hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Speculation"

"Speculation"

Leeann Dempster quoted in BBC interview about the Neil Lennon debacle saying some of the speculation was "outrageous"
    Top tips hen, don't treat your paying customers who've invested a lifetime of support, blood, sweat and many tears in supporting Hibernian FC like mugs.
    My head doesn't zip up the back, and we do deserve to know why finance that could have been channeled into the team goes to a manager and assistant to keep "schtum"
    Just hope there's plenty clauses in the new man's contract that don't allow us to be stiffed if it all goes Pete Tong.
    Small rant, sorry. Just how I'm feeling

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Leeann Dempster quoted in BBC interview about the Neil Lennon debacle saying some of the speculation was "outrageous"
    Top tips hen, don't treat your paying customers who've invested a lifetime of support, blood, sweat and many tears in supporting Hibernian FC like mugs.
    My head doesn't zip up the back, and we do deserve to know why finance that could have been channeled into the team goes to a manager and assistant to keep "schtum"
    Just hope there's plenty clauses in the new man's contract that don't allow us to be stiffed if it all goes Pete Tong.
    It's Friday night man, away off to the pub with you and get drunk, then you'll have an excuse for that type of post.....

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    How much money did Lennon and Parker receive exactly?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    How much money did Lennon and Parker receive exactly?
    Was just about to ask the same. No one outside of those involved has the slightest idea.

First Team Breakthrough cookin_on_gaz's Avatar
    Did your mrs burn your dinner?

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Managers come and go... the supporters or anyone else should never know exactly why. These matters are obviously confidential.
    Be great if we could just move along now and concentrate on the manager and team we actually have...

First Team Breakthrough
    Here we go again

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar

Ok then... let's speculate on speculation.... Jeez

Her comments protect all parties. Neil has said complimentary things about his time here, Leeann has been complementary to Neil.
    We have no right to know any detail covered in the compromise agreement so time to move on....

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Keith have you not got an article to pen for tomorrow's comic.

I do not as a Hibby of 50 odd years think that "I'm entitled" to know the precise ins and outs of "every single business matter pertaining to my club".

I for one do not feel like I've been treated, in your words, "like a mug" by my club.

Neither do I feel like, again in your words, "stiffed" by my club when things appear to go wrong.

I respect my club's stance of "discretion and confidentiality" re the circumstances surrounding Neil Lennon's departure.

My head doesn't zip up the back
    Are you sure?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Hen? Oh Lordy...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    That's only one top tip. Are there more to come?

Well, for a kick off nobody knows how much Lennon or Parker were paid. How exactly can the club reveal why Lennon and Parker left the club without breaking what sounds like a legal arrangement? And the big question nobody ever answers … why would Neil Lennon sign a gagging order, or in this case an order which bounds 'both' parties to confidentiality, if he was entirely blameless in what went on … surely if he felt he had been treated unfairly or unjustly a guy who is never afraid to speak his mind or stand up for himself like Neil Lennon would surely have told Hibs to stick their gagging order. It looks to me like this arrangement is beneficial to both parties.

She is right, some of the speculation was outrageous, as was the nature and tone of some of the attacks on Dempster and the club on social media, including her twitter account.

Its done …. FFS lets move on.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    How much blood did you invest? Did it all come from your head.?

Bolt, hen.

I agree to a certain extent, something happened and I know the club can't disclose it, but it has obviously cost the club

Left by mutual consent!
    "Top tips" to you, hen: sober up before posting.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    I do not as a Hibby of 50 odd years think that "I'm entitled" to know the precise ins and outs of "every single business matter pertaining to my club".

I for one do not feel like I've been treated, in your words, "like a mug" by my club.

Neither do I feel like, again in your words, "stiffed" by my club when things appear to go wrong.

I respect my club's stance of "discretion and confidentiality" re the circumstances surrounding Neil Lennon's departure.
    Couldn't agree more. Bullometer is off the scale on this site at the moment too many provocateurs.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Anyone mind that time Paul Hanlon equalised in stoppage time to make it 2-2 at Tynie?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Oh good, another one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    How much blood did you invest? Did it all come from your head.?
    Nah, from his piles!

Testimonial Due
    I suspect the the original poster doesn't have a legal background. Call it a hunch.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    I have been a “customer” for nigh on 50 years and I feel that it is none of my business on what happened with Neil Lennon

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    I agree to a certain extent, something happened and I know the club can't disclose it, but it has obviously cost the club
    Can you explain how it has obviously cost the club?

And since you're 'obviously' in the know how much are we talking?

Left by mutual consent!
    Oh FFS. Sober up man

Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    Can you explain how it has obviously cost the club?

And since you're 'obviously' in the know how much are we talking?
    How ridiculous!! Of course it's cost the club ffs
    You think NL went without his contract getting payed out!

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    How ridiculous!! Of course it's cost the club ffs
    You think NL went without his contract getting payed out!
    Quite possibly, yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just like transparency. Will leave it at that.
    Have a nice weekend everyone. I'm away up some hills