hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: "Speculation"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Leeann Dempster quoted in BBC interview about the Neil Lennon debacle saying some of the speculation was "outrageous"
    Top tips hen, don't treat your paying customers who've invested a lifetime of support, blood, sweat and many tears in supporting Hibernian FC like mugs.
    My head doesn't zip up the back, and we do deserve to know why finance that could have been channeled into the team goes to a manager and assistant to keep "schtum"
    Just hope there's plenty clauses in the new man's contract that don't allow us to be stiffed if it all goes Pete Tong.
    Small rant, sorry. Just how I'm feeling

Maybe Mary Doll would have been more appropriate👄

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester B View Post
    Ah a typo. Naughty Lester!!

You really holmed [sic] in their [sic]. See #171

Weekend is one word by the way.

Been a joy sparring with you sir. Light relief after the week I've had.

You're none the wiser but I hope you are better informed.
    Naughty Leicester. 😂

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastHibby View Post
    Leeann Dempster quoted in BBC interview about the Neil Lennon debacle saying some of the speculation was "outrageous"
    Top tips hen, don't treat your paying customers who've invested a lifetime of support, blood, sweat and many tears in supporting Hibernian FC like mugs.
    My head doesn't zip up the back, and we do deserve to know why finance that could have been channeled into the team goes to a manager and assistant to keep "schtum"
    Just hope there's plenty clauses in the new man's contract that don't allow us to be stiffed if it all goes Pete Tong.
    Small rant, sorry. Just how I'm feeling
    Hope your feeling a wee bit better tonight. Chin up.

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    If there has been no formal disciplinary process which came to a conclusion, then by definition, nothing serious enough happened to trigger it, or nothing happened at all.

You also seem to be alluding that the disciplinary matters were all in one direction, and against Lennon. Who's to say it wasn't Lennon taking Dempster to task on her behaviour? And in doing so, thought that he couldn't work alongside her anymore. I hope your mind is not closed when you go onto panels.

There may have been counter claims about what occurred, and as such, Rod, who oversaw the proceedings decided he was backing Dempster, and paid up both parties IN FULL.
    No and no.. there is nothing requiring by definition that a formal process must either begin, continue or conclude because of the existence of something deemed somehow by someone as ‘serious.’

An agreement was come to that meant it never got that far. That does not in anyway mean that nothing happened or that neither party thought it serious. All it means is that both parties agreed to part saying nothing.

Looking at it with an objective lens it would seem it was done in the best interests of the club and I’m of the view it cost the club little or nothing financially to do so. That makes sense in the circumstances. I think it foolish to think it paid in full

You suggest that Lennon May have been the aggrieved party. You say ‘who is to say?’ Maybe only you or it’s someone’s new conspiracy theory scenario to paint the club in a bad light. Actually it it not impossible but I doubt you really believe that as it really does not make sense since the club suspended the manager and only lifted it as a result of the deal.

That of course meant any conduct was brushed under the carpet (I’m sure Rod’s marvellous moustache came in handy) no matter how it may have been categorised. I doubt the hush cost Hibs money but that is my reasonable interpretation with no axe to grind or forelock to tug.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Hibby View Post
    Maybe he agreed to take less money if we kept "schtum" Lennon has the reputation of being a fiery hot head not Leeann, mutual means it benefited both, i have no proof but i'd say Lennon saved face and we saved money.
    Basically both parties reached a position that as you say is mutually acceptable, which they formally agreed. What a lot of people who either do not understand that simple position or have reasons of their own to deliberately 'not understand', is that once the agreement is in place you will destroy it by communicating beyond the agreed parameters.

So those who 'demand to know more' basically think we should rip up the agreement and take the costs, risks and damage that is involved to all parties? It is not their call and fortunately they are not leading Hibs. Even if you wanted to do it for 'Hibs reasons' would it be best for Lennon? Probably not. Just because you want to know does not mean you should. In this case you simply cannot. The only guys who would really benefit are the press, who are creating lies to try to sell stories.
    Last edited by Green_one; 17-02-2019 at 01:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post
    Basically both parties reached a position that as you say is mutually acceptable, which they formally agreed. What a lot of people who either do not understand that simple position or have reasons of their own to deliberately 'not understand', is that once the agreement is in place you will destroy it by communicating beyond the agreed parameters.

So those who 'demand to know more' basically think we should rip up the agreement and take the costs, risks and damage that is involved to all parties? It is not their call and fortunately they are not leading Hibs. Even if you wanted to do it for 'Hibs reasons' would it be best for Lennon? Probably not. Just because you want to know does not mean you should. In this case you simply cannot. The only guys who would really benefit are the press, who are creating lies to try to sell stories.

Great post. 👏👏👏