hibs.net Messageboard

Threaded View

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar

Am I Mr Invisible?

Probably an age thing, but I'm finding more and more these days that when walking I always seem to be the person that waits to let someone pass, makes a detour around or moves to one side to make way for what I would describe as ignorant sods that haven't got any sense of whats happening around them

In my office for example we have a keep left policy so in corridors and stairways you can pass one another without issue, but there always seems to be a group of people (men and/or women) walking 2 or sometimes 3 abreast taking the whole corridor width, talking and oblivious to anyone approaching them. I've recently taken to standing my ground and letting them bump into me or wait till they suddenly realise there's an obstruction and they have to "give way" I usually receive a how dare you stand in front of me glare.

Similarly the amount of people that want to stop on stairs or at a doorway and have a chat with a mate, again oblivious to anone trying to get past.

I don't get any satisfaction out of doing this but what else can you do? I have however learned to my cost to never take on a wifey pushing a shopping trolley, carrying bags or pushing a buggie.

Anyone know if there's an "I want to walk in a straight line" support group?
    Last edited by Alfiembra; 11-02-2019 at 12:42 PM.