hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Speculation"

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no inside knowledge but I am certain too that Lennon walked away with no payout. He would not walk away quietly as the injured party in all of this and risk his reputation.
    That comment works both ways

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastHibby View Post
    I just like transparency. Will leave it at that.
    Have a nice weekend everyone. I'm away up some hills
    Don’t jump off any.

PS. Your opening post was a disgrace.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It didn't cost the club.
    There you have said it again!

You seem very sure, no absolutely nailed on, that this had zero cost to us, I hope you are correct, but have a gut feeling that this has cost us money. It may or may not come out in the wash in future we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Nah, for me the doubters have had plenty of fun and games.

Time to get behind Leeann who has a great record so far with managers.

Amen to that brother 👍

Leeann Dempster quoted in BBC interview about the Neil Lennon debacle saying some of the speculation was "outrageous"
    Top tips hen, don't treat your paying customers who've invested a lifetime of support, blood, sweat and many tears in supporting Hibernian FC like mugs.
    My head doesn't zip up the back, and we do deserve to know why finance that could have been channeled into the team goes to a manager and assistant to keep "schtum"
    Just hope there's plenty clauses in the new man's contract that don't allow us to be stiffed if it all goes Pete Tong.
    Small rant, sorry. Just how I'm feeling
    105 posts in 5 years including 2 on this thread of yours.
    I smell *****

When will you be lobbing another maroon grenade in?

Did it cost us a lot of money? Did it cost us nothing? Personally, I think the truth might be somewhere in the middle and I don’t believe for one minute that their contract was paid up in full. Fake news.

Anyway, who cares? These sort of private arrangements happen all the time at every club but it’s rare to get people squealing and calling for “transparency” (where have we heard that before?).

Anything will do as a stick to beat the board/Farmer/Petrie with for some people. It’s getting boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It didn't cost the club.
    That is great news who broke the confidentiality clause
    Is it a guess or some unconfirmed rumour

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The Sun reported that he and Parker has the remaining 18 months of their contracts paid up.
    Well if the Sun is reporting it as fact then I'm inclined to believe Hibbyradge.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Well, for a kick off nobody knows how much Lennon or Parker were paid. How exactly can the club reveal why Lennon and Parker left the club without breaking what sounds like a legal arrangement? And the big question nobody ever answers … why would Neil Lennon sign a gagging order, or in this case an order which bounds 'both' parties to confidentiality, if he was entirely blameless in what went on … surely if he felt he had been treated unfairly or unjustly a guy who is never afraid to speak his mind or stand up for himself like Neil Lennon would surely have told Hibs to stick their gagging order. It looks to me like this arrangement is beneficial to both parties.

She is right, some of the speculation was outrageous, as was the nature and tone of some of the attacks on Dempster and the club on social media, including her twitter account.

Its done …. FFS lets move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    I agree with almost all of your post !
    Apart from the outrageous abuse LD has received,@uck me ! " We're so fortunate to have someone of her stature and ability " rant over.
    Never felt the need to quote one of my own posts before, but I had to so that Son of Paddy's reply to it can be compared to what I said.

I posted to say that I agreed with what LD said about the speculation and abuse … then SOP said he agreed with most of my post, apart from bit where I agreed with LD about outrageous speculation and abuse and then he goes on to construct a sentence which no matter how you read it looks like he is agreeing with my agreement with LD's opinion on the speculation and abuse.

Colour me confused

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heedersnvolleys View Post
    That comment works both ways
    No it doesn't.

If Lennon was innocent and did nothing wrong I don't believe he walks away quietly. It does him more harm than it does Hibs. Hibs could offer him 12 months salary but the lack of a definitive reason for the suspension and him leaving allows speculation and rumours to linger on. Was it bullying of young players, was it homophobic comments to senior staff etc. Etc. Even receiving more than the 12 months salary comes at a cost to his reputation and I can't see him selling that.

If he was blameless he was entitled to a payout so why would he take that and stay quiet risking his reputation?

Leeann Dempster quoted in BBC interview about the Neil Lennon debacle saying some of the speculation was "outrageous"
    Top tips hen, don't treat your paying customers who've invested a lifetime of support, blood, sweat and many tears in supporting Hibernian FC like mugs.
    My head doesn't zip up the back, and we do deserve to know why finance that could have been channeled into the team goes to a manager and assistant to keep "schtum"
    Just hope there's plenty clauses in the new man's contract that don't allow us to be stiffed if it all goes Pete Tong.
    Small rant, sorry. Just how I'm feeling
    Yawn....get over it...just coz you are a fan doesn't mean your entitled to our CEO breaking a legal obligation just so you don't feel left out. Grow up ...Lennon is history back the new guy in charge and let's all move on!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    How ridiculous!! Of course it's cost the club ffs
    You think NL went without his contract getting payed out!
    Yes I do actually as it's pretty clear to anyone with a bit of common sense he's was in breach of contract otherwise why has he walked away and said nothing but complimentary things about Hibs. As other posters have alluded...he's no shrinking violet at the best of times

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    No it doesn't.

If Lennon was innocent and did nothing wrong I don't believe he walks away quietly. It does him more harm than it does Hibs. Hibs could offer him 12 months salary but the lack of a definitive reason for the suspension and him leaving allows speculation and rumours to linger on. Was it bullying of young players, was it homophobic comments to senior staff etc. Etc. Even receiving more than the 12 months salary comes at a cost to his reputation and I can't see him selling that.

If he was blameless he was entitled to a payout so why would he take that and stay quiet risking his reputation?
    If he is paid to walk away quietly of course he keeps his silence. The mutual consent means he keeps his reputation intact also. What I take from this is both parties have possibly gone about things in not the best way where neither could say they were definitely in the right so mutual consent is the best option for both.

If he has done something wrong he would have simply been sacked
    Last edited by Heedersnvolleys; 15-02-2019 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heedersnvolleys View Post
    If he is paid to walk away quietly of course he keeps his silence. The mutual consent means he keeps his reputation intact also. What I take from this is both parties have possibly gone about things in not the best way where neither could say they were definitely in the right so mutual consent is the best option for both.

If he has done something wrong he would have simply been sacked
    I agree a bit but he would not have been sacked with out the need for a lot of public dirty washing, perhaps even a formal tribunal. So I would guess neither party has done everything well and there were faults and errors on both sides, hence the mutual agreement. I thought LD for the first time hinted yesterday that there was a big issue and NL had agreed to walk if it was kept under wraps. For what it is worth my opinion is he got some sort of pay off but not the full amount.

We need to let it drop and wait for the Only an Excuse sketch to deliver the facts

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Yes I do actually as it's pretty clear to anyone with a bit of common sense he's was in breach of contract otherwise why has he walked away and said nothing but complimentary things about Hibs. As other posters have alluded...he's no shrinking violet at the best of times

So anyone who might think that NL was compensated in some way for his loss of earnings has no common sense? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The Sun reported that he and Parker has the remaining 18 months of their contracts paid up.
    It's been made quite clear by LD and PHB that the press were writing madey up bollox during the recruitment process.

With a severance package for Neil Lennon subject to a legally binding gagging clause why would anyone give any credence to what's scrawled in the sun?

Personally I think he may have got something but maybe not. I'm not getting my knickers in a twist either way. (I'm not suggesting you are either)
    Space to let

Hope the hills clear your head. Maybe check out confidential agreements when you get a signal.

I just like transparency. Will leave it at that.
    Have a nice weekend everyone. I'm away up some hills

Left by mutual consent!
    No it doesn't.

Hibs have already said he was blameless in the statement which was released.

@hibs.net private member
    We were not having a good season, NL did not seem himself to me and I think overall it was time for us to go our separate ways, although the timing with the transfer window wasn’t ideal.

In my opinion, any agreement reached would have taken compromise on both sides so I reckon both NL and GP will have received some cash but not the entire contracts, hence the word “compromise”.

Regardless, neither NL or the club are dragging it out, both moving on and speaking positively about each other and it’s time for fans to do the same. I really enjoyed most of Lennons time with us and wish him nothing but the best but now it’s all about what Heckingbottom can add and I’m quietly confident he will do well.

No it doesn't.

I heard from a guy I sit next to at ER who knows someone currently employed by Hibs and it seems to have been a breakdown in the relationship between Lennon and Leeann Dempster.

It started with some dressing room unrest at full time at Fir Park and ended two days later when Dempster tried to sort out the team meeting when things got a bit heated.

Lennon apparently didn't appreciate this involvement as he saw it as his job as manager to sort out any problems within the squad. There was then an altercation between Lennon and Dempster and shortly afterwards the suspension was reported in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Quite possibly, yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or some of it just, I think the point made about the confidentiality is key to the whole thing and means a whole lot more to Lennon than Hibs, with regards to his future earning capacity. So a gut feeling is we paid him but nothing like the full amount of his outstanding contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Hibs have already said he was blameless in the statement which was released.
    No they didn't. The statement was clearly one which was agreed as part of a Settlement Agreement. No formal disciplinary action was begun against him therefore the statement is factually correct. There's a number of trade offs when negotiating an SA. I would expect that the price of that being included was less or indeed no money being paid to Lennon.

The only people dragging all this out is so called fans who care more about Lennon than the club. If the club sacked him it would all be public an Lennon would struggle to get another job right away. It'll be a small pay off and told to say nowt or the press will hear the real reasons, keeps his reputation intact, you could tell by her interview she was no huge fan of Lennon.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    The only people dragging all this out is sp called fans who care more about Lennon yhan the club. If tge vlub sacked him it would aal be public an Lennon would steuggle to get another job right away. It'll be a small pay off and told to say nowt or the press will hear the real reasons, keeps his reputation intact, you could tell by her interview she was no huge fan of Lennon.
    Did somebody steal some keys off your keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I heard from a guy I sit next to at ER who knows someone currently employed by Hibs and it seems to have been a breakdown in the relationship between Lennon and Leeann Dempster.

It started with some dressing room unrest at full time at Fir Park and ended two days later when Dempster tried to sort out the team meeting when things got a bit heated.

Lennon apparently didn't appreciate this involvement as he saw it as his job as manager to sort out any problems within the squad. There was then an altercation between Lennon and Dempster and shortly afterwards the suspension was reported in the media.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Did somebody steal some keys off your keyboard?
    Typing on a phone with a fat thumb lol, edited now

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester B View Post
    No they didn't. The statement was clearly one which was agreed as part of a Settlement Agreement. No formal disciplinary action was begun against him therefore the statement is factually correct. There's a number of trade offs when negotiating an SA. I would expect that the price of that being included was less or indeed no money being paid to Lennon.
    This is what part of the statement said.

"Despite widespread speculation, the club confirm that neither Neil, nor Garry has been guilty of any misconduct or wrongdoing, and no disciplinary process has been commenced."

Seems quite clear to me, that if they're not guilty of any misconduct or wrongdoing, they're entitled to be paid.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Did it cost us a lot of money? Did it cost us nothing? Personally, I think the truth might be somewhere in the middle and I don’t believe for one minute that their contract was paid up in full. Fake news.

Anyway, who cares? These sort of private arrangements happen all the time at every club but it’s rare to get people squealing and calling for “transparency” (where have we heard that before?).

Anything will do as a stick to beat the board/Farmer/Petrie with for some people. It’s getting boring.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This is what part of the statement said.

"Despite widespread speculation, the club confirm that neither Neil, nor Garry has been guilty of any misconduct or wrongdoing, and no disciplinary process has been commenced."

Seems quite clear to me, that if they're not guilty of any misconduct or wrongdoing, they're entitled to be paid.
    I know what the statement said.

Let's be clear. If there has been no formal disciplinary process then by definition they cannot be found guilty of anything. That doesn't mean they, or more accurately Lennon, didn't do anything; it means that there was no disciplinary meeting to explore the incident(s) and hear evidence.

It may seem quite clear to you. It doesn't mean that's what happened. Discussions took place between both parties. It was agreed that the employment relationship had broken down and would be terminated without moving to formal disciplinary action. This is reasonably common in employment. Discussions would then take place on a Without Prejudice basis on the various variables including what statement would be made in public and the level of money which would be paid if any. Both parties are seeking to protect their position in terms of reputation and so there is a negotiated settlement. To go to a potential gross misconduct dismissal airs the dirty linen in public and would I suggest reflect more badly on Lennon than the club. This is speculation I admit; we simply don't know but given the wording of the statement it's a reasonable working assumption. Therefore in simple terms he walks without full settlement of the pay for the full duration of the contract on the grounds that the club don't move to disciplinary action. He is therefore 'not guilty' because he hasn't been held to account.

Your initial assertion was that the statement said he was 'blameless'. It doesn't say that or anything like that. At all.
    Last edited by Lester B; 16-02-2019 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Typo!

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jayjaygrant
    Dempster has my backing . Mon the Hibees