hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They don't have an Academy though.
    Maybe they are right?

"... at a cost of around £2m a year, Brentford decided it was simply too much of a risk that their academy – with so much competition on its doorstep in London – would produce enough first-team players to make that investment worthwhile. Instead they are focused on recruiting young players between 17 and 20 who have been released by academies in the Premier League, as well as talent from “undervalued markets” overseas."

https://www.theguardian.com/football...eague-outcasts

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Sarf View Post
    Maybe they are right?

"... at a cost of around £2m a year, Brentford decided it was simply too much of a risk that their academy – with so much competition on its doorstep in London – would produce enough first-team players to make that investment worthwhile. Instead they are focused on recruiting young players between 17 and 20 who have been released by academies in the Premier League, as well as talent from “undervalued markets” overseas."

https://www.theguardian.com/football...eague-outcasts
    Maybe, but they're competing against everyone else in trying to pick up young raw players.

It's good that you've found a passion for them, though. I've tried to support York, but there's no emotional connection at all.

Maybe when they move to their new stadium, things will change, but I somehow doubt it.

I can't see me caring that much for Leeds either, but maybe if they get promoted I'll see things differently.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Maybe, but they're competing against everyone else in trying to pick up young raw players.

It's good that you've found a passion for them, though. I've tried to support York, but there's no emotional connection at all.

Maybe when they move to their new stadium, things will change, but I somehow doubt it.

I can't see me caring that much for Leeds either, but maybe if they get promoted I'll see things differently.
    Like you, I found it impossible to support various London teams I "auditioned". Imagine supporting Chelsea for example! But I need my football fix and found Brentford very similar to Hibs in many ways: size, support, sporadic success, passion, local-ness, sense of humour, etc.

However I'll always be a Hibby and would return to live in Edinburgh in a second if it were possible. And I still find it a very strange feeling supporting another team.

29 December
    1. Liverpool 54pts
    3. Man City 44pts

6th February
    1. Man City 62pts
    2. Liverpool 62pts

I have wagers on Leeds and Norwich Not to mention with Huddersfield and Bolton to go down also - singles and doubled - and same with Lincoln and Sunderland

I love English football... I'm a Cityzen at the Etihad.

I have been to a number of grounds since working in North West for last two years... atmosphere at nearly every game is better than similar at a similar Scottish game. A few bevvies inside the ground helps IMHO..
    Last edited by IWasThere2016; 12-02-2019 at 11:18 AM.

I'm a Cardiff fan so I've been watching very closely especially the bottom. I think we will probably go down. We just don't have the strength in depth required.

I hope Fulham go down after spending all that money. Fulham fan at start of season in my work was very cocky.