hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True, although unless is more to the story than has been revealed so far, KT chose to dump his old agent and willingly signed a contract with McKay.
    Yes I know. And I was raging at the time, particularly at the DR articles. But I'm now choosing to believe that he did so out of gullibility rather than badness. McKay has clearly hoodwinked cleverer men than KT in his time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    He lives in Monaco.
    There you go then!

And the tax there compared to here is..?

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    Indeed. McKay wants his money. He could see difficulties ahead. Why wouldn't he? After all he is an utter sccumbag. I hope he receives absolutely nothing. I recall his son telling Sala that the flight to Cardiff wouldn't cost him anything. That flight would have cost at least 2500 alone. Tells you everything you need to know about Willie McKays football agency. Utter cockroaches.
    From what I understand the type of licence the pilot had did not allow him to get paid for his services so he has either volunteered to do the flight for free as a favour to McKay or he has been given a backhander from McKay to do it.

If Cardiff's insurance only just covers the actual transfer fee and they are going to have to stump up their own money to pay McKay's fees when he looks to be culpable for Sala being on that plane in the first place they will probably do everything they can to avoid that.

Its unlikely that there is an issue with paying the money to Nantes and more to do with waiting for an investigation to be done that allows Cardiff to with-hold payment from McKay.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was McKay himself that leaked this to the press in order to put pressure on Cardiff to make the payment to Nantes so that he gets his cut as soon as possible before any investigations are carried out.

#persevered

I see he's a convicted coke head as well (Sept 2012). Just WHY would any self respecting footballer want to tie up with this absolute crook?!!

@hibs.net private member
    Blog Entries
    I see he's a convicted coke head as well (Sept 2012). Just WHY would any self respecting footballer want to tie up with this absolute crook?!!
    Because it would probably rule out about 50 percent of all agents ..

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    There you go then!

And the tax there compared to here is..?
    For companies? 33%, as opposed to 19% here.

No Income Tax though.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Would the pilot not have had insurance? I possibly missed that part of the story.
    I read an article over the weekend, the authorities are finding it difficult to ascertain ownership of the aircraft. Allegations it was registered in the US as they have more relaxed maintenance regimes compared to UK, even though the plane exclusively flew around the UK/Europe.
    If there's any doubt on the legitimacy of the flight the insurers may delay payment,,,,

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    any chance that Mckay,or son, could end up getting sued from anyone somewhere down the line

If I were Sala's family, or Cardiff City, or any given part of the authorities looking to be inquisitive I would be wanting to examine very closely who exactly commissioned the flight and on what basis.

I'd want to consider carefully what due diligence was carried out by all parties concerned before putting in jeopardy the life of a young man. I would very particularly want to see any correspondence of any sort sent to Sala from any party or parties instructing him to take that flight.

Then I'd want to instruct a good lawyer to pursue damages if possible for negligence of any sort that may result in criminal, financial and certainly reputational damage for those responsible. And if any of those responsible should turn out to be football agents then cosmic karma will have done its job.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Because it would probably rule out about 50 percent of all agents ..
    These days Im never really surprised when I meet someone who likes a bit of coke, it's absolutely rife these days. Football agents, media types, journalists, music industry, I'd just assume most of them do.