hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi I'm new.

First Team Regular half.time.draw.'s Avatar

Talking Hi I'm new.

Hello All,
    I am new to posting on the Forum, although I have been following for a few years.
    Any way hope to get invloved in some decent discussion.

Mon the Hibees

2. Log in to remove the advert

You better get used to doubting Thomases for your first few posts
    But welcome aboard

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Ltyf.

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You better get used to doubting Thomases for your first few posts
    But welcome aboard

I Know, I expect the odd YAM comment, and rightly so, nothing worse than having the place hijacked by THEM.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Ltyf.
    I take it that's not a welcome

Quote Originally Posted by half.time.draw. View Post
    i'm surprised a hibs fan, who's been following this forum for a few years does not know what it means?

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Love to you forever.

BH being one of the most sensitive souls on here.
    Last edited by I'm_cabbaged; 03-08-2009 at 10:27 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    Welcome aboard the love train.

i'm surprised a hibs fan, who's been following this forum for a few years does not know what it means?

I took the last bit to mean YAM FUD as I said I expect the treatment until I become more familiar here.

HIBEES......

I took the last bit to mean YAM FUD as I said I expect the treatment until I become more familiar here.

HIBEES......
    Only messing, welcome aboard.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Welcome to the madhouse, please leave all sharp implements at the entrance and its recommended you wear slip-ons as you might be tempted to hang yourself with your shoelaces after reading the boards for a while.

Only messing, welcome aboard.

Cheers thanks for the welcome.

Hello All,
    I am new to posting on the Forum, although I have been following for a few years.

Mon the Hibees
    Welcome aboard the good ship lollipop.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Hello All,

Mon the Hibees
    Hibs.Net Induction Crash Course:

- You cannot post, sensible, logical, reasoned, well thought out posts. You must either be insanely ecstatic about stringing three passes together, with references to the Leith San Siro; or you must be on suicide watch where everyting is a 'disgrace', every player is 'not good enough' (until they are sold, then they are the crown jewels which the board is selling off so that Rod can build the moat for his house)

- No signing is ever 'Hibs class'. Those that become Hibs Class will have been predicted by 270 individual posters on here, who told us all along from the beginning what great quality the player would be. You will not be able to trace their posts to confirm this.

- All players ability improve dramatically during a victory or once sold. Our squad is increasingly weakened every season yet rather than be relegated as a result, our league placings and crowds are reasonably and consistently mediocre despite whoever is in the squad at any given time.

- Some posters on here have miserable lives, jobs and marriages. They don't have the guts nor self esteem to address those issues so Hibs become 'a ****** disgrace' instead. This depresses the rest of us. Misery loves company.

- Every manager we've ever had since the advent of the Internet Messageboard is 'Tactically Naive' Even if they then go on to be tactical geniuses elsewhere, they were devoid of that ability at ER.

- During a poor run of form, we hark back to any player that ever played ok for us once or twice, and insist that this player should return to the club and play in the 'Matty Jack Role'. When this does not happen, we use it as evidence that our board 'lack ambition'.

- LTYF does indeed mean 'Love To You Forever' Blackpool Hibs posted it whilst wearing a 'Kiss Me Kwik' hat. BH is our most sensitive poster, and enjoys nothing more than a spanking good discussion with other users.

- TQM, Scoopyboy, Derek HFC and myself are sometimes considered to be 'in the know' with regard to transfer news. Only two of us actually are and one of them isn't me. We tend to get news of deals a lot quicker than the majority of posters here however, because of our lines of work/contacts.

- You must make fun of the Yams, even when it's hypocritical and even when we're a much bigger laughing stock ourselves. Laughing at ourselves only depresses us. We are Bi-Polar.

- Rod Petrie, stands for all things good as a man of integrity and unimpeachable fiscal responsibility.

- The only goalkeepers who are good goalkeepers are bald goalkeepers. This means Stack, our new goalkeeper will become a bumbling inept journeyman when he makes his first mistake in Hibs colours. The accuracy of this prediction could allow you to reasonably conclude that he has already made his first mistake by agreeing to join the club in the first place. The coaching will be blamed once he has left the club, however.

Any other Hibs.Net fundamental principles and doctrines that I've missed lads and lasses?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post

- Some posters on here have miserable lives, jobs and marriages. They don't have the guts nor self esteem to address those issues so Hibs become 'a ****** disgrace' instead. This depresses the rest of us. Misery loves company.

Any other Hibs.Net fundamental principles and doctrines that I've missed lads and lasses?
    Would like to see this module expanded to cover the role of individual scapegoats within the Hibs team, as well as the need for the whole team/club to be branded a ****** disgrace from time to time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666

You must pick a Hibs player and dislike him immensly and berate his performance at every opportunity on the board.

(There are a lot of .netters looking for a new player at the moment after Alan O'Brien was released.)

Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post

You must pick a Hibs player and dislike him immensly and berate his performance at every opportunity on the board.

(There are a lot of .netters looking for a new player at the moment after Alan O'Brien was released.)
    Maybe there's a source of revenue for the club there in getting a 'sponsor the scapegoat' programme launched. The sponsors can have their names in the matchday magazine.

Current contenders:

Maka, DVZ, Hogg, McBride, Rankin, Nish.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: aberhibsfc
    Welcome to the board

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar

- You cannot post, sensible, logical, reasoned, well thought out posts. You must either be insanely ecstatic about stringing three passes together, with references to the Leith San Siro; or you must be on suicide watch where everyting is a 'disgrace', every player is 'not good enough' (until they are sold, then they are the crown jewels which the board is selling off so that Rod can build the moat for his house)

- No signing is ever 'Hibs class'. Those that become Hibs Class will have been predicted by 270 individual posters on here, who told us all along from the beginning what great quality the player would be. You will not be able to trace their posts to confirm this.

- All players ability improve dramatically during a victory or once sold. Our squad is increasingly weakened every season yet rather than be relegated as a result, our league placings and crowds are reasonably and consistently mediocre despite whoever is in the squad at any given time.

- Every manager we've ever had since the advent of the Internet Messageboard is 'Tactically Naive' Even if they then go on to be tactical geniuses elsewhere, they were devoid of that ability at ER.

- During a poor run of form, we hark back to any player that ever played ok for us once or twice, and insist that this player should return to the club and play in the 'Matty Jack Role'. When this does not happen, we use it as evidence that our board 'lack ambition'.

- LTYF does indeed mean 'Love To You Forever' Blackpool Hibs posted it whilst wearing a 'Kiss Me Kwik' hat. BH is our most sensitive poster, and enjoys nothing more than a spanking good discussion with other users.

- TQM, Scoopyboy, Derek HFC and myself are sometimes considered to be 'in the know' with regard to transfer news. Only two of us actually are and one of them isn't me. We tend to get news of deals a lot quicker than the majority of posters here however, because of our lines of work/contacts.

- You must make fun of the Yams, even when it's hypocritical and even when we're a much bigger laughing stock ourselves. Laughing at ourselves only depresses us. We are Bi-Polar.

- Rod Petrie, stands for all things good as a man of integrity and unimpeachable fiscal responsibility.

- The only goalkeepers who are good goalkeepers are bald goalkeepers. This means Stack, our new goalkeeper will become a bumbling inept journeyman when he makes his first mistake in Hibs colours. The accuracy of this prediction could allow you to reasonably conclude that he has already made his first mistake by agreeing to join the club in the first place. The coaching will be blamed once he has left the club, however.

Speedway, you forgot Sergey knows everything about the yams finances that we'd need to know.....
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Welcome Dude, hope you enjoy the ride.

@hibs.net private member
    Very good. And also very true (apart from TQM being in the know).

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Very good. And also very true (apart from TQM being in the know).
    Did I say he was?

@hibs.net private member
    Did I say he was?
    No you didn’t – I thought he was one of the 2 when I 1st read it.

@hibs.net private member

You must have at least 5000 posts to say anything remotely negative failure to do so will result in being called a "yam fud".Posting anything positive with less than 5000 posts will result in being called a "happy clapper".
    In any film with Italian American characters, one of them must be called Vinny -Roger Ebert

Quote Originally Posted by da-robster View Post
    You must have at least 5000 posts to say anything remotely negative failure to do so will result in being called a "yam fud".Posting anything positive with less than 5000 posts will result in being called a "happy clapper".
    Me too.

Wrong thread

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Hello All,

Mon the Hibees
    Let me just say one thing

GTF ya yam fud!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post

GTF ya yam fud!!!!!!!

Thats what I expected cheers for the banter lads..

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post

GTF ya yam fud!!!!!!!
    soarce

Thats what I expected cheers for the banter lads..
    What banter. It ain't kicked off yet.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Welcome mate

Keep yer head down and your stretch will fly by....dinnae be making wild threats if former players rejoin the club