hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    The club has rocketed back into the top end of Scottish football from our lowest ebb in a long time.We’ve won the Scottish cup which we all thought we’d never see.We’ve had a manager in Neil Lennon who i’d never thought possible for us to have.

All since Leeann took over.
    Any Hibs fans giving her abuse the last few weeks are not Hibs supporters.

Any fans trying to convince us it was Hibs supporters are also not Hibs supporters.It’ll be 99% other clubs fans 1% Hibees giving lighter discontent.
    Proper Hibees can be nothing but happy with our club over the past four years. I will always trust the powers who run our club for that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love the Hibs brog and desperately want PH to be a success. I value LD's judgement as she's got it right on the last 2 appointments. Both deserve our backing and I'll be right behind them.

I do have my doubts about PH though. I worry that Hibs have made a convenient appointment; out of a job so no compo involved, an easier life for the Board than 'hot head' Lennon, both he and his assistant have no experience of playing or coaching in in Scotland and probably little knowledge of the Club before they came here.

On the plus side, PH has a clean slate and lack of Managerial experience didn't stop Tony Mowbray or Alan Stubbs being a success.

I've loved the feel good factor at the Club in recent years and want it to continue. I'm not convinced we have made the correct appointment though. I hope I am proved wrong.
    PH has some good managerial experience with a club of similar size to Hibs and also a very short period at a much bigger club that Hibs. He has also brought in an experienced coach to help him which IMO is vital. Personally dont think it will take that long to catch up with Scottish football as to me football is football and to be honest his managerial experience is at a higher level than we currently are. Hope he does well but also hope he is given proper time to sort it out as lets be honest we have Celtic in the cup and will need a very good run out of sync with our current form to get into the top 6.

Left by mutual consent!
    Just watched this. For me the expectations of, and attacks on LD have been "unrealistic" to put it mildly and ****ing stupid and unreasonable if we're speaking plainly. Just because we support the club there is NO way that we are entitled to know every detail of the inner workings/disciplinary procedures/appointments etc. I for one am grateful that LD is in place doing her best to progress our club to bigger and better times. I hope she is allowed to get on with it.
    Last edited by Bangkok Hibby; 16-02-2019 at 07:18 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    The club has rocketed back into the top end of Scottish football from our lowest ebb in a long time.We’ve won the Scottish cup which we all thought we’d never see.We’ve had a manager in Neil Lennon who i’d never thought possible for us to have.

Any fans trying to convince us it was Hibs supporters are also not Hibs supporters.It’ll be 99% other clubs fans 1% Hibees giving lighter discontent.
    Proper Hibees can be nothing but happy with our club over the past four years. I will always trust the powers who run our club for that.
    Wow. And people wonder why our support is divided at times?

I have been critical of both LD and NL at times. I was critical of Stubbs to at points. On the flip side, I have been positive, congratulated them and appreciative of the success they have brought us. I am entitled to that opinion, whatever it may be, no more or less than you (assuming you’re not a Jambo troll that is).

Oh, and I am a Hibs supporter, a ST holder and a regular attender of away matches thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Wow. And people wonder why our support is divided at times?

I have been critical of both LD and NL at times. I was critical of Stubbs to at points. On the flip side, I have been positive, congratulated them and appreciative of the success they have brought us. I am entitled to that opinion, whatever it may be, no more or less than you (assuming you’re not a Jambo troll that is).

Oh, and I am a Hibs supporter, a ST holder and a regular attender of away matches thanks very much.
    Cool. There’s a massive difference between being critical (which is quite normal) and taking abuse over social media (which is what i’m on about)

What a load of pish. Any game I've been to home or away, there's always an element slagging off players and dishing out abuse. I don't agree with abusing the players, but it doesn't mean they are not proper Hibs fans. Leeann is no different, she's in a position where an element of our support doesn't like her.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    There is a vocal minority in our support who simply don't like Authority so it's immaterial who is or who isn't on the Board. In my opinion of course.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOD View Post
    Aye right !!! car crash press conference

L D on an ego trip and she mentioned George (disaster at Falkirk) as having input.

Dear oh Dear

Craig Brown spoke about her at Motherwell

She wants a yes man coach and hey P H fits the bill. Lenny did not.

Worrying times again

But I will still be there today.
    Bull****. How have Falkirk got on since Craig left?
    And I don't believe for a minute that PH will be a yes man. I think that is part of what stuffed him at Leeds

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    I love the Hibs brog and desperately want PH to be a success. I value LD's judgement as she's got it right on the last 2 appointments. Both deserve our backing and I'll be right behind them.

I do have my doubts about PH though. I worry that Hibs have made a convenient appointment; out of a job so no compo involved, an easier life for the Board than 'hot head' Lennon, both he and his assistant have no experience of playing or coaching in in Scotland and probably little knowledge of the Club before they came here.

On the plus side, PH has a clean slate and lack of Managerial experience didn't stop Tony Mowbray or Alan Stubbs being a success.

I've loved the feel good factor at the Club in recent years and want it to continue. I'm not convinced we have made the correct appointment though. I hope I am proved wrong.
    I think the heck will be a different type of coach to Neil. Listening to the east mains chat, he seems to be very astute in picking up on the small things in the game.

Everyone seems to get a snippet on their game.

Hopefully we get a win today to start him off on the right foot.

All the chat about leeann will wither on the vine, if wins keep coming, but she's always going to have this period in her tenure coming back to haunt her, by some.

A closer look at the numbers at the agm might throw up some answers.

Onwards and upwards, hopefully.✌

Didn’t enjoy that to be honest.

Thank **** the footballs back today for all concerned.

Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    What a load of pish. Any game I've been to home or away, there's always an element slagging off players and dishing out abuse. I don't agree with abusing the players, but it doesn't mean they are not proper Hibs fans. Leeann is no different, she's in a position where an element of our support doesn't like her.
    Guess your definition of abuse is different to mine then.I couldnt care less about slagging people off.
    I’m talking about someone having to take personal abuse over social media here. Not in a football way. Doubt any hibby would stoop to that?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    We'll miss her when she's gone.

Doing a great job for us, taking the tough and unpopular decisions is much harder than just playing to appease the loudest or those with the biggest axe to grind.

There's a time for a measured response and that's what she has done here.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Guess your definition of abuse is different to mine then.I couldnt care less about slagging people off.
    I’m talking about someone having to take personal abuse over social media here. Not in a football way. Doubt any hibby would stoop to that?
    Abuse on social media is rife in society.
    Hibs fans are part of society.
    It would be odd if we were somehow immune from it.

Quote Originally Posted by JOD View Post
    Aye right !!! car crash press conference

L D on an ego trip and she mentioned George (disaster at Falkirk) as having input.

Dear oh Dear

Craig Brown spoke about her at Motherwell

She wants a yes man coach and hey P H fits the bill. Lenny did not.

Worrying times again

But I will still be there today.

car crash how? Because she didn’t let the press control what was said? Aye ok

on an ego trip? Again, how? She was firm, talked positively about moving forward and improving. It wasn’t about LD.

George Craig - in his time there, Falkirk were turning out a good few young players. Since he’s left? Not so much.

craig brown? You’re actually using Craig brown as your reliable source here? Wow. A dinosaur.

PH fits the bill as a yes man - So you’re well versed in his history and personality are you?

lenny () not a yes man - I’d agree with that, remind me who appointed him? You contradict yourself, LD wants a yes man, but she appointed someone you have stated isn’t a yes man.

Its worrying that folk like you will end up driving LD out the club when she realises there’s no pleasing some folk. Or you’re a troll.

2 European qualifications.

Promoted back to the top league where we are meant to be....and the small matter of the Scottish Cup win.

All within 5 years of LDs tenure at ER.

Any person in LDs position at any club would be happy with that record.

I do wonder what the detractors expected LD to have achieved within this time? She isn’t afraid to make the tough calls and I fully back her to continue to make those calls that are in the best interests of Hibernian.

GGTTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    We'll miss her when she's gone.

Doing a great job for us, taking the tough and unpopular decisions is much harder than just playing to appease the loudest or those with the biggest axe to grind.

There's a time for a measured response and that's what she has done here.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

I wonder how many hearts fans post on .net a day?

Spot on and thanks for saving me thinking of a suitable response to such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    car crash how? Because she didn’t let the press control what was said? Aye ok

on an ego trip? Again, how? She was firm, talked positively about moving forward and improving. It wasn’t about LD.

George Craig - in his time there, Falkirk were turning out a good few young players. Since he’s left? Not so much.

craig brown? You’re actually using Craig brown as your reliable source here? Wow. A dinosaur.

PH fits the bill as a yes man - So you’re well versed in his history and personality are you?

lenny () not a yes man - I’d agree with that, remind me who appointed him? You contradict yourself, LD wants a yes man, but she appointed someone you have stated isn’t a yes man.

Its worrying that folk like you will end up driving LD out the club when she realises there’s no pleasing some folk. Or you’re a troll.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    I think Hibs should exert more control over these press conferences by having someone managing the questions rather than allowing dafties with agendas to just wade in

We need to draw a line under all this and concentrate on top 6. Pretty clear we have the players to do better.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Can someone please tell me what a 'yes' man is, and why we're so desperate to have one, or assume to have one?
    Last edited by Hibee87; 16-02-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Wake up. Kick sister out of bed. Brush teeth, wash face and webbed hands and feet. Turn on the laptop and troll Hibsnet. Go outside and turtle Wax the maroon Rover SE 'Executive' model. Put all lurid cardigans on a boil wash in the zanussi before applying haemorrhoid cream and leaving for job as traffic warden deputy assistant team leader.

Just a normal day for them

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    From my limited ventures over there I'd say there is a hell of a lot more Hibs fans who post on KB

I think LD has done an amazing job and this with a certain person lurking in the background, makes it even more outstanding, but I don't think the interview or this episode is her finest hour. She got tough questions and didn't look convincing, yes many were repeated but many fans have been asking the very same questions that were put to her in that interview as they know more than anyone what's at stake here

We had the Scottish Cup and the upsurge from that and promotion, but the record number of season tickets and attendances that has only equaled throughout a season once since the fifties, this was achieved by the previous manager, acknowledged, with backing from within. Whether there was the same backing in to this season to me is questionable, we were always going to struggle in midfield but our forward positions were woefully short throughout the first half of the season and we are only an injury away from being in the same position.

I really hope that LD has weaved her magic again and the new manager hits the ground running, because what took so long to build can come crashing down very quickly and that is why there are so many questions as obviously the biggest one is and the reason they are being asked was the concern that could the board have done more to prevent this situation reaching the levels it did?

For anybody who says as fans, we do not deserve the right to ask that question, maybe that would be right if we were just paying for shirts, programmes, season tickets, and hospitality and games, but thousands are also donating via HSL and money from that will have to be directed to pay for the decisions made here.
    Last edited by Ray_; 16-02-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Wake up. Kick sister out of bed. Brush teeth, wash face and webbed hands and feet. Turn on the laptop and troll Hibsnet. Go outside and turtle Wax the maroon Rover SE 'Executive' model. Put all lurid cardigans on a boil wash in the zanussi before applying haemorrhoid cream and leaving for job as traffic warden deputy assistant team leader.

Is is so close to the truth.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

Not too sure about that bit.

First Team Breakthrough Risboro Hibby's Avatar
    I can see why she is rattled to be honest. Maybe professionally she shouldn’t have shown it so much but on her personal level I can see why she did as she is only human

We all loved the Lennon era and didn’t want it to end. However whilst we wanted to support him through the difficult times we could also all see that things were going horribly wrong in how he was managing the players and team selections seemed to make no sense

She had the tough job of deciding when enough was enough and obviously matters came to a head the day he was suspended

Her record shows she acts in the best interest of our club and hopefully long will she continue as our CEO.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I have to say I didn’t enjoy that interview. Her demeanour didn’t feel like one of anger in strength, more anger under pressure.

A few wins on the trot and all will be rosy though!

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    Not too sure about that bit.
    Any contributions gratefully received. We could start a separate thread and make it a regular feature

I thought she was top class in that presser. Yer boy from BBC is a tosser. Paul came across very well also.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post
    I think Hibs should exert more control over these press conferences by having someone managing the questions rather than allowing dafties with agendas to just wade in

We need to draw a line under all this and concentrate on top 6. Pretty clear we have the players to do better.
    No, I don’t think that is healthy. Sometimes you need a free press to hold people to account. If the media look daft then let them but I am never for watering down or controlling anything. Leeann did well.