hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where were yous

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Blew the price of a season ticket going to the Elgin and Motherwell games so couldnt stretch to this one sadly.

Still behind the club though.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 10-02-2019 at 09:07 AM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So people only buy ST when it's good?
    Yes. Season ticket sales go up after a good season and down after a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    No, it’s just a coincidence that our record season ticket numbers coincided with a Scottish Cup win, promotion and 4th and not under say the Fenlon era.
    Must be a concern for the Board, when working on budgets etc. A good Cup run will help hopefully. And a good end to the season in League.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    well done to those who went along.

best thing hibs can do is, if we get hearts away in next round, or a tasty semifinal tie and for the final itself, take previous cup run attandance into account.

if you couldnt be a×sed going along yesterday then i dont want to hear if you cant get a ticket for the quarters or the final
    I see your point if it's Hearts away in the next round but for the semi and final we'll hopefully get at least 25,000 tickets so even if the 7,000 who turned up yesterday all get guaranteed a ticket then there's still almost 20,000 on offer to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I see your point if it's Hearts away in the next round but for the semi and final we'll hopefully get at least 25,000 tickets so even if the 7,000 who turned up yesterday all get guaranteed a ticket then there's still almost 20,000 on offer to everyone else.
    ST holders will be gauranteed ticket no matter what in that scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    ST holders will be gauranteed ticket no matter what in that scenario
    I know but I was assuming the poster I quoted was wanting just those who have attended the Elgin and Raith Rovers games to be guaranteed a ticket and was thinking that this may mean that those who didn't attend may struggle to get a ticket and I was just pointing out that wouldn't be the case.

I was stuck at work, but I had added the game to my season card.
    Sadder still, no one wanted to use it

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I know but I was assuming the poster I quoted was wanting just those who have attended the Elgin and Raith Rovers games to be guaranteed a ticket and was thinking that this may mean that those who didn't attend may struggle to get a ticket and I was just pointing out that wouldn't be the case.
    Sorry mate, mis-read you

Don’t worry mate!

Im sure everyone will want a ticket for the inevitable next round fixture, Hearts away.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Assuming you think the crowd size was exaggerated? Why would we do that? We would have to give money away to Raith as we split the gate.
    Indeed, this 100%.

So, if we are to go full "conspiracy", Hibs exaggerated the crowd requiring us to (a) give Raith more money and (b) pay tax on the income, simply in order to piss off a few on Hibs.net

There may have been a few that bought a ticket and didnt turn up, but the announced crowd will have been the tickets bought.

Surprisingly busy in my section of West upper - despite me trying to scare everyone off with my hacking cough (should have been in bed, do I get more uber points?)

@hibs.net private member
    No offence to the thread starter but these 'where were you?' type threads are becoming tiresome. It's not only Hibs who are affected by low attendances in cup ties since cup games aren't included in a season ticket.
    I had the game added to my season card and went along. Must admit, I had to force myself out the door though due to a combination of getting auld and feeling cauld. I missed the extra bodies around about me in the FF upper, it made it seem even caulder. :(

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I'd normally try to get to Cup games and I considered coming up for the day, but with Scotland being at home again, train fares were through the roof.

I spent over £110 last week to see the Aberdeen game. I couldn't justify even more for Raith Rovers.

It's a long, long day when I do go so sometimes it's hard to find the motivation even for bigger games.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

We should shut the upper tiers for games in the cup like yesterdays. At least the atmosphere would feel better with the lower tiers crammed.

Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    I know before I even say what I’m going to say I’ll get slaughtered, but that crowd today was disgusting, we couldn’t even sell the seats to season ticket holders, 5th round of the Scottish Cup, 9000 fans, take away their 1500, embarrassing to say the least.
    It was a cold day, there was a Rugby match on, we don’t have a manager, we’ve been playing *****, help yourself too an excuse, today was a good day, into the quarters, not even the singing section turned up in numbers. There were about twenty and good on them, they tried their best.
    We want the best, we want to finish top six, another cup win would be great, we want to be the best in Edinburgh, no chance, absolutely no chance, today that other mob play a Junior team and there will be more at that game, guaranteed.
    The team ran out today looking at the East Terracing, more than half empty, the famous five, a third full, the away stand, 1500 away fans, good on them, they deserved to get a win today, never looked like it, but they deserved it. We will never compete with the bigot brothers, we know that, but we should still be getting 14, 15000 for a game like this. There is no way we can attract a level of player that we want unless we support the club in games such as this. No complaints this time about the cost, no complaints about the performance, this was a game shouting out to bring a bit of confidence back to the team, which it did, and a decent crowd would have showed that we were right behind them, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case, this crowd today was like a blast from the past when this club probably didn’t deserve more, but it’s different now, they deserve much more. Don’t blame The usual crap like, Petrie, he’s not now the decision maker, Lennon, he’s off because he wanted it, worked his ticket, left us all to listen to ***** from his ex colleagues like Sutton, the Glasgow media, slandering our club, when he himself could make a simple statement saying it’s all fechen lies, but does he, does he fxxx.
    You missed a good game of football today, you missed a team short on confidence coming together today, you missed a team trying to gel in new players, we know what we’ve lost and we should be well used to that, but don’t use that as an excuse, the feel good factor is back with this club, but it will only continue if we turn up with our support, especially for games like this.
    There I’ve said it. GGTTH
    Are you in primary 5 or 6 I am uncertain, just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    No offence to the thread starter but these 'where were you?' type threads are becoming tiresome. It's not only Hibs who are affected by low attendances in cup ties since cup games aren't included in a season ticket.
    I had the game added to my season card and went along. Must admit, I had to force myself out the door though due to a combination of getting auld and feeling cauld. I missed the extra bodies around about me in the FF upper, it made it seem even caulder. :(

Said the same to my mate yesterday, unless it's a big name the cup games seem to be attracting poor crowds everywhere, it's not just us. I'd imagine money and most games being available to watch on a stream in the boozer the likely reason.

First Team Breakthrough Seekyit's Avatar
    I was looking forward to the game, thought I might see a decent cup tie for all the wrong reasons; us not playing well and a big match for Raith. In the end it was pretty straightforward and I was freezing the whole time.

I guess it just wasn't an attractive enough tie for some.

Some amount of pish on these threads. I've been to Old Trafford for a champions league cup tie and I've been to the Emirates for a Europa League game, both teams probably have more people on a season ticket waiting list than we do actual season ticket holders and had gaps galore, for United I practically had a block myself in the Stretty Upper, yet people are expecting 15/16000 to turn up for Raith v Hibs at Easter Road LOL.

If you're single with a decent income its probably completely alien to you why people chose to not go. Football is expensive. People will compare £20 yesterday to English prices and think its cheap but its an expensive hobby, especially when you have kids that want to go. Lads I go with never missed a game, home and away we went every week for about 20 years regardless of time, place, ticket price, league position etc etc. We now generally goto 90% of the games a season (home/away/cups/friendlies). Games like these are a good chance to score brownie points with the kids and missus, or save a few quid. 2 out of 6 went yesterday. There was one who decided to take his daughter and pals to megabowl and mcdonalds seeing as the other 40 odd weekends of the year he's watching Hibs. One mad ******* thought it was a good idea to bag a munro (yep even in 50 mph winds) and the other thought **** it at last minute and put the £25-30 he saved towards his MOT, one thought £40 for 3 of them at the football or £24 for 4 of them at Vue Ocean Terminal was a no brainer. Part-timers but. Petrie!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Celtic had 27 season ticket holders missing last Scottish Cup tie and probably will have the same again missing today. Hearts will also have 5000 missing today as will the Dons. Happen's to everyone - get over it.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Some amount of pish on these threads. I've been to Old Trafford for a champions league cup tie and I've been to the Emirates for a Europa League game, both teams probably have more people on a season ticket waiting list than we do actual season ticket holders and had gaps galore, for United I practically had a block myself in the Stretty Upper, yet people are expecting 15/16000 to turn up for Raith v Hibs at Easter Road LOL.

If you're single with a decent income its probably completely alien to you why people chose to not go. Football is expensive. People will compare £20 yesterday to English prices and think its cheap but its an expensive hobby, especially when you have kids that want to go. Lads I go with never missed a game, home and away we went every week for about 20 years regardless of time, place, ticket price, league position etc etc. We now generally goto 90% of the games a season (home/away/cups/friendlies). Games like these are a good chance to score brownie points with the kids and missus, or save a few quid. 2 out of 6 went yesterday. There was one who decided to take his daughter and pals to megabowl and mcdonalds seeing as the other 40 odd weekends of the year he's watching Hibs. One mad ******* thought it was a good idea to bag a munro (yep even in 50 mph winds) and the other thought **** it at last minute and put the £25-30 he saved towards his MOT, one thought £40 for 3 of them at the football or £24 for 4 of them at Vue Ocean Terminal was a no brainer. Part-timers but. Petrie!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Celtic had 27 season ticket holders missing last Scottish Cup tie and probably will have the same again missing today. Hearts will also have 5000 missing today as will the Dons. Happen's to everyone - get over it.
    If they are only missing 27 season ticket holders that's pretty impressive😁

27 Celtic season ticket holders missing. I never realised the rest were so loyal!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    I know before I even say what I’m going to say I’ll get slaughtered, but that crowd today was disgusting, we couldn’t even sell the seats to season ticket holders, 5th round of the Scottish Cup, 9000 fans, take away their 1500, embarrassing to say the least.
    It was a cold day, there was a Rugby match on, we don’t have a manager, we’ve been playing *****, help yourself too an excuse, today was a good day, into the quarters, not even the singing section turned up in numbers. There were about twenty and good on them, they tried their best.
    We want the best, we want to finish top six, another cup win would be great, we want to be the best in Edinburgh, no chance, absolutely no chance, today that other mob play a Junior team and there will be more at that game, guaranteed.
    The team ran out today looking at the East Terracing, more than half empty, the famous five, a third full, the away stand, 1500 away fans, good on them, they deserved to get a win today, never looked like it, but they deserved it. We will never compete with the bigot brothers, we know that, but we should still be getting 14, 15000 for a game like this. There is no way we can attract a level of player that we want unless we support the club in games such as this. No complaints this time about the cost, no complaints about the performance, this was a game shouting out to bring a bit of confidence back to the team, which it did, and a decent crowd would have showed that we were right behind them, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case, this crowd today was like a blast from the past when this club probably didn’t deserve more, but it’s different now, they deserve much more. Don’t blame The usual crap like, Petrie, he’s not now the decision maker, Lennon, he’s off because he wanted it, worked his ticket, left us all to listen to ***** from his ex colleagues like Sutton, the Glasgow media, slandering our club, when he himself could make a simple statement saying it’s all fechen lies, but does he, does he fxxx.
    You missed a good game of football today, you missed a team short on confidence coming together today, you missed a team trying to gel in new players, we know what we’ve lost and we should be well used to that, but don’t use that as an excuse, the feel good factor is back with this club, but it will only continue if we turn up with our support, especially for games like this.
    There I’ve said it. GGTTH
    In the house.

Not that I, or anyone for that matter has to justify why they don't go to the gme, but I will anyway. I am currently on holiday in Spain, have been since new year's day and, much as I would have liked to have been at the same thought the travelling was just a wee bit too much. That okay with you? People have the right to vote with their feet when the football on show is well below standard.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

PS Celtic had 27 season ticket holders missing last Scottish Cup tie.
    It should be easy to name and shame them.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Just to put a bit of perspective on it, there was under 11,500 at Rugby Park last night with around 8,500 Huns meaning less than 3000 Killie fans went

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Just to put a bit of perspective on it, there was under 11,500 at Rugby Park last night with around 8,500 Huns meaning less than 3000 Killie fans went
    That's not much different to their normal attendance though.

Kilmarnock's attendances are dreadful.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Is it not the start of the school break this week ? there will be quite a few on holiday.
    Hmmm that might just be a factor but let’s steam in anyway.
    I thought measuring your club by attendance was something the jambos fixated on are we morphing?

Not historically the worst. It school holidays, weather, form who knows what happens in <50 days time? Probably played a part.

Not really too sure what the OP is looking for to name and shame folks that for whatever reason couldn’t make it?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Would imagine if we get a decent draw in next round the missing ones will return in the hunt for glory.Or will they stay away

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Is that not Super John McGlynn
    Couldn't quite make out their lyrics, but I assume it was along the lines of

We've got McGlynn
    Super John McGlynn
    We just don't think you understand
    He's the world's worst dressed man
    He's nothing like Zidane
    We've got Super John McGlynn.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    There were 10,501 there in 2014 when Raith put us out the cup at ER. However, we were still perceived to be on the 'up' under Butcher at that stage so no real surprise the crowd was a bit bigger than yesterday. However, it wasn't MUCH bigger and I don't really understand why folk were expecting anything more than 10k yesterday. Bar a couple of decent wins, our season has been on the slide since September and the last few weeks have seen the club swamped in negativity.

Crowds have, by and large, been superb for the last few years but it's not so long ago when 9k would have been a pretty commonplace crowd at ER. I'm old enough to remember crowds of less than 5k becoming the norm for games games against the likes of Motherwell and St Mirren in the early 80s so compared to those days we remain well supported. A couple of wins under the new boss and we'll see numbers rise again.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    There were 10,501 there in 2014 when Raith put us out the cup at ER. However, we were still perceived to be on the 'up' under Butcher at that stage so no real surprise the crowd was a bit bigger than yesterday. However, it wasn't MUCH bigger and I don't really understand why folk were expecting anything more than 10k yesterday. Bar a couple of decent wins, our season has been on the slide since September and the last few weeks have seen the club swamped in negativity.

Crowds have, by and large, been superb for the last few years but it's not so long ago when 9k would have been a pretty commonplace crowd at ER. I'm old enough to remember crowds of less than 5k becoming the norm for games games against the likes of Motherwell and St Mirren in the early 80s so compared to those days we remain well supported. A couple of wins under the new boss and we'll see numbers rise again.
    What was the official attendance given as?

This should really have been a thread about a drink-soaked half-time rant by LD.