hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard Lennon was responsible for BREXIT
    Don't forget the Financial Crash of 2008

2. Log in to remove the advert

This season is already finished

Let the new boss come in and we start AGAIN in August !!

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post

Man Utd would have said that when Jose gone - they had sense to get rid of a toxic manager at a manageable time.

We have some very good players in the squad nd the first few games of the season they showed how good they can be. Don’t write the season off yet, someone to raise spirits and confidence may do the world of good.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post

Here’s me thinking we are still in the cup and have the chance to finish top six, with all the financial benefits that an extended run and imprived league campaign would bring.

I’m not quite ready to write a large chunk of the season off quite yet. Lets see if the players respond positively first.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I had heard Efe had fallen out recently with Lennon, maybe why he triggered his clause.
    I was under The impression that Efe was happy to stay in Scotland because his family were settled here. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t that one of the main reasons we managed to sign him in the first place? So for him to activate a get out clause now, it certainly reeks of something not quite right, especially because there seems to be no immediate suitors currently in the offing which I find very strange. I concede that this is all conjecture on my part and a certain bit reading between the lines but it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibilities for him to have fallen out with Lennon.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    I was under The impression that Efe was happy to stay in Scotland because his family were settled here. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t that one of the main reasons we managed to sign him in the first place? So for him to activate a get out clause now, it certainly reeks of something not quite right, especially because there seems to be no immediate suitors currently in the offing which I find very strange. I concede that this is all conjecture on my part and a certain bit reading between the lines but it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibilities for him to have fallen out with Lennon.
    He stayed in Scotland to get his citizenship sorted

Thats now done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the Livi game, I thought Lennon did well summing up the frustrations most of us felt with Kamberi

"I don't know if it's a confidence thing or a lack of application but he's nowhere near as hungry as he was last season.

"This is a criticism but we've been sitting on this for weeks but we're getting no response from him. We maybe need to look at other avenues to get goals. That's up to him. We've been talking to him in private for a long time.

"It's his all-round work rate which isn't there. If you aren't doing that then we are a man down and that's not acceptable any more."

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandMoaner View Post
    i agree neither have I but it seems to be acceptable in football and I just wonder why that is
    I believe Sports Direct dock wages if you are late which is effectively fining them. If it's stated in the contract of employment that lateness ,or continued lateness , will result in a docking of wages then the employee won't have a leg to stand on.

Veering slightly off topic but I love how Michael Stewart seems to get under Potter’s skin. Potter now demanding an apology after Stewart claimed Potter tried to get him sacked from the BBC. Sounds just like the kind of cowardly, hypocritical behaviour we’ve come to expect from Potter.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    There's a school of thought on here, that I agree with, that booing, abusing players and being negative as fans at a game is not conductive to improving the players performance on the park. It does seem odd that many of the same people seem to have had no problem with NL very publicly doing exactly the same thing.

The constant berating of the players, singling people out and essentially abdicating all responsibility hasn't sat well with me. It's perfectly possible to be both a winner and a gracious loser. If the relationship between players and manager has broken down beyond repair I can't say I'm suprised; I wonder how many people in other professions would accept being told they are **** at their job in public every week.

Footballs changed. The stick without the carrot doesn't work anymore and IF the players have felt compelled to go to a senior manager to resolve the issue it suggests it goes beyond the usual heated exchanges that can happen from time to time.
    need a like button. ‘Aye been’ and ‘When I were a lad’ doesn’t wash.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Can you name some of the posters who don’t like fans booing but also don’t mind managers criticising them in public?

Definitely the same ones aye?
    Even if they're not, it's hardly the key point of the post is it?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    Veering slightly off topic but I love how Michael Stewart seems to get under Potter’s skin. Potter now demanding an apology after Stewart claimed Potter tried to get him sacked from the BBC. Sounds just like the kind of cowardly, hypocritical behaviour we’ve come to expect from Potter.
    Caretaker till the end of the season? It’d certainly noise up Levein 😀

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    MS just been voted best tv pundit ( and I know that ain’t hard). Potter hates him coz he can’t stand being criticised.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    He stayed in Scotland to get his citizenship sorted

Thats now done

So it had nothing at all to do with his family being settled then? That was what was being said at the time. I stand corrected
    Last edited by Weegreenman; 27-01-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Football employment, I guess it’s a two way street. Players get guaranteed, multi year contracts that seem largely watertight, if a player turns out to not be very good, tough, they still get their money. The flip side seems to be that they can be fined / docked wages if they don’t fulfill the obligations set out in their contract.

All they can be outright sacked on the spot for seems to be gross misconduct; violence, illegal behaviour and what not. They can be ‘sacked’ for other reasons, but that’d involve paying off the contract.

Managers seem to be closer to regular employees, they can be dismissed if they aren’t good enough, but they still seem to have fixed length contracts, so again, it’s a pay off. Or the gross misconduct again.

In general, it seems they’ve traded some employment rights for those guaranteed contracts and pay offs. Kind of like how contractors can have their contracts ended for no reason, no holiday or sick pay, all traded away for more money.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    MS just been voted best tv pundit ( and I know that ain’t hard). Potter hates him coz he can’t stand being criticised.
    Mikey Stewart is definitely one of the best pundits we have

Left by mutual consent!
    I actually think we have a better chance of getting players in now Lennon is gone. Players talk and if our players have been unhappy then surely it would influence others coming in?

Left by mutual consent!
    So so it had nothing at all to do with his family being settled then? That was what was being said at the time. I stand corrected
    No, it was it was all about being in th country two more years.

Gamer IDs

So so it had nothing at all to do with his family being settled then? That was what was being said at the time. I stand corrected
    I have a vague recollection of a move breaking down for him due to WP issues - possibly to Blackburn??

Left by mutual consent!
    Seems to be a major split in fans regarding Neil. Brining in SA now would work wonders fo moral.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    I have a vague recollection of a move breaking down for him due to WP issues - possibly to Blackburn??

I think I also vaguely remember that being mentioned. Sad really but I suppose Efe has got to do what’s best for him. There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of loyalty anymore. I thought he’d have at least seen the season out.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Great tweet from Michael Stewart the other day

Craig urgently needs to learn that power always comes with accountability but I do wish him all the best. I’d love to see Craig taste that elusive success before his career finishes......

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I actually think we have a better chance of getting players in now Lennon is gone. Players talk and if our players have been unhappy then surely it would influence others coming in?
    Really? We just sighed Gauld and Allan on a pre contract. Many players have gone out their way to say Lennon at Hibs was a factor in their signing. Players like kamberi’s (on sky sports):

"Kamberi: Lennon key to Hibs Return
    I like the success with the gaffer. I like working with him a lot and for me it was clear I wanted to come back.“

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Really? We just sighed Gauld and Allan on a pre contract. Many players have gone out their way to say Lennon at Hibs was a factor in their signing. Players like kamberi’s (on sky sports):

"Kamberi: Lennon key to Hibs Return
    I like the success with the gaffer. I like working with him a lot and for me it was clear I wanted to come back.“
    It appears that Lennon is a joy to work with when things are going well but a nightmare when things are going badly. The problem is that the issue may be with team selection and tactics which the players can't do much about

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    It appears that Lennon is a joy to work with when things are going well but a nightmare when things are going badly. The problem is that the issue may be with team selection and tactics which the players can't do much about
    Yep. To complicate it more..Lennon and his staff have also said some of the players do well when we are winning, and go into their shells when it gets tougher too ... many issues here. However, game day !! Let’s get right into them !

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Sounds about right and what we need is a manager that can galvanise the squad and get them back playing well again when things aren’t going well rather than putting the blame entirely on the players and making things worse

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    After the Livi game, I thought Lennon did well summing up the frustrations most of us felt with Kamberi

"I don't know if it's a confidence thing or a lack of application but he's nowhere near as hungry as he was last season.

"This is a criticism but we've been sitting on this for weeks but we're getting no response from him. We maybe need to look at other avenues to get goals. That's up to him. We've been talking to him in private for a long time.

"It's his all-round work rate which isn't there. If you aren't doing that then we are a man down and that's not acceptable any more."

This is a key point. It is entirely possible for two things to have happened at the same time: Kamberi to have had his head turned/lost interest/chosen for whatever reason to just phone in his performances and Lennon to have been speaking with him over a lengthy period and then just run our of patience and allowed his frustration to be expressed publicly.

I have a lot of sympathy for the argument that being played as a lone striker with balls hoofed at him isn't ideal for getting the best out of him. Equally this does not look to me like the same Kamberi who played for us last year. Where has the tireless energetic closing down of the opposition gone? Where is the hold-up play?

The hairdryer no doubt doesn't work as effectively now and the quid pro quo is that these are - or ought to be - elite sportsmen who are dedicated to their profession and their performance. Except we know that this isn't always the case from the various examples at differing clubs of players who don't conduct themselves professionally: drink, diet, drugs, bad attitude, negative dressing room influence, endless 'injuries', agitating for moves and so on.

The only really effective card a manager has to play these days is either arm round the shoulder (which won't work with every player) or dropping a player and then shifting them on. What do you do if the player concerned is one of your most expensive, very difficult to replace and has been key to both your first team plans for the season and a core part of your recruitment plan, but isn't responding to anything?

If Lennon is going for gross misconduct - IF it is that reason - then he would have to have been culpable in those circumstances. Let's not pretend though that there hasn't also been a squad problem with a number of our players seriously under performing. There has and they need to stand up and be counted, they've certainly no-one else to hide behind now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    There's a school of thought on here, that I agree with, that booing, abusing players and being negative as fans at a game is not conductive to improving the players performance on the park. It does seem odd that many of the same people seem to have had no problem with NL very publicly doing exactly the same thing.

The constant berating of the players, singling people out and essentially abdicating all responsibility hasn't sat well with me. It's perfectly possible to be both a winner and a gracious loser. If the relationship between players and manager has broken down beyond repair I can't say I'm suprised; I wonder how many people in other professions would accept being told they are **** at their job in public every week.

Footballs changed. The stick without the carrot doesn't work anymore and IF the players have felt compelled to go to a senior manager to resolve the issue it suggests it goes beyond the usual heated exchanges that can happen from time to time.
    Brilliant post

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar

So, he didn't know if it was a confidence thing but decided to publicly pan him for lack of effort anyway? Looking at his penalty efforts it was obvious his confidence was shot FFS.

Fair enough that fans didn't know what it was but it sure was Lennon's job to know that.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    How the **** did he know this was coming? Wish he'd said earlier as 3-1 Hibs would have had decent odds.