hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree that the OP's thread title could have been better worded. However, he makes plenty valid points, points shared by many on this forum judging by the balance of comments since last nights news. Hate this 'Hibs class' nonsense, do we honestly think we are a class above the vast majority of other supporters? Some of the replies to the OP's comments would indicate that 'Hibs class' is reserved for people who share their own opinions!
    No it's not. I respect all opinions. However, what's the point of saying "good riddance". He's gone, whether we like it or not, he's gone. Many will be happy, many will be sad, many will not have any view on it at all. But "good riddance".

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SirDavidsNapper View Post
    From the highs of winning the Scottish cup before he came and a massive feel good factor to threatening to leave numerous times, hiding behind his assistant when the going got tough, screaming in officials faces, throwing himself to the ground at Tynecastle after celebrating a disallowed goal for Hearts like a goal for his own team, constantly talking about Celtic in the media, not ruling out the Scotland job that he wasn't offered anyway, ripping players to shreads in the media that he's signed and played, refusing to play our captain when we desperately need him, rushing players back when clearly not fit and in their wrong positions and now getting himself suspended. A 47 year old.

Lets be honest. 14k season tickets isn't because of Lennon it's because we won the cup and got promoted (with one more point than Stubbs achieved without Hearts or Rangers). We had a good second half of the season last season with a shot in the dark January window working for us.

3 wins in 15 this season including losing a 5 year home record against our neighbours culminating in probably the worst performance in years on Wednesday that Lennon thought we played some great stuff in. He leaves us in 8th position..8th! And unlikely to get top 6 despite being backed to the hilt by the board.

He should have been away last season when he threw the toys out the pram at Tynecastle and threatened to leave infront of the media. We're in the news for the wrong reasons yet again because of Lennon and that feel goid factor has evaporated. Well done Neil.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    He came very close to a final

Last season was sensational. His win rate prior to this season said it all.

People struggle to be objective with Lenny due to their irrational dislike of him

2nd half of last season yes. Apart from that it's ranged between average and poor.

Testimonial Due
    Thread title is poor but the OP does raise some valid points.

Lennon has been almost “untouchable” since he came to Hibs because he was seen as a massive “coup” for the club to appoint him and so it was.

This had however at times allowed him to do almost as he pleased and whilst I’m not in the know I am led to believe from people within Scottish football (not directly Hibs) that a lot had been tolerated by the board and CEO in terms of the managers behaviour at times such as the going awol after the hearts game etc.

As he was a marquee signing I think at times his ego has run riot and sadly whatever happened yesterday has led the CEO to say “enough is enough” and told the manager to leave and that he is suspended pending an investigation. He evidently stands accused of an act of gross misconduct by his employer and the route taken by the club would be in line with current practice.

In terms of football we had a cracking return to the top flight and for that I thank Neil, however something had gone terribly wrong this season and whilst losing McGinn, McGeough and Allan all at the same time was a serious blow in all honesty the squad we have should be able to finish in the top 6 with relative ease. Selections, tactics and style this season have been questionable at times and a lack of desire evident in my opinion.

NL is responsible for results and they have been far below expectations this season. Had we not had such a “marquee” manager in place I suspect the knives would have been out a few weeks ago for whoever that manager was and it’s Lennon’s “status” that has protected him.

I love NL as our manager and I’m sad to see him go in this manner but it has seemed to me that his interest has waned recently and this has been reflected by the players performances on the pitch. It’s maybe for the best now to move in.

No player or manager will ever be bigger than Hibs.

When we got relegated, I'd never have believed we'd win the Scottish cup a few year later.. Life goes on. Players, managers come & go. It's just sad that it's ended like this.

Say all you want about Lennon, he lost 18 games out of 95..

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    And won 2 in 14 more recently. I don't think anyones debating he done well enough in the last two seasons. This season however has been chronic and he can't live off his previous win record forever. Much in the same way that John Hughes finished 4th but then had to go the next season due to us being crap.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    And won 2 in 14 more recently. I don't think anyones debating he done well enough in the last two seasons. This season however has been chronic and he can't live off his previous win record forever. Much in the same way that John Hughes finished 4th but then had to go the next season due to us being crap.
    Well god help any manager who comes in and has a crap half season.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    If it’s as crap as this over such a significant chunk of the season then they’ll probably be gone aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Still no good enough for some on here.

Left by mutual consent!
    Surely though you take everything else into this equation? He has dined out and finished his meal from last season. Incidently half a season is quite a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Surely though you take everything else into this equation? He has dined out and finished his meal from last season. Incidently half a season is quite a long time.
    You don’t. You quote stats that don’t give any sort of nod to the fact that we’re currently a shambles and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Still no good enough for some on here.
    It's a hard fact to swallow from some.

Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    Got us out the championship at his first time of asking. Gave a great first season back in top flight. This season hasn't worked out but he deserves better than 'good riddance.'
    This.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    You don’t. You quote stats that don’t give any sort of nod to the fact that we’re currently a shambles and leave it at that.
    What are you on about, I am saying that he has finished all his chances for doing well before and where we are isn't good enough.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    We are, but abuse and mockery is different, it's tiresome and doesn't address the points he's making, which are very valid.

Personally, id thank and value Lennon for his performances against the old firm alone, the 5-5 was right up there for me in performances that will stay with me forever. But its time for a new chapter.
    I take your point in general and probably in relation to this OP too. I try generally to play the ball not the man, albeit that I’m happy to enthusiastically play the ball very aggressively at times.

I feel the thread title however is just unnecessary and in itself pretty derogatory. And for the record there are some posters where there is no point whatsoever trying to address their points as they just consistently over time refuse to respond to any logic or reason, though I can’t say I would particularly consider the OP to be one of those people.

I think there has been plenty to thank Lennon for and in my time in love with Hibs I would place the managerial enjoyment pecking order as: Stubbs, Lennon, Mowbray, Sauzee and then a miscellany if the rest ending at Fenton and then Calderwood.

Anyway your reply genuinely gave me pause for thought.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    If it was just that it would be fine. But that in tandem with all his threats about leaving, his media disappearances, and his general radgeness, clearly indicates there was a bigger problem than us just having a bad run of form.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    If it was just that it would be fine. But that in tandem with all his threats about leaving, his media disappearances, and his general radgeness, clearly indicates there was a bigger problem than us just having a bad run of form.
    Same as I think and said

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    2nd half of last season yes. Apart from that it's ranged between average and poor.
    Nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    What are you on about, I am saying that he has finished all his chances for doing well before and where we are isn't good enough.
    I was agreeing with you .

Left by mutual consent!
    This is not our promotion season, this is mot last seasons excellent finish, this is now a season not going well at all. You cannot keep going backwards to look at his record to allow what is going on now to continue. Thanks for that Neil but now isn't good enough.

Managers like players lose form. Folk want rid of Jamie Mac because of form now but what about his form last season?

Left by mutual consent!
    This is nothing new at ER. Tom Hart sacked manager Willie McFarlane when we were riding high in the league and we were due to play Liverpool in the UEFA cup that evening.

What a pish title, Lennons put our club back on the map, even my English mates were bringing Hibs up more due to him and the way we played. He was always in the news for the right or wrong things, negative publicity also keeps you in the limelight, its a shame it has come to this. I also thought he should have walked a few weeks ago, but the treatment of him on here beggars belief, he put his heart on his sleeve and gave everything for this club, when was the last time our club has been so high profile in the past 30yrs, ffs. ********s

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    This is nothing new at ER. Tom Hart sacked manager Willie McFarlane when we were riding high in the league and we were due to play Liverpool in the UEFA cup that evening.
    Not that we are in any way riding high. Nor has this been caused by results. Other than that I agree completely.

Terrible OP. Have a word.

NL and the man previous to him had me believing we would win every big game under the floodlights in derbies and the OF AND get us deep into cup competitions.

Record crowds and points totals. We might be in 8th but the new manager has a lot to live up to.

All the best Neil

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Shocker of a post. It might be time to go but let’s not rewrite history and pretend that he didn’t do anything good. Or that anything good he did do was down to Stubbs.
    There's a lot of history rewriting going on with this.

The second half of last season was brilliant. Doubly so as it's the part of the season we usually struggle in.

First Team Breakthrough
    This is as pure a "look at me" opening post as you will ever find on the internet.

Emmental and an Ulster fry.
    Two lovely plates of food !
    But which is the best ?
    Only one way to find out .......,,,

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ben johnson View Post
    Emmental and an Ulster fry.
    Two lovely plates of food !
    But which is the best ?
    Only one way to find out .......,,,

Go on then I'll bite...wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    You actually typed this? Let’s all gang up on the OP why don’t we. Pathetic! If you disagree with him then try and be coherent and tell us why, instead of trying to get kudos with the Hibs.net happy clapper fraternity.
    Ok, I disagree with the points made, but more so find it quite an embarrassing opening post and simply couldn't be bothered giving it the attention it craves.

I think you'll also find that I'm certainly not one on here who searches kudos. Nor indeed am I part of a gang.

So, less of your 'pathetic' chat if you don't mind.