hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand that people get impatient too. That's up to them to manage as they see fit.

I was refuting the suggestion that there had been some sort of disaster in the PR department.
    You also commented that ‘most’ Hibs fans are simply waiting on an an announcement. And, I might be picking you up incorrectly, but it seemed to me you were implying that those getting a bit impatient are in the minority.

I don’t think that’s the case. Or it’s certainly not a small minority anyway.

I don’t think the club have had a PR disaster in not leaking names or anything. But I don’t think they have excelled themselves in over the last three weeks with the few things they have come out with.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’m not asking them to name the new guy to a friendly journalist but if there’s momentum building about it being a specific person when it’s not going to be them there’s ways of getting that out there. You don’t just wait for it to blow up and then not say anything because we’re professionals.

Whoever does get the job now, it will look like they’re second choice and that’s not fair on them, as a club if the whole Appleton thing was false we should have found a way to nip that rumour in the bud before it grew as much as it did, it was even in the EEN today that he would be getting the hibs job, the club speak to Davie Hardie on a daily basis are you really suggesting someone couldn’t have given him a wee nudge and suggested he maybe didn’t write that story?!

You’re obviously a clever guy Radge but I think you’re being a bit naive if you don’t think that kind of conversation isn’t common place between clubs and local journalists.
    So the Sun says we're about to give Bingo70 a job. The bookies make him favourite and folk start saying it's a done deal etc etc.

However, it's not true because no decision has been made.

Hibs come out and say that. The Sun repeats the story. Hibs repeat their response. And over and over. What a waste of time.

Or, Hibs tip off a friendly journalist that the Sun story isn't true and they print a story to that effect. The sun prints another story, and another and another.

The speculation won't stop until we announce the new guy.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    You also commented that ‘most’ Hibs fans are simply waiting on an an announcement. And, I might be picking you up incorrectly, but it seemed to me you were implying that those getting a bit impatient are in the minority.

I don’t think that’s the case. Or it’s certainly not a small minority anyway.

I don’t think the club have had a PR disaster in not leaking names or anything. But I don’t think they have excelled themselves in over the last three weeks with the few things they have come out with.
    I meant most Hibs fans are at home going about their business, spending a much healthier amount of time worrying about the new head coach than we are.

It's not been a good period for Hibs, but that's not been through their own fault, they've done nothing wrong, imo.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    So the Sun says we're about to give Bingo70 a job. The bookies make him favourite and folk start saying it's a done deal etc etc.

However, it's not true because no decision has been made.

Hibs come out and say that. The Sun repeats the story. Hibs repeat their response. And over and over. What a waste of time.

Or, Hibs tip off a friendly journalist that the Sun story isn't true and they print a story to that effect. The sun prints another story, and another and another.

The speculation won't stop until we announce the new guy.
    No, when the sun print a story. Do nothing.

When the sun print a story saying he’ll be appointed in 48 hours. Keep an eye on the supporter base to see how this news is being taken.

When the sun, sky sports and most other media outlets are reporting his appointment is imminent phone the local journalist and say “Hi Mr Local Journalist, these rumours have grown arms and legs and they’re not true, we’re still interviewing and not at the decision stage yet. Could you put a wee piece out saying that please? Can’t give you any quotes at this stage for obvious reasons”

Local journalist is trusted and has the inside scoop. People believe him and there’s not the same perception that ******* Petrie has blown another deal.

Orrrrrrrr.............

We could do nowt and just let people think it was all the clubs fault again.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Exactly. Otherwise you get this disharmony brewing. It’s pish.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Why does it seem our default position is Petrie! Or we’ve stuffed up?

Has Leeann used up all her credits?

Scottish Cup, cup finals, promotion, socking it to the OF and Hearts, standing up to the OF on Allan and McGinn, extended run in Europe. That’s some descent if the case...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

No, when the sun print a story. Do nothing.

When the sun print a story saying he’ll be appointed in 48 hours. Keep an eye on the supporter base to see how this news is being taken.

When the sun, sky sports and most other media outlets are reporting his appointment is imminent phone the local journalist and say “Hi Mr Local Journalist, these rumours have grown arms and legs and they’re not true, we’re still interviewing and not at the decision stage yet. Could you put a wee piece out saying that please? Can’t give you any quotes at this stage for obvious reasons”

Local journalist is trusted and has the inside scoop. People believe him and there’s not the same perception that ******* Petrie has blown another deal.

Orrrrrrrr.............

We could do nowt and just let people think it was all the clubs fault again.
    If people like the Sun's story they'll believe it, regardless of what another journalist says.

And when I say "like it", that could be because it's an exciting name or a perceived "cheap option".

I wouldn't be spending any energy worrying about what the folk who hate Petrie and the board might say. They're not going to change their mindset regardless of what Hibs do or say.

LD said late last week that candidates were being spoken to this week. She didn't leak it to the press, she said it publicly herself.

At the weekend, the Sun decides that she's either telling lies about further interviews, or that she's wasting the new interviewees time because her mind is already made up.

That stuff shouldn't be dignified by a response, but how often should a senior executive have to respond to some trouble making journalist making stories up?

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    See if you can be underwhelmed

And you can be overwhelmed

Is there a state of mind in between where you are just ‘whelmed’
    I think you can in Europe.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Not that I'm ITK likes, but it's what I heard.
    So you heard something - completely worthless speculation. The absolute minimum required for authenticity is that you've been led to believe something. That would be fact, more or less. Or at least confirmed as something that might be fact.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    So you heard something - completely worthless speculation. The absolute minimum required for authenticity is that you've been led to believe something. That would be fact, more or less. Or at least confirmed as something that might be fact.
    You saying my ears are *****, like? That they're less credible than my gullibility?

Ootside...

Now the record reporting heckingbottom deal stalls as hibs consider doolan and holden 🙇🔫

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    How is it a PR disaster when the club have never said Appleton is the preferred candidate.
    Well thats spot on. Last thing the club said was Eddie Grant was manager.
    Anything since has been made up by the fans the bookies and the media.

And there go the media again.

Can people please stop believing every word from the Record and Sun.

They have an agenda based on selling papers, not providing honest opinions.

Jeezo. One even used to put topless women in it to sell copies.

Where do I begin.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Still don’t think it will be any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post

I'm old enough to remember both doing that

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Well thats spot on. Last thing the club said was Eddie Grant was manager.
    Anything since has been made up by the fans the bookies and the media.
    We were just trying to give some hope to Jo'anna at that point....

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Can people please stop believing every word from the Record and Sun.

Where do I begin.
    I miss those days. And the Tennants Lager cans.......

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    I’m not asking them to name the new guy to a friendly journalist but if there’s momentum building about it being a specific person when it’s not going to be them there’s ways of getting that out there. You don’t just wait for it to blow up and then not say anything because we’re professionals.

Whoever does get the job now, it will look like they’re second choice and that’s not fair on them, as a club if the whole Appleton thing was false we should have found a way to nip that rumour in the bud before it grew as much as it did, it was even in the EEN today that he would be getting the hibs job, the club speak to Davie Hardie on a daily basis are you really suggesting someone couldn’t have given him a wee nudge and suggested he maybe didn’t write that story?!

You’re obviously a clever guy Radge but I think you’re being a bit naive if you don’t think that kind of conversation isn’t common place between clubs and local journalists.
    Maybe Heckingbottom was first choice but we didn't think he was interested so ^moved on to our 2nd choice Appleton and the reason talks stalled is Heckingbottom had a change of heart?

I'd the club had dismissed talk of either man being number one what position does that put us in?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Now the record reporting heckingbottom deal stalls as hibs consider doolan and holden 🙇🔫
    still holding the inside rail equine flu epidemic almost over the line, go on ya beuty

After three weeks of having to suffer a virtual Niagara Falls of keyboard diarrhoea from the usual suspects infesting social media I just want this to end. I'm happy for the club to take their time and get the right guy, but I lost patience with the trolls and bloody Leeann Dempster haters long ago. If this episode hasn't reflected well on our club its been an even worse reflection on some of the utter roasters who claim to support Hibs.

As things stand the appointment of John Doolan would be like being wrapped in a warm fuzzy blanket by yer mum after you've had a kicking by the school bully. Appleton might be a brilliant manager, Heckingbottom might be our answer to Jurgen Klopp … but one things for sure, not a bloody one of them gets Hibs, the club's culture or the folk who support it like Doolan so clearly does and just for that I would be happy to see him given a chance. It would be a punt there's no question … but if we are going to appoint somebody out of left field who better?

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    After three weeks of having to suffer a virtual Niagara Falls of keyboard diarrhoea from the usual suspects infesting social media I just want this to end. I'm happy for the club to take their time and get the right guy, but I lost patience with the trolls and bloody Leeann Dempster haters long ago. If this episode hasn't reflected well on our club its been an even worse reflection on some of the utter roasters who claim to support Hibs.

As things stand the appointment of John Doolan would be like being wrapped in a warm fuzzy blanket by yer mum after you've had a kicking by the school bully. Appleton might be a brilliant manager, Heckingbottom might be our answer to Jurgen Klopp … but one things for sure, not a bloody one of them gets Hibs, the club's culture or the folk who support it like Doolan so clearly does and just for that I would be happy to see him given a chance. It would be a punt there's no question … but if we are going to appoint somebody out of left field who better?
    Yawn!😌

apart from your thoughts and mine, this is some kinda ride akin to Brexit. will we wont we, hard border soft cuddly border or just spin the balls and see who's name comes oot. I understand the frustration on here but Hibernian fc are famous (or infamous) for keeping their cards close to the chest until all is exactly done and I trust in that. I do agree, to a certain degree that the PR dept, might need a bit of "tweeking"

Yawn!😌
    At what mate. My utter dismay at the avalanche of twats posting on social media claiming to be Hibs fans whose reaction to the last three weeks has been nothing short of an unrelenting sustained attack on the club and a board who over the last three years have had nothing but a positive influence on the club, the odd disagreement around loyalty points and the like aside. A cabal of folk for whom the club's board can do absolutely nothing right and who will never change that opinion no matter what it does, who are delighting in the current situation and whose bile has gone way way beyond reasonable criticism or concern.

You know what you can do with your 'yawn'

At what mate. My utter dismay at the avalanche of twats posting on social media claiming to be Hibs fans whose reaction to the last three weeks has been nothing short of an unrelenting sustained attack on the club and a board who over the last three years have had nothing but a positive influence on the club, the odd disagreement around loyalty points and the like aside. A cabal of folk for whom the club's board can do absolutely nothing right and who will never change that opinion no matter what it does, who are delighting in the current situation and whose bile has gone way way beyond reasonable criticism or concern.

I agree some have took it too far,and if you weren't talking about me apologies nae nooks.I dont think the board have dealt well with things recently, and during the first week I was quite vocal on here about that.but I took it no further than that.my opinion is shared by many pundits and ex pros,and alot of fans. I accept both views,yours included about three good years under current board.but you can never be complacent imo.I thought you were trying to coax me in to an argument about it.

I agree some have took it too far,and if you weren't talking about me apologies nae nooks.I dont think the board have dealt well with things recently, and during the first week I was quite vocal on here about that.but I took it no further than that.my opinion is shared by many pundits and ex pros,and alot of fans. I accept both views,yours included about three good years under current board.but you can never be complacent imo.I thought you were trying to coax me in to an argument about it.
    No worries mate. Look, I don't have any problem with folk criticising the board, be that STF as owner, Rod Petrie or Leeann Dempster. If I think its appropriate I'll do that myself and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too difficult to find a load of historic posts from me on here doing just that.

But in my opinion some of the criticism has been beyond excessive from certain quarters, not so much even in what has been said though that's bad enough, but in the way it has been said. At the end of the day what has happened here is that a football club has parted ways with its manager …. Neil Lennon had done a decent job and it would be churlish to say he hadn't, but that's the sum total of it. There were worrying signs ( at least to me ) that he was scratching his head on the way forward and his inability to deal with a misfiring forward line or make best use of what was available to him was becoming more evident with every passing game. Even then I didn't think he was anywhere near the sacking stage and I was as surprised as anybody when things worked out the way they did. But one thing is for sure, give me more money to prove your ambition is a wish at a club like Hibs, not a managerial strategy … and if the fans saying that was behind his falling out with the club are correct then its no surprise he has been moved on.

That having been said, the way some folk have reacted you would think Hibs had released a statement saying we have just realised Neil Lennon is ginger and we cant have folk like that at the club, he has to go. The way they are reacting you would think Neil Lennon was showing signs of being the greatest manager in our history, when in fact evidence of that possibility was yet to be provided in any significant measure. Was he a character that fans felt protective towards because of all the crap he has had to take from other clubs fans and the sectarian abuse he has suffered? Of course he was, but that IMO is one of the reasons the vitriol aimed at the club and especially Leeann Dempster over this affair has been so over the top.

In their understandable determination to show support for a guy who has for sure had to put up with really tough times, not only from bigots but from his own internal demons, some folk have forgotten that its Hibernian football club they support, not Neil Lennon.

I know a fair few folk aren't going to agree with that, but from where I'm sitting it sure as hell looks that way.

"Unrelenting stained attack" hyperbole at its finest.

Let's not turn this into "everyone hates Hibs" that's sevco mentality

First choice all along I've heard, I'm hearing, so I'm led to believe.