standard of refereeing in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Hopefully it won’t take PH long to realise he’s not a target man and is better suited to running the channels as opposed to playing with his back to goal.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    First touch lacking although the pitch seemed awfully bobbly today

Put in a real shift though....keeps doing that and itl come good for him again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Much improved today but still only 60% of the player he was last season.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    What annoys me with him is the amount of times he's fouled but never gets them, yet he has the slightest touch on his man and he's pulled up and normally booked.

I think he must be totally frustrated with the standard of refereeing in Scotland.

Yup, almost every single challenge in every game the defenders either have both hands on him pulling him back or down or alternatively he gets a hefty shove in the back throwing him off balance. Never gets a foul for it. I find it mystifying.

Did he get a touch?

He is a really frustrating watch atm and has been all of this season. Can't fault his effort though.

I thought there was a noticeable improvement immediately after the pen to HT, buzzing around more, making sure of his touch and laying it off.

Maybe put out not getting the nod to take the pen and worried he's no longer the main man.

Quote Originally Posted by elevengoats View Post
    1) Was trying
    2) His first touch was quite terrible today and some of the decision making wasn't good
    3) Was pushed in the back all the time which didn't help
    And despite that, the ref continually awarded free kicks against him, then warned Flo about persistent fouling. What an idiot.

TBH, Flo was distinctly average today. I'm not convinced he should be playing every match but we don't currently have a lot of options up front

Coaching Staff
    Ran his socks off.

Scored one and hit the bar.

The good thing is he CAN improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairney11 View Post
    Honestly never seen somebody with such a poor first touch. I know he’s capable of better and I also think sometimes his heavy touch is intentional?
    I’ve never seen a player that’s had a worse first touch. The ball comes off him faster than it arrives, it’s quite unbelievable how he ever managed to become a pro player. Having said that, I can’t remember him being like that last season, totally bizarre 😳

I thought he did well.

Good, positive body language for a start.

Got a goal, held the ball up well at times and was generally busy and involved.

He's better for having McNulty up there with him, and with the midfield getting up in support his team-mates did a lot more to help him play well than they have done at times this season.

Signs of a partnership with McNulty I thought.

Thought that 1st goal Was his.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Correct. Unusually for continental forwards, Flo's not great at diving. He's too honest. He needs to watch dvds of Aberdeen players who collapse to the ground at the slightest touch. Then he might get free kicks when he's fouled.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    I’ve never seen a player that’s had a worse first touch. The ball comes off him faster than it arrives, it’s quite unbelievable how he ever managed to become a pro player. Having said that, I can’t remember him being like that last season, totally bizarre 😳
    seriously I know hes had a poor season compared to last but the worst touch you two have ever seen, couldn't have been watching hibs for long.

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    seriously I know hes had a poor season compared to last but the worst touch you two have ever seen, couldn't have been watching hibs for long.
    His first touch sends the ball at least a yard or more away consistently and I’ve been watching Hibs for 50 years. I did say it wasn’t like that last season so I know he can do better.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    And despite that, the ref continually awarded free kicks against him, then warned Flo about persistent fouling. What an idiot.

TBH, Flo was distinctly average today. I'm not convinced he should be playing every match but we don't currently have a lot of options up front

I saw that and thought it was one of the more ridiculous refereeing episodes I've seen at ER this season. In fact it immediately looked to me more like the referee excusing himself to the crowd for booking Kamberi at that incident by pretending he'd been fouling all over the pitch. Utter cobblers.

Thought that was his best game in months. Still had some desperately poor touches but looked sharper than he has in a while.

Very unlucky with the one he took down on his chest in the second half.

Gave 100% today but is low in confidence. Hopefully PH can get inside his head and bring out the Kamberi of last season.

Definitely looked more confident today.

There's a good player in there if he's given the right encouragement.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Yup, almost every single challenge in every game the defenders either have both hands on him pulling him back or down or alternatively he gets a hefty shove in the back throwing him off balance. Never gets a foul for it. I find it mystifying.
    Based on the evidence this season you could almost be forgiven for thinking that shoving a player just before the ball arrives was actually now legitimate as long as the player you're shoving has a Hibs top on.

I'm genuinely gobsmacked by just how often it happens to our players without being called. I can understand how there are bemusing decisions when it's called for either backing in or climbing as there's a degree of interpretation and judgement required but shoving the player before the ball arrives is surely a straightforward foul no?

First Team Breakthrough
    The confidence has been hammered out of him by Lennon did anyone notice that when he came off he got a big hug from Paul and Flo immediately gave him one back

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    The confidence has been hammered out of him by Lennon did anyone notice that when he came off he got a big hug from Paul and Flo immediately gave him one back
    Awwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Cairney11 View Post
    I noticed vs Raith and in this game, a couple of times when the ball was pinged a long distance to him, he deliberately bounced it to another player, rather than trying to control it himself. I suspect that it's a workaround that's been worked on in training to mitigate the issue.

First Team Breakthrough
    I am telling the truth Boom town hibby the lad is only 22 already I see better man management from Paul