hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Are you happy Lennon is away?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

80 37.04%
  • No

136 62.96%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I have got the wrong end of the stick I apologise, but some of the posts he has posted are bull****
    Majority of posts on here are

2. Log in to remove the advert

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Is Neil Lennon maybe a guy with a winning mentality but zero man management skills?

People who say they support Lennon seem to always say he has a winning mentality. My issue with this is that it needs to be accompanied by man management skills. You can be aggressive with getting your targets across but some players (just like some people in any walk of life) need an arm around their shoulder. Different people respond differently and I get the feeling Lennon isn't the best at doing the other side of management. May be wrong but Kamberi has never really reacted from any of the constant criticisms. Kamberi used to interact with the bench while playing, now he doesn't. I'd imagine that relationship is wrecked to name one.

People complain about player power and things like that but being honest apply the same logic to any walk of life. If a team in an office has a shocking boss that constantly says they aren't working hard enough and criticising them for their application every single day, I'd say the team are entitled to raise their objection in some way. If you then point to how much the players are paid to play for Hibs, then you cannot rule out how much Lennon is paid to be the Head Coach. He is well paid and should realise that society is changing and some people, who may also have a winning mentality, react more positively to supportive comments rather than constant derogaratory comments.

If it was me and Lennon constantly had a go at me, I would probably react aggressively back at the manager telling him to shut up and have the "I'll show you" mindset but that's me. Some players will go "I hate coming to training, I hate playing a match at the weekend, I want to go home".

If he is gone, which I assume will be the case shortly, I'm quite glad. There has been a cloud over Hibs for the past 12 months at least, we all could sense something was wrong. What worries me is, we could see Leeann leave soon as well.
    Last edited by madhatter; 26-01-2019 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I understand your viewpoint. For me, any game against Rantic or Hertz is a big game, but I get your distinction.
    Fair enough. Likewise, I see where you're coming from. Just have to agree to disagree 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Can't vote on my mobile, but maybe as well, I can't decide if I am or not!
    Things not been good recently, but can we get anyone better?
    Same for me. Cant vote but unsure anyway. Was firmly in the "best manager for years" camp but recently ???????

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurry Face View Post
    Wait, if I vote now but get information at a later date which might influence my voting behaviour, will their be another vote?
    A sort of, people's vote?
    That would be a betrayal of the first vote. How many votes do you want?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Was getting annoyed at team selections and his thoughts on games, however, the timing leaves us in a real mess. Week until window closes, and we are looking for a new Manager. Shambles
    THIS in spades - it's a shocking position to find ourselves in - any hopes of reviving the season have been torpedoed below the waterline and look like sinking without a trace.

I read a report of his pre-match interview from yesterday in the times sports section this am - in which Lennon acknowledged pretty calmly and matter of factly that he'd given the players a bollocking after Wednesday - but there seemed no inkling whatsoever of what was about to unfold as it was all very much business as usual.

I acknowledge the concerns expressed by many posters about recent performances and team selections - however it will take an inspired appointment made in double quick time to salvage things, because whoever comes in will still have some rebuilding work to do and precious little time to do it in.

If Lennon has been given the bullet simply for dishing out a bollocking or two in the dressing room then I for one do not agree with this decision. Arguably the best manager that Scotland - or the UK for that matter - has ever produced was well known for rearranging the furniture/teacups/football boots and/or dishing out the "hairdryer" treatment when he wanted to get a point across. This in itself should not be a disciplinary matter.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurry Face View Post
    Wait, if I vote now but get information at a later date which might influence my voting behaviour, will their be another vote?
    A sort of, people's vote?
    Yes, you were clearly ill informed. I expect you to make the right "choice" this time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    I love Hibs, and he's not good for them just now so it's a yes from me.
    Sums it up for me too. ^^^^^

I voted yes purely based on the sub standard performances and his handling of the team matters and tactics, he wasn't showing Hibs in a good light at times with his antics.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'm not that bothered either way, in fact i have become totally bored with all things Hibs recently.
    That's pretty sad to read man.

It’s sad it’s come to this but things haven’t been right for a while, whether that’s Lennon’s fault, the club or a combination of both it’s not good. We’re trying to recruit players to get us out of a mess that bad recruiting in the summer and an unbelievable amount of injuries have caused. I’ve no idea who should get the blame but I think it’s probably better if he’s gone. I would however really like to know WTF is going on at the club though, almost £400 for a ST to see us plummet yet again and have all this pish going on now. It’s tragic!

This implosion is a tragedy for the club, this is the a terrible situation up there with the treatment of Sauzee. Lennon for all his faults is a great manager, a very great manager indeed, we have been lucky to have him. I have enjoyed his time and we will not easily replace him. I like Leeann but this has been very badly handled. I have lost confidence in her, Rod and Brian Houston - it a time for change.

Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    This implosion is a tragedy for the club, this is the a terrible situation up there with the treatment of Sauzee. Lennon for all his faults is a great manager, a very great manager indeed, we have been lucky to have him. I have enjoyed his time and we will not easily replace him. I like Leeann but this has been very badly handled. I have lost confidence in her, Rod and Brian Houston - it a time for change.

How can you say that when you don't know what has taken place? If Lennon has behaved in an inappropriate aggressive or illegal way then the board has done exactly the right thing. Far too early to judge.

The comparison with Sauzee is way off.

Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    Unless you know the facts it’s very difficult to say that he’s been poorly treated. He may have been, he may not have. If he has been suspended without valid reason the club will pay a heavy financial price for it down the line.

I’m not really sad that Lennon is leaving, more sad with the way it has ended and the fact that we’re in a bit of a mess as a club. Lennon has been good for us but it’s been pretty clear for a while that things weren’t going to end well IMO. Managers come and go. Lennon had a hard act to follow and didn’t do too badly at all. Hopefully the next guy does the same.

No, I'm not happy he's gone, but if it is good for both the health of Neil Lennon himself and our club, then I can accept and understand a parting of the ways.

Neil remains, for me, the most charismatic and "best" manager our club has had since Eddie Turnbull.

Yes, he is flawed, abbrasive, out-spoken and temperamental - but our Ed, likewise, was also far from perfect.