hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Where were yous

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you put a hobby before civility ...
    I had to.

My other half is a Rovers fan. So, despite my instinct to be a fud, I had to show face yesterday and sling abuse at the South stand.

As I'm still thawing out, I think I prefer fudness.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Can you give us a list of differentials then and where they rank on the fud scale in terms folk choosing to spend there time and money watching Hibs or not?

Why are people taking this so seriously. You can spent money however you want. You can do whatever you want. I can think whatever I want.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post
    If it’s Hearts away the only folk getting tickets will be season ticket holders. By your statement ST holders are “fair weather fans”?

These the people who stump up hundreds of pounds each season to support the club?

Really? Have a word.
    Where we they all yesterday?

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

Why are people taking this so seriously. You can spent money however you want. You can do whatever you want. I can think whatever I want.
    So it goes back to the fact you judge people based on how they spend their time and money. Fair enough.

Well. For the record. Here’s my “excuse”.

I’m in Vancouver at the moment. Just missed my “mercy flight” back to take in the game.
    Shame on me.

Have also just realised I’ll be in Portugal for the QFs. Aarrgghh no!! I can feel the peasants revolting against me already!!

I did make the Elgin game though, so that must count for something or am I now at the stage where I should seriously consider handing back my ST as punishment for non attendance of SC games.

Answers on a postcard please.

Highlighted this in the last round and got the usual digs. I live in England and can't get to many games. Hibs are in my mind the peoples team and have a certain passion that Hearts in particular don't have but if we are so passionate we should not blank the cup games or be low key in the less attractive games at home in the league. We are always up for the derby but few else at home. Note the away fans make noise.
    **** home cup crowd again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_F View Post
    I was in Lanzarote, watched the Hibs tv feed on a YouTube live stream..

Was decent sitting in 23 degrees, beer in hand..

Cheers
    You dancer!! I'm there in a couple of weeks. Fortunately we're not at home so I don't have to report my non attendance

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Levein poking fun at our attendance in his post match presser

So it goes back to the fact you judge people based on how they spend their time and money. Fair enough.
    No, I judge them for abondoning their team.

If someone was spending all their time and money on Nazi propoganda would you judge them? oh no, can't do that, thats unspeakable.

I don't actually care about how people spend their money or time. They are just ''supporting'' the wrong side if they decide to stop when we lose.

No, I judge them for abondoning their team.

If someone was spending all their time and money on Nazi propoganda would you judge them?

I don't actually care about how people spend their money or time. They are just ''supporting'' the wrong side if they decide to stop when we lose.
    What side should they be supporting?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    If we get to the final, does anyone fancy buying up as many tickets as we can between us then selling them for profit on StubHub?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    What side should they be supporting?
    Celtic, a team that they can always go and see because they'll always win.

Testimonial Due
    Where we they all yesterday?
    Irrelevant, whilst of course the attendance is disappointing there are many in sure who would have gone but couldn’t (myself included), those who decided to do something different with family or whatever and those who simply couldn’t be arsed and fancied a “day off” the point is you are accusing circa 7,000 season ticket holders many who have been so for a very long time of being fair weather fans which I’m sorry to say is just wrong (in my opinion).

Many things came together yesterday to affect the crowd, the fact it is an extra chargeable game, the egg chasing (which also makes the traffic worse) and the weather forecast.

I remember the days when a “perk” of holdin a ST was that it included cup game but the club decided they couldn’t take the hit of having to pay out the share of the gate receipts to the other club based on the attendance on the day including the ST holders who had got in “free”, this decision is what in reality has lead to the sharp decline in home cup game attendances but that suits the club as it saves them money to have the seats empty.

Can’t have it all ways.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    So did the oP just take the pin out lob the grenade and get the popcorn out :) ?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Celtic, a team that they can always go and see because they'll always win.
    You ever thought about a career in marketing? 😁
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 10-02-2019 at 07:54 PM.

If someone was spending all their time and money on Nazi propoganda would you judge them? oh no, can't do that, thats unspeakable.

I think you've lost the plot a tad.

You ever thought about a career in marketing? 😁
    Maybe we could bring out a season ticket for fuds where we only have to pay for games when we’re winning and can get a rebate when we’re getting beat 😀

I’d certainly buy it.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Class of 72-73 View Post
    Highlighted this in the last round and got the usual digs. I live in England and can't get to many games. Hibs are in my mind the peoples team and have a certain passion that Hearts in particular don't have but if we are so passionate we should not blank the cup games or be low key in the less attractive games at home in the league. We are always up for the derby but few else at home. Note the away fans make noise.
    **** home cup crowd again.
    I also see Hibs as the peoples team of Edinburgh.

Maybe the people simply don’t have the same amount of spare disposable income that the rugby following cardigan wearers across town do.
    Last edited by Pagan Hibernia; 10-02-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Maybe we could bring out a season ticket for fuds where we only have to pay for games when we’re winning and can get a rebate when we’re getting beat 😀

I’d certainly buy it.
    🤣🤣🤣...

I’m in.

I’d certainly buy it.
    Trying to remember the name of the film about the patients in a psychiatric ward who started doing ads. Michael Keaton was in it. They'd have loved this account.

"Are you only going to attend games if we win? Well, **** off to Parkheid. We don't want your ****ing money. You're a fud."

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I think you've lost the plot a tad.
    No, not really. I don't actually give a monkies about how people spend their time, said nothing about that. Hibs have a massive, massive section of fairweather fans.

I was out all day for the mother in laws 60th.

Had to take my sons to that too.

Is that acceptable?

No, not really. I don't actually give a monkies about how people spend their time, said nothing about that. Hibs have a massive, massive section of fairweather fans.
    Your second sentence contradicts your first.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    I was out all day for the mother in laws 60th.

Had to take my sons to that too.

Is that acceptable?
    Naw: the mother-in-law is mair important than Hibs? Les Dawson will be turning in his grave.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Trying to remember the name of the film about the patients in a psychiatric ward who started doing ads. Michael Keaton was in it. They'd have loved this account.

"Are you only going to attend games if we win? Well, **** off to Parkheid. We don't want your ****ing money. You're a fud."
    It’s not the film you’re talking about but I certainly picture a few characters from One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest whilst reading this thread 😂

Not for the first or last time we`ve got a thread ( actually two ) with some fans understandably frustrated by low turnout arguing with others who for very good reasons didn`t go to match or went but understand numerous reasons why others didn`t . These arguments will always exist but I just hope club take note of some of the reasons why many fans don`t go for example :
    1. Pricing . Am aware that both clubs have a say but 18/20 quid is still a lot for a game against a third tier club . One of the things I`ve always liked about SC ties has been the big travelling supports ( whether ours like at Killie in 2013 or Kirkcaldy in 2016 or away fans at ER like Raith yesterday ) and I`m sure the club could do more to boost crowds and improve atmosphere and create some goodwill . I`m no millionaire but would happily give Hibs ( or some scheme like Kicks For Kids but for individual matches ) 50 quid a season to pay for tickets for kids or others who couldn`t afford to go to matches like yesterday . Maybe some incentive for people who go to cup matches for final if we reach it too . I know Hibs fans who don`t have season tickets but go to all cup matches home or away ( older fans who remember days of huge cup crowds against Motherwell , Dundee etc ) plus some league matches .
    2. Ticketing problems . Read quite a number of complaints here about problems buying tickets some suggesting problems even stopped people going .
    3. Rugby - some folk don`t like idea or don`t understand fact that rugby matches reduce crowds but fact is they do . Some fans buy rugby tickets or make plans a year in advance and loads of Hibs fans also work in hotels , pubs , shops , taxis etc which have an extra workload at rugby weekends . Plus more expensive train tickets for fans who travel from afar . Could club not pressurise authorities for us not to be at home at same time as Murrayfield matches ? Am aware that police probably prefer us to be at home than Hearts when there are matches at Murrayfield but this weekend it would have been easy for our match to have been today even if Hearts were playing . Encouraging visiting rugby fans to go to a Hibs match has been suggested for many years especially when Ireland play at Murrayfield ( no flag debate just common sense ) . I remember going to a Hibs v Swansea Friday friendly in the 70s ( ? ) on the day before Wales played at Murrayfield . There were only about 4000 at the game but that included about a hundred Welsh rugby fans .

It’s not the film you’re talking about but I certainly picture a few characters from One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest whilst reading this thread 😂
    Can I be the boy who pulls the eye out of the fish they caught, then, just as you think he's going to eat it, he puts it back?

The Dream Team....😁

Now there's a marketing opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Not for the first or last time we`ve got a thread ( actually two ) with some fans understandably frustrated by low turnout arguing with others who for very good reasons didn`t go to match or went but understand numerous reasons why others didn`t . These arguments will always exist but I just hope club take note of some of the reasons why many fans don`t go for example :
    1. Pricing . Am aware that both clubs have a say but 18/20 quid is still a lot for a game against a third tier club . One of the things I`ve always liked about SC ties has been the big travelling supports ( whether ours like at Killie in 2013 or Kirkcaldy in 2016 or away fans at ER like Raith yesterday ) and I`m sure the club could do more to boost crowds and improve atmosphere and create some goodwill . I`m no millionaire but would happily give Hibs ( or some scheme like Kicks For Kids but for individual matches ) 50 quid a season to pay for tickets for kids or others who couldn`t afford to go to matches like yesterday . Maybe some incentive for people who go to cup matches for final if we reach it too . I know Hibs fans who don`t have season tickets but go to all cup matches home or away ( older fans who remember days of huge cup crowds against Motherwell , Dundee etc ) plus some league matches .
    2. Ticketing problems . Read quite a number of complaints here about problems buying tickets some suggesting problems even stopped people going .
    3. Rugby - some folk don`t like idea or don`t understand fact that rugby matches reduce crowds but fact is they do . Some fans buy rugby tickets or make plans a year in advance and loads of Hibs fans also work in hotels , pubs , shops , taxis etc which have an extra workload at rugby weekends . Plus more expensive train tickets for fans who travel from afar . Could club not pressurise authorities for us not to be at home at same time as Murrayfield matches ? Am aware that police probably prefer us to be at home than Hearts when there are matches at Murrayfield but this weekend it would have been easy for our match to have been today even if Hearts were playing . Encouraging visiting rugby fans to go to a Hibs match has been suggested for many years especially when Ireland play at Murrayfield ( no flag debate just common sense ) . I remember going to a Hibs v Swansea Friday friendly in the 70s ( ? ) on the day before Wales played at Murrayfield . There were only about 4000 at the game but that included about a hundred Welsh rugby fans .

I remember when a school night on a Sunday meant a bath, last of the summer wine, then sleep.

Technology eh...