hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MacLaren going?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was nice wish him all the best
    Me to, had a lot of time for the lad, didn't work for him this season unfortunately.

2. Log in to remove the advert

All the best to Jamie.

Pity it did not work out 2nd time round. Given his injuries, lack of game time and him being away at the Asian cup this was not good business by Hibs.

The 1st rule when signing a player in the summer is to get them in before pre season and get them fit.

MacLaren along with many others were signed late in the summer transfer window and did not get a pre season with us.

Result of this has been us constantly changing the first team due the squad not being fully fit and picking up numerous injuries.

Hope the new manager, the board and the recruitment team learn from this debacle.

Left by mutual consent!
    Everyone and their dog were delighted when we got McLaren back. He’s hardly kicked a ball for us in a side that’s struggled to put three passes together. He’s been out with a back injury and all of a sudden folk are quite happy he’s leaving. I don’t get it. He never got a good run in the team for anyone to judge him. No surprise that it’s been said that he fell out with Lennon. I would have liked to see him back and fit, playing up top alongside Kamberi again. A partnership that worked very well last season. What a shambles we’ve been left with.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Everyone and their dog were delighted when we got McLaren back. He’s hardly kicked a ball for us in a side that’s struggled to put three passes together. He’s been out with a back injury and all of a sudden folk are quite happy he’s leaving. I don’t get it. He never got a good run in the team for anyone to judge him. No surprise that it’s been said that he fell out with Lennon. I would have liked to see him back and fit, playing up top alongside Kamberi again. A partnership that worked very well last season. What a shambles we’ve been left with.
    I don't quite get it either. I don't see how he's played anywhere near enough football this season to allow people to have an opinion on him.

Surely his performances last season were enough to allow people to see how good he could be.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Sorry to see you go Jamie

Disappointed things did not work out for you second time around for whatever reason

Looking forward to watching you banging in the goals once again in the ALeague

Many thanks for the wonderful memories of last season and the goal that launched an aeroplane

All the best for the future

Your biggest fan

BILLYHIBS

Blog Entries
    I think we will have let MacLaren go with a fair degree of reluctance and trepidation, given the lack of movement on our incoming targets. I sensed that MacLaren was not fitting into the scheme of things and I’m glad he wasn’t asked to stay put against his will. I’d like to think that we can breath a sigh of relief in the next couple of hours but it’s not looking good. Bottom line tho’ is that we probably have enough powder in our keg to see us through to the end of the season unscathed.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Your 2nd sentence says it all. He hardly kicked a ball for us this season

I totally agree with you, TBH I didn’t think he was that great last season but proved he can get goals plus the Aussie fans rate him. We’re desperate for strikers and with him going we’re even more desperate. At the very least he was an option and he worked well with Kamberi. I would rather he at least stayed until summer!

Not the most gifted of footballers, but had a nice habit of poaching goals last season. IMHO, the two clear problems for him this season, were 1) the managers reluctance to give him any match time, and 2) the abject failure of our midfielders and wide men to supply any quality balls into danger areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    All the best to Jamie.

Pity it did not work out 2nd time round. Given his injuries, lack of game time and him being away at the Asian cup this was not good business by Hibs.

The 1st rule when signing a player in the summer is to get them in before pre season and get them fit.

MacLaren along with many others were signed late in the summer transfer window and did not get a pre season with us.

Result of this has been us constantly changing the first team due the squad not being fully fit and picking up numerous injuries.

Hope the new manager, the board and the recruitment team learn from this debacle.
    I agree with you on this. Maybe the early start for European football hindered us, injuries have gone against us and the squad rotation that seemed to be going on when we didn’t have a big enough squad to rotate wasn’t a help.

I really wish that we’d identify positions we needed to strangtuen and players we wanted to sign far earlier than we do. Granted, it wouldn’t have helped with injuries but it would have given us a better foundation for the season.

Good luck to Jamie. He seemed a really decent guy and potentially quite a decent poacher. It’s a pity that he never got to show it this season.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Would have been interesting to see how a new manager would have got on with Maclaren but he obviously didn't want to take the chance, fair play to him if he wanted away so he can actually play ganes

Shame it didn't work out this season. Suffered with injuries and much like kamberi he suffered from little service when he did feature. Thanks for the goals against Celtic rangers hearts and Aberdeen.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Pleased to see us replace him with better quality.

I have a feeling he will play a season with them, then, sold for a hefty profit.
    I liked McLaren.
    Good luck tae the guy.

his best moment was a determined goal v hearts in the natural order derby

the 5-5 game was a lennon ego trip (3-0 with 70 mins to go and rangers on the ropes) and it pales into insignificance compared to Jamie's goal to beat Levein & Co

wish jamie all the best, another who maybe didnt hit it off with neil lennon this season (possibly not jamie's fault)

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post

the 5-5 game was a lennon ego trip (3-0 with 70 mins to go and rangers on the ropes)
    You what??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Pleased to see us replace him with better quality.
    I had a mate who suffered from gash, gonorrhea aids syphilis and herpes, we kept him in a locked room with a 1/2 inch gap at the bottom of the door.

It was not so he could breath properly, it was so we could feed him safely with cheese slices and crackers.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    his best moment was a determined goal v hearts in the natural order derby

the 5-5 game was a lennon ego trip (3-0 with 70 mins to go and rangers on the ropes) and it pales into insignificance compared to Jamie's goal to beat Levein & Co

wish jamie all the best, another who maybe didnt hit it off with neil lennon this season (possibly not jamie's fault)
    Aye but for one brief wonderful minute at 3-0 up the whole of the UK thought HIBS were going to do the impossible and then the roof caved in

Its ***** being a hibby!

Great memories though

First Team Breakthrough
    Maclaren starts for Melbourne today. Game live on BT sports at 8.50am