hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you seen some of the pish that so called supporters have said on here and Twitter etc the last couple of weeks, embarrassing and wouldn’t blame her for being pissed off.
    I don't go on Twitter so haven't seen it, but I would be sceptical whether the majority were Hibs fans. Huns and jambos in disguise more likely. Most Hibs fans I've spoken to over the last few weeks have been reasonable given the circumstances, and are willing to give the Club the benefit of the doubt.

Clearly though, the events of the last few weeks have caused many fans to ask questions of the Board, probably for the first time in LD's tenure. To her credit she said in that interview that was part and parcel of running a football club. Hopefully it will spur her on.

LD also deserves credit for what she has done for Hibs to date and that earns her the right to have the fans backing. The appointment of PH is crucial though and I really hope for her and the Club's sake that she has made the correct appointment.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Hexham Hibee's Avatar
    Ambitious but not reckless - that’s an excellent view!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexham Hibee View Post
    👏👏👏

Don't think I've ever seen her in such a bullish mood, there's no doubt the Lennon situation and some of the over the top criticism relating to it has affected her and no wonder … This is a woman who has carried out her work for the club in as diligent and wholehearted a manner as anybody could have hoped for, in view of that she must have been extremely taken aback, if not hurt, by the amount of abuse she has been subjected to.

I am all for the folk who run this football club being held to account for the decisions they make … but the sort of abuse she has suffered over the first genuinely major contentious situation she has been involved in has in all honesty shocked me to the core as a Hibs fan of many years. The way some folk have reacted its as if the last 4 years never happened.

In that time its been nothing but an upward trajectory .. even when we had the disappointment of failing to gain promotion in the first two seasons of her tenure that was tempered by some cracking wins against the odds and an event some of us never thought we would ever see … an event which will remain burned into our memories until the day we die.

I had nothing against Neil Lennon as I've said many times on here …… But I have to say that I hope with all my heart that Heckingbottom is an absolutely roaring success, because apart from Hibs doing well on the park nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see the ungrateful *******s who turned on a woman who has been nothing but good for this club from the moment she joined have their vitriol shoved right up their ****ing *****.

Nae offence

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney Hibee View Post
    That was a tough watch right from the start, Brian McLaughlin seems to have pissed her off big style!
    He's a fat Jambo tur#....hope she punched him square in the face off camera...he's at it in the interviews with Hecky and Mallan too...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Glad to have someone at the helm who won't stand for any nonsense. Leeann has done a fabulous job at the club and I hope she continues to do so for many years to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    I can't see how she can be angry at the fans. It's only natural everyone's scratching their head when we've lost a successful, experienced head coach in unknown circumstances and replaced him with a relatively unknown guy with a patchy track record.

She certainly looked rattled for whatever reason. It's now absolutely essential that the players respond and get PH off to a good start. If not, things could implode.

That's at least the 3rd post I've seen from you saying things could go horribly wrong very quickly for PH. It almost sounds like this is what you want. No wonder LD's grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that Neil Lennon isn't her favourite person just now.

That's 2 interviews on the trot where she says that Heck should improve things, and I get the impression that by this she means more than the recent poor results.
    Rightly so mate...we are better than 8th in this league regardless of squad deficiencies...and we are currently in bottom 6 coz of some bizarre starting 11s and tactics from our previous manager. Yes injuries didn't help but neither did the Russian roulette team selection every week...we've had next to no stability all season. I share her feelings TBH

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    She'd be entitled to be angry with some of the **** that so called Hibs fans have come out with the last week or so.
    Absolutely ....Twitter and Facebook have been an absolute car crash this week...I'm amazed at how many so called Hibs fans believe the utter s### they read in the rags like the Sun and Record

I don't go on Twitter so haven't seen it, but I would be sceptical whether the majority were Hibs fans. Huns and jambos in disguise more likely. Most Hibs fans I've spoken to over the last few weeks have been reasonable given the circumstances, and are willing to give the Club the benefit of the doubt.

Clearly though, the events of the last few weeks have caused many fans to ask questions of the Board, probably for the first time in LD's tenure. To her credit she said in that interview that was part and parcel of running a football club. Hopefully it will spur her on.

LD also deserves credit for what she has done for Hibs to date and that earns her the right to have the fans backing. The appointment of PH is crucial though and I really hope for her and the Club's sake that she has made the correct appointment.
    I can assure you there were plenty of Hibs fans involved on Twitter...LD has even been sent some not so complimentary tweets from some Hibs fans...as I've already posted it's been a car crash all week

I can't see how she can be angry at the fans. It's only natural everyone's scratching their head when we've lost a successful, experienced head coach in unknown circumstances and replaced him with a relatively unknown guy with a patchy track record.

She certainly looked rattled for whatever reason. It's now absolutely essential that the players respond and get PH off to a good start. If not, things could implode.
    I don't think she is angry at the fans as a collective …. but as I detailed in my other post she must have been extremely hurt by a section of our fans … and I mean a small but annoyingly vocal section … who saw fit to chuck in the bin the achievements of one of the best board members this club has had in many a long year in favour of scathing and at times nasty attacks on her over the Lennon situation.

That's why she can be angry at some fans .. and I for one don't blame her for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Don't think I've ever seen her in such a bullish mood, there's no doubt the Lennon situation and some of the over the top criticism relating to it has affected her and no wonder … This is a woman who has carried out her work for the club in as diligent and wholehearted a manner as anybody could have hoped for, in view of that she must have been extremely taken aback, if not hurt, by the amount of abuse she has been subjected to.

I am all for the folk who run this football club being held to account for the decisions they make … but the sort of abuse she has suffered over the first genuinely major contentious situation she has been involved in has in all honesty shocked me to the core as a Hibs fan of many years. The way some folk have reacted its as if the last 4 years never happened.

In that time its been nothing but an upward trajectory .. even when we had the disappointment of failing to gain promotion in the first two seasons of her tenure that was tempered by some cracking wins against the odds and an event some of us never thought we would ever see … an event which will remain burned into our memories until the day we die.

I had nothing against Neil Lennon as I've said many times on here …… But I have to say that I hope with all my heart that Heckingbottom is an absolutely roaring success, because apart from Hibs doing well on the park nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see the ungrateful *******s who turned on a woman who has been nothing but good for this club from the moment she joined have their vitriol shoved right up their ****ing *****.

Nae offence

She is up there with one of the best signings this club has ever made.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Good on her. Her job is to help Hibs not the media

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    That's at least the 3rd post I've seen from you saying things could go horribly wrong very quickly for PH. It almost sounds like this is what you want. No wonder LD's grumpy.
    I love the Hibs brog and desperately want PH to be a success. I value LD's judgement as she's got it right on the last 2 appointments. Both deserve our backing and I'll be right behind them.

I do have my doubts about PH though. I worry that Hibs have made a convenient appointment; out of a job so no compo involved, an easier life for the Board than 'hot head' Lennon, both he and his assistant have no experience of playing or coaching in in Scotland and probably little knowledge of the Club before they came here.

On the plus side, PH has a clean slate and lack of Managerial experience didn't stop Tony Mowbray or Alan Stubbs being a success.

I've loved the feel good factor at the Club in recent years and want it to continue. I'm not convinced we have made the correct appointment though. I hope I am proved wrong.

I love the Hibs brog and desperately want PH to be a success. I value LD's judgement as she's got it right on the last 2 appointments. Both deserve our backing and I'll be right behind them.

I do have my doubts about PH though. I worry that Hibs have made a convenient appointment; out of a job so no compo involved, an easier life for the Board than 'hot head' Lennon, both he and his assistant have no experience of playing or coaching in in Scotland and probably little knowledge of the Club before they came here.

On the plus side, PH has a clean slate and lack of Managerial experience didn't stop Tony Mowbray or Alan Stubbs being a success.

I've loved the feel good factor at the Club in recent years and want it to continue. I'm not convinced we have made the correct appointment though. I hope I am proved wrong.
    I'll be supporting Heckingbottom every step of the way, but in a way I'm the same as you regarding the appointment. It's different from Mowbray and Stubbs both of whom at least had experience of playing in Scotland, PH and Stockdale don't, but I'm still optimistic that this could work; Stockdale is a very well-respected coach, and PH does have some positive experience of management.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Good on her. Her job is to help Hibs not the media
    Hear hear. Personally, I find it quite liberating to be in the post-Lennon era. This new guy hasn't got any baggage. At least I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I'll be supporting Heckingbottom every step of the way, but in a way I'm the same as you regarding the appointment. It's different from Mowbray and Stubbs both of whom at least had experience of playing in Scotland, PH and Stockdale don't, but I'm still optimistic that this could work; Stockdale is a very well-respected coach, and PH does have some positive experience of management.
    Agreed mate. Presently we have a spectrum, where at one end some Hibs fans back the Hibs Board regardless of what they do, through to those who slag the Board off for everything and don't see the good in their recent succeses. I'm kind of in the middle now, after being totally behind them in recent years.

What I don't like is fans on either side of the argument who rubbish genuine Hibs fans for their views, just because they disagree. Constructive criticism is healthy.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Hexham Hibee View Post
    Aye right !!! car crash press conference

L D on an ego trip and she mentioned George (disaster at Falkirk) as having input.

Dear oh Dear

Craig Brown spoke about her at Motherwell

She wants a yes man coach and hey P H fits the bill. Lenny did not.

Worrying times again

But I will still be there today.

Nae offence
    A lot of what you posted absolutely resonates.

Well said Nae Nookie.

Nae offence
    Good post NN. I'm not a big social media guy but I'm not aware that Hibs fans have turned on LD. Some may have questioned her judgement in the absence of any facts in recent events, but blindless loyalty when things have clearly gone wrong is not healthy.

Being 8th in the league is a collective failure and not all Neil Lennon's fault.

Everyone at Hibs from the Board through to the players need to up their game.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOD View Post

L D on an ego trip and she mentioned George (disaster at Falkirk) as having input.

Dear oh Dear

Worrying times again

Car crash post.

First Team Breakthrough
    We are very very fortunate to have Leanne Dempster leading Hibs. She has been the best signing we have made. She is strong, courageous, hard working and has nothing but the best interest of Hibs FC every day she gets up. I am writing this in the hope that Leanne reads it and accepts my support and thanks for all that she does and stands for as far as Hibs FC are concerned.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Dear oh Dear

Worrying times again

A big part of the reason it didn't work out for Heckingbottom at Leeds is exactly because he wasn't a yes man.

George Craig was far from a disaster at Falkirk.

Your post makes no sense.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney Hibee View Post
    That was a tough watch right from the start, Brian McLaughlin seems to have pissed her off big style!
    He is a big, fat and ugly Jambo.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Hibs survived Wallet Mercenary so we could have debates over managerial appointments, endure relegations, jambo trolls, wind-up menrchants countered by purple patches against the yams, owning the Rangers, winning silverware, dramatically claim the Holy Grail, amassing record points totals, having an extended run in Europe with some scintillating play along the way.

Managerial appointments is not an exact science but let’s get behind the dude. Not so sure why we seem to spend a massive amount of time foreseeing gloom (so that folks can say hope I’m wrong but I told you so?)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks LD. Been a critic over the past 3-4 weeks, partiuclarly on here, but the communication from the club over the past couple of days has been fantastic.

Dear oh Dear

Worrying times again

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I don’t get this talk of cause Mowbray and Stubbs played in Scotland this qualifies them to have an advantage, these guys played their football here at a time when the game wa very very different and I’m sure they would say it’s night and day from the current football here. He’s already signed a few Scottish lads at previous clubs so obviously knows the market and enough about to argue he’s not coming in blind having never seen it. Scottish football gets more air time now than every probably so many managers and coaches will have a greater awareness of the game than they once did.

You do know Heckinbottom managed Barnsley in th championship for
    2 years, hardly inexperienced.

Dear oh Dear

Worrying times again

Another one with an agenda against LD and the club, were you one of the nasty ****ers giving her abuse on Twitter, we seem to have a wee nasty element in our support who'll jump on anything and turn it into an attack on the club.

I'm glad she's pushing back. I would argue it maybe didn't go far enough either.

I support leeann and Hibs. I think the move from Neil 'Celtic at every opportunity' Lennon was the right time, that's not to say that Lennon wasn't good for us at the time. I'm not falling over myself about him given the reality is 1 point more than stubbs with no hearts and huns and then taking the club to 4th with the best midfield in the country. my honest deep down view on last season is that Lennon failed, we were in the hunt for second and he blew the trip to tynecastle. we were 3 up on rangers and he was celebrating a 5 all draw like he's won something.

as others have said, far too much baggage.

I like what I've heard from PH so far. I'm prepared to back him and I hope he goes on to be the most successful coach in our history.

leeann is good for hibs. however whilst I support the fact she's feeling peeved at the media, she and the club should self assess and realise that they contributed to the feeling of discontent within the fan based. in that for a while prior to the issue with Lennon, the club had remained silent on many issues and the fans were also becoming restless with footballing matters. many saw us as under prepared despite her claims of biggest budget ever and the mcginn money.

all in all, Hibs would do well to go out and thump Hamilton this afternoon and get the PH area off to a flier.

then we can all talk about that.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk