hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDavidsNapper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From the highs of winning the Scottish cup before he came and a massive feel good factor to threatening to leave numerous times, hiding behind his assistant when the going got tough, screaming in officials faces, throwing himself to the ground at Tynecastle after celebrating a disallowed goal for Hearts like a goal for his own team, constantly talking about Celtic in the media, not ruling out the Scotland job that he wasn't offered anyway, ripping players to shreads in the media that he's signed and played, refusing to play our captain when we desperately need him, rushing players back when clearly not fit and in their wrong positions and now getting himself suspended. A 47 year old.

Lets be honest. 14k season tickets isn't because of Lennon it's because we won the cup and got promoted (with one more point than Stubbs achieved without Hearts or Rangers). We had a good second half of the season last season with a shot in the dark January window working for us.

3 wins in 15 this season including losing a 5 year home record against our neighbours culminating in probably the worst performance in years on Wednesday that Lennon thought we played some great stuff in. He leaves us in 8th position..8th! And unlikely to get top 6 despite being backed to the hilt by the board.

He should have been away last season when he threw the toys out the pram at Tynecastle and threatened to leave infront of the media. We're in the news for the wrong reasons yet again because of Lennon and that feel goid factor has evaporated. Well done Neil.
    Have edited my original tirade against your moronic post.

You've obviously got the attention you crave.
    Last edited by Brizo; 26-01-2019 at 09:26 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Make absolutely no appologies for my opinions on Neil Lennon. Thanks for the abuse for sharing my opinion on a football forum though. Im out.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    From what I’ve seen he’s been suspended until a pay off is negotiated.
    Cheers

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    From the highs of winning the Scottish cup before he came and a massive feel good factor to threatening to leave numerous times, hiding behind his assistant when the going got tough, screaming in officials faces, throwing himself to the ground at Tynecastle after celebrating a disallowed goal for Hearts like a goal for his own team, constantly talking about Celtic in the media, not ruling out the Scotland job that he wasn't offered anyway, ripping players to shreads in the media that he's signed and played, refusing to play our captain when we desperately need him, rushing players back when clearly not fit and in their wrong positions and now getting himself suspended. A 47 year old.

Lets be honest. 14k season tickets isn't because of Lennon it's because we won the cup and got promoted (with one more point than Stubbs achieved without Hearts or Rangers). We had a good second half of the season last season with a shot in the dark January window working for us.

3 wins in 15 this season including losing a 5 year home record against our neighbours culminating in probably the worst performance in years on Wednesday that Lennon thought we played some great stuff in. He leaves us in 8th position..8th! And unlikely to get top 6 despite being backed to the hilt by the board.

He should have been away last season when he threw the toys out the pram at Tynecastle and threatened to leave infront of the media. We're in the news for the wrong reasons yet again because of Lennon and that feel goid factor has evaporated. Well done Neil.
    I’m guessing you were going for the dictionary definition of the term utter Roaster? Nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    6 months ago we were saying Lenny was one of the best managers we've ever had...then we get this

Give me a break
    Spot on!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Someone actually typed this.
    That did make me laugh

Harsh summary of his tenure. God help the next man.

Make absolutely no appologies for my opinions on Neil Lennon. Thanks for the abuse for sharing my opinion on a football forum though. Im out.
    You knew the reaction it was cause.

You sharing your opinion on the matter then people sharing theirs about your terrible patter is a football forum.

You should take a step back and think about the abuse our manager receives. To the abuse shouted at him about his religion and where he comes from. Or the graffiti on walls about wanting him dead. Bullets in the mail etc.

I agree he’s got stuff wrong this season and last. But right now we really don’t need the thank god he’s away stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Thank fu..

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    6 months ago we were saying Lenny was one of the best managers we've ever had...then we get this

Give me a break
    Who is we? Because I certainly didn't think that and I'm pretty sure plenty others didn't either. Vastly overrated as hibs manager when he didn't even get to a final never mind win a major trophy.

I really think that the Admins should be closing threads such as this.

"There's class, there's first class then there's Hibs class" - there's no class at all in the post title. Embarrassing thread.

Lennon's gone - whether we like it or not, he's gone. It doesn't need threads like this.

I've always enjoyed coming onto Hibs.net in the past, but now it's being over-run with people who are obviously just trying to provoke a reaction.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Who is we? Because I certainly didn't think that and I'm pretty sure plenty others didn't either. Vastly overrated as hibs manager when he didn't even get to a final never mind win a major trophy.
    He came very close to a final

Last season was sensational. His win rate prior to this season said it all.

People struggle to be objective with Lenny due to their irrational dislike of him

Left by mutual consent!
    Embarrassing title, please remove.

Left by mutual consent!
    Thread title is lacks class. The irony of then the abuse the poster got off people saying it lacked class though...

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    No they shouldn't.
    The guy is entitled to his opinion.
    He shouldn't be subject to roaster/embarrassment/f off.
    I disagree with his opinion, but this need to get the pitchforks out is becoming tiresome.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 26-01-2019 at 09:46 AM.

I think the thread title is poor but I have to say the OP has called out some valid points for debate around NL conduct over the last year. I am or was a NL supporter but I do find it hard to disagree with some of the points the OP has raised. Doesn’t deserve the abuse even if I don’t agree with the title, I don’t agree with all but I do recognise he has some debateable points which deserve a bit respect. Imo

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

Let's not pre-judge events or the outcome. How about supporting the guy until we know the facts?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    This thread is now getting personal. Please delete admins.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    No they shouldn't.
    I disagree with his opinion, but this need to get the pitchforks out is becoming tiresome.
    Agreed.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Chronic, chronic chat from the OP.

Car crash of an OP that has got the reaction it deserved.
    What because you disagree with it?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

"There's class, there's first class then there's Hibs class" - there's no class at all in the post title. Embarrassing thread.

Lennon's gone - whether we like it or not, he's gone. It doesn't need threads like this.

I've always enjoyed coming onto Hibs.net in the past, but now it's being over-run with people who are obviously just trying to provoke a reaction.
    I agree that the OP's thread title could have been better worded. However, he makes plenty valid points, points shared by many on this forum judging by the balance of comments since last nights news. Hate this 'Hibs class' nonsense, do we honestly think we are a class above the vast majority of other supporters? Some of the replies to the OP's comments would indicate that 'Hibs class' is reserved for people who share their own opinions!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    I agree that the OP's thread title could have been better worded. However, he makes plenty valid points, points shared by many on this forum judging by the balance of comments since last nights news. Hate this 'Hibs class' nonsense, do we honestly think we are a class above the vast majority of other supporters? Some of the replies to the OP's comments would indicate that 'Hibs class' is reserved for people who share their own opinions!
    That’s what I was trying to say 😃

Ridiculous thread title

Testimonial Due

Just go away

No they shouldn't.
    hear hear

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Got us out the championship at his first time of asking. Gave a great first season back in top flight. This season hasn't worked out but he deserves better than 'good riddance.'

Shan thread . Nae need for that

Gamer IDs

No they shouldn't.
    I agree, the thread shouldn’t be closed and he’s entitled to his opinions.

He should be subjected to others peoples views of his post too because we’re all entitled to our opinions are we not?

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I agree, the thread shouldn’t be closed and he’s entitled to his opinions.

He should be subjected to others peoples views of his post too because we’re all entitled to our opinions are we not?
    We are, but abuse and mockery is different, it's tiresome and doesn't address the points he's making, which are very valid.

Personally, id thank and value Lennon for his performances against the old firm alone, the 5-5 was right up there for me in performances that will stay with me forever. But its time for a new chapter.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    There are some stinkers out there just now but this thread takes things to a new level.