hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Deary me Stubbs

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah he won the Scottish Cup but everything else was a failure. John Hughes and Peter Houston have won the Scottish Cup, they have also failed and ain’t good enough
    How was everything else a failure?

Look who he brought to the club, look at where we where as a squad when he left to when it began.

Look at the football being played, hammering huns having hearts number magic semi finals. We came second behind a well prepared hearts ahead of Rangers the first season and two cup runs both to finals eventually took its toll in the league the second season. It was unrealistic to expect us to win the league in any of they seasons.

He didn’t take us up no, he brought back that something special though, made it a joy to go to games again and won us the Scottish Cup before leaving.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    You could probably find a reason not to give anyone any job.
    Think that’s a bit of an over exaggeration. Stubbs has had quite a similar career to Hughes and Houston

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Our form tailed off because of the number of games we played, because he got us to 2 Cup finals. It was totally worth it.
    Who in the right mind would swap going up ahead of they cup runs concluding in the Cup win of a lifetime. The guy was an inspiration. I must have groups of hibs friends completely separate from many because I’ve never ever heard anyone say anything but accolades for Stubbsy.

I see where your coming from. I love him for being the manager of the team who won us the Scottish Cup after 114 years. I have no issue with you or anybody else thinking he is good enough to come back. But I’m just sharing that I don’t think he is good enough and explained why. Whoever comes to the club will have my backing 100%.
    Fair enough, I do understand you having reservations but I'd be very happy to see it happen, even if it's just until the summer and we can reassess then.

Left by mutual consent!
    Think that’s a bit of an over exaggeration. Stubbs has had quite a similar career to Hughes and Houston
    What club did Hughes or Houston turn around? As far as I can remember they carried on the good work by previous managers.

Forget Stubbsy. He'll not be back for family reasons. We'll have to go for a completely different punter.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    How was everything else a failure?

Look who he brought to the club, look at where we where as a squad when he left to when it began.

Look at the football being played, hammering huns having hearts number magic semi finals. We came second behind a well prepared hearts ahead of Rangers the first season and two cup runs both to finals eventually took its toll in the league the second season. It was unrealistic to expect us to win the league in any of they seasons.

He didn’t take us up no, he brought back that something special though, made it a joy to go to games again and won us the Scottish Cup before leaving.
    He failed in getting us promoted which was our main target. Not good enough

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Stubbs will always be a legend but he’s only worth considering as a caretaker until the end of the season if that’s the route the board choose to go down.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I think he left because of the thing we all know about but can't discuss on here. It's also why I don't think we will approach him now.
    Hi Jeffers. Thank god someone has had the bottle to say it how it is. Sad but true , but sadly Stubbsy wont be welcome back under the present regime GG2TH.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Marx View Post
    Maybe ask some Rotherham & St Mirren fans

This is just pathetic.

I have no need to ask Rotherham and St Mirren fans about anything, I saw everything I needed to see when Stubbs was at our club.

This need some people have to slag him off just baffles me.

Left by mutual consent!
    He failed in getting us promoted which was our main target. Not good enough
    You sure? Is it not usually get as high up the league as possible and have good cup runs?

You think realistically the main target set to Stubbs with no squad was to get promoted ahead of Rangers and Hearts yeah?

Left by mutual consent!
    What club did Hughes or Houston turn around? As far as I can remember they carried on the good work by previous managers.
    Hughes got Falkirk promoted. Won with Inverness their first ever Scottish Cup. Got Hibs into Europe.

Houston won the Scottish Cup with Dundee United and finished above Hibs with Falkirk which would have been a huge achievement if that league was as difficult as people as say.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    You sure? Is it not usually get as high up the league as possible and have good cup runs?

You think realistically the main target set to Stubbs with no squad was to get promoted ahead of Rangers and Hearts yeah?
    Agree. You’d have been mental to take the job if that’s what you were tasked with.

@hibs.net private member
    He's definitely worth a shout until the end of the season. I wouldn't be giving him a 5 year deal but we could do a lot worse.

His work post Hibs is an issue but I also feel he picked really bad teams. Rotherham and St Mirren were tough situations to come into with neither side exactly flourishing after he left.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hughes got Falkirk promoted. Won with Inverness their first ever Scottish Cup. Got Hibs into Europe.

Houston won the Scottish Cup with Dundee United and finished above Hibs with Falkirk which would have been a huge achievement if that league was as difficult as people as say.
    Did he get Falkirk promoted? Was that his remit? He carried on Leveins good work at Dundee Utd and didn’t have to start from scratch.

Yogi done great at Falkirk completely agree. Sacked at Hibs Calley and Raith. A little more compatible to Stubbs than Houston that’s for sure.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Agree. You’d have been mental to take the job if that’s what you were tasked with.
    It wouldn’t have been. Didn’t he get a contract extension after the first season?

Left by mutual consent!
    Did he get Falkirk promoted? Was that his remit? He carried on Leveins good work at Dundee Utd and didn’t have to start from scratch.

Yogi done great at Falkirk completely agree. Sacked at Hibs Calley and Raith. A little more compatible to Stubbs than Houston that’s for sure.
    I hope Stubbs goes on to have a fantastic career whether that be with us or not but the Rotherham and St Mirren gigs wouldn’t have helped his case

Left by mutual consent!
    I hope Stubbs goes on to have a fantastic career whether that be with us or not but the Rotherham and St Mirren gigs wouldn’t have helped his case
    I would delete Rotherham but agree about St Mirren mate 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Liam978 View Post
    Hi Jeffers. Thank god someone has had the bottle to say it how it is. Sad but true , but sadly Stubbsy wont be welcome back under the present regime GG2TH.
    Not entirely sure about that. I'm aware of the issue but Stubbs wasn't forced out by the club. His departure was 'encouraged' from elsewhere.

Stubbs might not be our next manager but is most certainly not 'persona non grata' under present regime.
    Last edited by SquashedFrogg; 26-01-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam978 View Post
    What were the issues? PM if preferred.

Blog Entries
    NL's player budget last season was 55% higher than Stubb's budget in his 1st season. NL's budget in his Championship season was nearly 40% higher than AS in his 1st season.

So in summary:

Apart from leading us to arguably the biggest success in our history Stubbs was crap. Lennon only led us to promotion and 4th because he had Stubbs, who was crap, players. So Lennon was crap too.

To conclude. Everyone is crap.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    NL's player budget last season was 55% higher than Stubb's budget in his 1st season. NL's budget in his Championship season was nearly 40% higher than AS in his 1st season.
    We got promoted and finished 4th in the premiership, didn’t do too bad out of it. Wonder what we will do with the McGinn money. Do you know if Mallan, Kamberi, Milligan are on as much money as the likes of McGinn, McGeough and Ambrose?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    So in summary:

Apart from leading us to arguably the biggest success in our history Stubbs was crap. Lennon only led us to promotion and 4th because he had Stubbs, who was crap, players. So Lennon was crap too.

To conclude. Everyone is crap.
    Sounds like crap to me.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Not doubting you, but out of interest how do you know that? Puts even more of a glowing light on the job Stubbs did if true.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Not entirely sure about that. I'm aware of the issue but Stubbs wasn't forced out by the club. His departure was 'encouraged' from elsewhere.

Stubbs might not be our next manager but is most certainly not 'persona non grata' under present regime.
    Sorry but I am not aware of any issues surrounding the departure of Stubbs from the club other than he pretty quickly signed up at Rotherham.
    Can anyone provide even an indication of why if it would not be prudent to provide details?

Quote Originally Posted by 1620 View Post
    Sorry but I am not aware of any issues surrounding the departure of Stubbs from the club other than he pretty quickly signed up at Rotherham.
    Can anyone provide even an indication of why if it would not be prudent to provide details?
    It wouldn't be prudent to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1620 View Post
    Tbf mate I don't know you so I'll not be providing any info.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    How can folk want Stubbs back is mind boggling.....
    Forever a Legend for being a Cup Winning Manager but league wise he couldn't do it....
    And nobody can argue that he would have left if we lost the final

Love the mans enthusiasm for the game but for me it would be a backwards step

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Totally agree. No thanks Stubbs.

He is a legend but has gone, gross misconduct, close the thread.