hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it was just that it would be fine. But that in tandem with all his threats about leaving, his media disappearances, and his general radgeness, clearly indicates there was a bigger problem than us just having a bad run of form.
    Fair dos. Although radgeness isn't always a bad thing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Still no good enough for some on here.
    Its not the fans who have binned him. Plenty managers carry on for ages despite sections of fans being against them

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Its not the fans who have binned him. Plenty managers carry on for ages despite sections of fans being against them
    Never mentioned anything about the "fans" binning him did I. Was talking about his record at Hibs 18 lost games out of 95 games played. I just hope we can get a new manager to replicate that kind of record. Perhaps you have someone in mind that you would care to tell us would get as good a record over the same amount of games in any leagues we may play in.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Never mentioned anything about the "fans" binning him did I. Was talking about his record at Hibs 18 lost games out of 95 games played. I just hope we can get a new manager to replicate that kind of record. Perhaps you have someone in mind that you would care to tell us would get as good a record over the same amount of games in any leagues we may play in.
    We will likely have a very, very long wait to equal that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Go on then I'll bite...wtf?
    Swiss striker
    N Ireland manager.
    Harry Hill saying FIGHT

Just thought it would lighten the mood as we move into another period of uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    What a pish title, Lennons put our club back on the map, even my English mates were bringing Hibs up more due to him and the way we played. He was always in the news for the right or wrong things, negative publicity also keeps you in the limelight, its a shame it has come to this. I also thought he should have walked a few weeks ago, but the treatment of him on here beggars belief, he put his heart on his sleeve and gave everything for this club, when was the last time our club has been so high profile in the past 30yrs, ffs. ********s

Spot on. The treatment he's receiving from a few on this is absolutely crass. This place has been toxic the last couple of months.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    What's happened has happened, just need to dust ourselves down and move forward with whoever is at the reigns, it's been evident that something hasn't been right for a while with moans about the budget etc from lennon and the poor performances

Just hope we get someone half decent in, we are a good club with the right facilities etc no reason why we can't

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I hope he realises that the vast majority of the fans backed him to the hilt.

He will be sorely missed by most of us. I wish him all the best.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    We will likely have a very, very long wait to equal that.
    Hopefully, as it would coincide with being in the lower league for a season 👍

Coaching Staff
    Poor taste

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Hopefully, as it would coincide with being in the lower league for a season ��
    The same bloody league that Stubbs failed to get us out ����������. Lennon haters don't do facts though. No doubt you'll come out with... Aye but it was a harder league ��

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    The same bloody league that Stubbs failed to get us out ����������. Lennon haters don't do facts though. No doubt you'll come out with... Aye but it was a harder league ��

At this stage with Neil clearly going they are just an embarrassment to themselves carrying on with the obsessive anti-Lennon agenda. He's away, let it go FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDavidsNapper View Post
    From the highs of winning the Scottish cup before he came and a massive feel good factor to threatening to leave numerous times, hiding behind his assistant when the going got tough, screaming in officials faces, throwing himself to the ground at Tynecastle after celebrating a disallowed goal for Hearts like a goal for his own team, constantly talking about Celtic in the media, not ruling out the Scotland job that he wasn't offered anyway, ripping players to shreads in the media that he's signed and played, refusing to play our captain when we desperately need him, rushing players back when clearly not fit and in their wrong positions and now getting himself suspended. A 47 year old.

Lets be honest. 14k season tickets isn't because of Lennon it's because we won the cup and got promoted (with one more point than Stubbs achieved without Hearts or Rangers). We had a good second half of the season last season with a shot in the dark January window working for us.

3 wins in 15 this season including losing a 5 year home record against our neighbours culminating in probably the worst performance in years on Wednesday that Lennon thought we played some great stuff in. He leaves us in 8th position..8th! And unlikely to get top 6 despite being backed to the hilt by the board.

He should have been away last season when he threw the toys out the pram at Tynecastle and threatened to leave infront of the media. We're in the news for the wrong reasons yet again because of Lennon and that feel goid factor has evaporated. Well done Neil.

I agree with a lot of what’s said in the post but the good riddance stuff is dire.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Sadly, I think some people just never liked Lennon for reasons that went beyond football. They probably disliked him even more when he was doing well here.

Left by mutual consent!
    Oh give it a rest. He’s not been suspended because of his poor results or supporters hounding him out. It’s been his man management that’s let him down. His own doing, nobody else’s.

@hibs.net private member
    I was delighted when we brought him in and he had my full support for the majority of his time here.

My doubts started creeping in when he publicly questioned his own commitment not once but twice. I found that pretty poor but he still had my backing. Something has clearly been wrong this season though, his suspension (on whatever grounds) pretty much confirming that.

This is a pretty rubbish day for the club so no glee from me, although if any of the rumours are close to being true then I'll certainly change my tune.

Overall I think it had been inevitable for a while that he would leave but still held out a sliver of hope he'd turn it round or at least leave in a mutually beneficial way.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Did you not moan earlier about folk bringing up stubbs?

Is the harder league thing not a fact by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Oh give it a rest. He’s not been suspended because of his poor results or supporters hounding him out. It’s been his man management that’s let him down. His own doing, nobody else’s.
    Not talking about him being suspended just his very good record for Hibs, do you know what he has been suspended for? just as a matter of fact or should we wait on the exclusive in the sunday papers or in a statement from the club.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Did you not moan earlier about folk bringing up stubbs?

Is the harder league thing not a fact by the way?
    No it's an excuse

Left by mutual consent!
    Not talking about him being suspended just his very good record for Hibs, do you know what he has been suspended for? just as a matter of fact or should we wait on the exclusive in the sunday papers or in a statement from the club.
    He held a squad meeting. It doesn’t take much imagination to work out that things have obviously got out of hand. It all adds upto the same thing, poor man management. We can’t continue with him acting the way he has been over the last few months. My personal opinion is that he needs to step away from the limelight for a while. Some of his antics have been really worrying and hard to watch at times. Time for a change.

He held a squad meeting. It doesn’t take much imagination to work out that things have obviously got out of hand. It all adds upto the same thing, poor man management. We can’t continue with him acting the way he has been over the last few months. My personal opinion is that he needs to step away from the limelight for a while. Some of his antics have been really worrying and hard to watch at times. Time for a change.
    O.k. sometimes we just have to be careful what we wish for.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    That thread title is about as classy as Lennon has alleged to have been yesterday.

Pathetic stuff really.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

It seems that Lennys departure is just a formality now.

I’m sorry it ended this way but we move on.

Left by mutual consent!
    Well I obviously have to work on my delivery. Didnt for one moment want to suggest YOU said anything of the sort. I was just saying despite many fans turning on him recently that had nothing to do with his current status.
    I could say calm doon and dont jump the gun but I will accept my comment was open to misinterpretation.

Left by mutual consent!
    No it's an excuse
    So it was a harder league? Have we finished ahead of Rangers since Stubbs left? When was the last time that happened prior to Stubbs finishing ahead of them? Probably not as long as it took us to win the Scottish cup mind you.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    This. Well said.
    Well named

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    No it's an excuse
    Of course it is

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Who is we? Because I certainly didn't think that and I'm pretty sure plenty others didn't either. Vastly overrated as hibs manager when he didn't even get to a final never mind win a major trophy.
    I remember lots of managers who haven't got us to finals or won cups in the past 65 years .Sorry but you're post is nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    2nd half of last season yes. Apart from that it's ranged between average and poor.
    No, it didn't. We were a really good side in the first half of last season, just lacked a little spark that we got in January. We beat Rangers, Hearts, drew at Celtic, and got to a semi final all before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    At this stage with Neil clearly going they are just an embarrassmeGo Back to forumnt to themselves carrying on with the obsessive anti-Lennon agenda. He's away, let it go FFS.