It was a decent performance by Hibs and it never really looked like we were in any kind of trouble … though our failure to score a third from a number of promising positions shows we still need to sharpen up with our final ball and decision making in the last third. If Hamilton had pulled one back with 15 or so minutes to go I wonder how well our nerve would have held.

Nobody had a bad game, but I would pick out Horgan for a couple of cracking balls into the box, Daz for a commanding performance at the back and Slivka who was my man of the match, he has been in good form lately and had one of his best games for Hibs yesterday …. I have to admit I was in the camp that would have been happy to see him leave the club, but his improvement has been such that now I'm happy to see his name on the team sheet.

We still have a long way to go before we reach the standard that's going to make us competitive for places in the top 4 … but winning games like that wont do us any harm, lets hope we can keep it up.

PS … The lad at number 11 for Hamilton was a real handful, shame the window is shut