hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Willie McKay and Emiliano Salah

An excellent article here by Daniel Taylor. Hibs fans with memories will recall Willie McKay and the kind of person he is.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ames-hard-face

Sala u mean 😀

Agents! 😤😡

All very tasteless to be squabbling about money at this moment in time. A young man has tragically lost his life and hasn't even been laid to rest yet. Just shows how much greed can take over some people. That McKay sounds like an absolute slime ball of a character. He certainly stirred a lot of **** up with hibs when the OF were sniffing around Brown and Thompson in 2007, not interested a jot in what was best for their young careers but just out to milk as much cash out of them for himself as he could.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    “The reliably noxious McKay.”

Sums it up about right.

As I said on another thread, Nantes don’t seem to be in the wrong here. Football is business and the deal was done. They are due £15m.

It is folk like McKay and Cardiff who have questions to answer about leaking details to the media. What does that achieve other than prolonging the grief for people who knew Sala?

Awkward and this should all be done in private IMO.

A business transaction has taken place.
    A plane has crashed and 2 people have died.
    The business transaction is unaffected IMO.

Insurance will cover it all - the agents will also have some insurance to cover their financial feeding frenzy.

The transfer fee has been the elephant in the room since the plane disappeared and it was just a question of time before the grubby issue of moneys due broke free.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    [QUOTE=chrisski33;5705009]Sala u mean 😀[/QUOTE

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The transfer fee has been the elephant in the room since the plane disappeared and it was just a question of time before the grubby issue of moneys due broke free.
    Monies, you mean?

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Sorry to talk about money and business when two people have died, but....

Back in the day when I worked in Financial Services, if a business (eg Cardiff City) had a valuable and costly asset (eg Emiliano Salah), you would insure that asset/person against loss (eg his death, sorry again for the cold. heartless business terms being used here).

Wonder if Cardiff have tried to save a few quid on insurance premiums or been a bit slow in sorting out a policy. IIRC, was called Keyman Insurance or similar? Think a few clubs and insurance agents might be scurrying around and sorting out policies for players that are hopping off and on private planes etc.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    Insurance will cover it all - the agents will also have some insurance to cover their financial feeding frenzy.
    Apparently, Cardiff's insurance is limited to £16m. Not enough to cover transfer fee, the agreed salary, agents fees etc.

Left by mutual consent!
    Where’s the pilot? Thinking more and more something dodgy has went on there

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Where’s the pilot? Thinking more and more something dodgy has went on there
    Like what? Then why are they crowdfunding to recover his body?

When it comes to agents football is very much reaping the whirlwind. For over a century it utterly took the piss out of the players, paying them peanuts compared to the income through crowds and latterly TV and sponsorship they generated.

It was totally understandable that when some savvy folk realised there was money to be made by representing the players and putting a stop to them being utterly exploited by clubs the charlatans and spivs would take the situation and turn it into a greed fest.

Once again football's own greed will prevent it taking the action it should. If they were serious about stopping these leeches sucking the game dry they would bring in a cap on transfer fees and insist that the player's cut pays out to his agent and that the percentage the agent gets from that cut is also capped. But the truth is clubs are so busy cutting each others throats to sign the best players they will continue to let the tail wag the dog.

It may bee unseemly to see Nantes asking for their money so quickly ….. but the truth is they were due it on the day it was scheduled to be paid and Cardiff's apparent search for a loophole or other avenue which will prevent them from having to pay it is far more reprehensible if you ask me.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    Like what? Then why are they crowdfunding to recover his body?
    Pretty heartless that they never recovered the body of the pilot the same time they got the players body.

Will the plane ever be recovered ?

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Pretty heartless that they never recovered the body of the pilot the same time they got the players body.

I think they would have recovered it if it had been there to be recovered.

The pilot may have ejected, the plane may have broken up but there's no way they would leave the pilot's body in there if there was a chance of recovering it.

I don't think the plane will be recovered, pretty sure I heard that it would be too difficult but they still hope to be able to get enough info to work out the cause of the crash.

The thing I didn't like about the whole business was how quickly they called off the official search and how soon the crowdfunded search actually managed to find the wreckage. Relatives were close to having to spend their whole lives wondering what happened to the plane. A little bit of crowdfunding and at least some of them will have answers.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I think they would have recovered it if it had been there to be recovered.

The pilot may have ejected, the plane may have broken up but there's no way they would leave the pilot's body in there if there was a chance of recovering it.

I don't think the plane will be recovered, pretty sure I heard that it would be too difficult but they still hope to be able to get enough info to work out the cause of the crash.

The thing I didn't like about the whole business was how quickly they called off the official search and how soon the crowdfunded search actually managed to find the wreckage. Relatives were close to having to spend their whole lives wondering what happened to the plane. A little bit of crowdfunding and at least some of them will have answers.
    Is that part about the official search right? I'm sure the private search and official search worked together and split the search area between them.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

The pilot’s body wasn’t there to be recovered, only one body in the wreckage.

In terms of possible recovery, the plane isn’t that deep to make it too difficult, just need the right vessel with appropriate lifting equipment on site according to the guy that lead the successful search.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 11-02-2019 at 06:32 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    The pilot’s body wasn’t there to be recovered, only one body in the wreckage.

In terms of possible recovery, the plane isn’t that deep to make it too difficult, just need the right vessel with appropriate lifting equipment on site according to the guy that lead the successful search.
    Who would be liable to cover the costs of lifting the plane. Also what would they achieve in doing this. Don't think planes that size have a black box.

I thought the plane had already been recovered?

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I thought the plane had already been recovered?
    Found- but its still on the sea floor

Im assuming the pilot was ejected on impact - i haven’t seen any pics on the front of the plane so in assuming it was broken up

The pilots body, unfortunately may never be recovered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    An excellent article here by Daniel Taylor. Hibs fans with memories will recall Willie McKay and the kind of person he is.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ames-hard-face
    This could get very messy

Indeed. McKay wants his money. He could see difficulties ahead. Why wouldn't he? After all he is an utter sccumbag. I hope he receives absolutely nothing. I recall his son telling Sala that the flight to Cardiff wouldn't cost him anything. That flight would have cost at least £2500 alone. Tells you everything you need to know about Willie McKays football agency. Utter cockroaches.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    Indeed. McKay wants his money. He could see difficulties ahead. Why wouldn't he? After all he is an utter sccumbag. I hope he receives absolutely nothing. I recall his son telling Sala that the flight to Cardiff wouldn't cost him anything. That flight would have cost at least £2500 alone. Tells you everything you need to know about Willie McKays football agency. Utter cockroaches.

The emails between Sala & McKay's son were horrible. Sala was then texting everyone saying he was flying by private jet to Cardiff. Instead he ends up in a tiny single engined prop plane flown by a part time pilot with no commercial licence. Poor young man, he must have been consumed with doubts but got on that plane.

@hibs.net private member
    Hope they get relegated again next season.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Is it the original pilot that's been arrested? Who then passed the job off onto the guy who eventually flew it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    Is it the original pilot that's been arrested? Who then passed the job off onto the guy who eventually flew it.
    Apparently so.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    From what I understand the type of licence the pilot had did not allow him to get paid for his services so he has either volunteered to do the flight for free as a favour to McKay or he has been given a backhander from McKay to do it.

If Cardiff's insurance only just covers the actual transfer fee and they are going to have to stump up their own money to pay McKay's fees when he looks to be culpable for Sala being on that plane in the first place they will probably do everything they can to avoid that.

Its unlikely that there is an issue with paying the money to Nantes and more to do with waiting for an investigation to be done that allows Cardiff to with-hold payment from McKay.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was McKay himself that leaked this to the press in order to put pressure on Cardiff to make the payment to Nantes so that he gets his cut as soon as possible before any investigations are carried out.

No doubt McKays company isn't UK registered either... No doubt be an offshore company, off the register. Greed, greed, greed.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    No doubt McKays company isn't UK registered either... No doubt be an offshore company, off the register. Greed, greed, greed.
    He lives in Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    He lives in Monaco.
    There you go then!

And the tax there compared to here is..?