hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Players.

Testimonial Due

The Players.

Board and Lennon aside for one minute.

Just want to say how utterly pathetic some of the players have been this season bar a small handful, you can blame formations / injuries all they want but when you have players who ain’t been able to do the basics then you have a massive problem.

I of course exclude new signings, Gauld must be wondering what circus he has joined. And I hope the ink has dried on the Scott Allan contract.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Board and Lennon aside for one minute.

Just want to say how utterly pathetic some of the players have been this season bar a small handful, you can blame formations / injuries all they want but when you have players who ain’t been able to do the basics then you have a massive problem.

I of course exclude new signings, Gauld must be wondering what circus he has joined. And I hope the ink has dried on the Scott Allan contract.
    Does raise the question ‘why have they been like that’ though

We all cheered when we got a couple back from last season, and now it appears, they are deemed not up to standard.

Several others I agree not playing as we would like, but again why would they go from hero to zero so quickly?

Understand about our midfield going, but surely we, like competing clubs, have had the time to adjust?

It will be interesting to see the reaction from them on Sunday.

I’m not going to slaughter them, or Lennon, as we don’t know what has been going on behind closed doors. I daresay a few things will come out in the wash in the coming weeks that may enlighten us one way or another. I’ve worked in unpleasant environments before and it’s not always easy to perform at your best when there are ongoing problems. If that has indeed been the case at Hibs it may explain a few things.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    We will win on Sunday. I’m certain of it.

Who are you talking about? Be specific on which players.

IMO

Kamberi has looked like a completely different player from last year. Its actually incredible to watch, I can't explain it. I think he might have a monster contract, in Hibs terms, and that's why Lennon is so angry with him.

Bartley and Mallan are crap, I don't rate either. Mallans free kicks are why he is a professional footballer. Maloney did the same thing, I grew up with him, decent like, quick etc. But he would practice free kicks on his own for hours with his dad. B

Hanlon has been **** much of the year. Clumsy

McGregor and Whittaker legs have gone. (Like that's not patently obvious to everyone watching)

Mallan is mince.

McLaren is mince.
    Last edited by Dr_Regal; 26-01-2019 at 02:02 AM.

I agree, the players need to be held accountable also. Far too often in football the players get off scot free and the manager takes the bullet. The manager puts the team together, arranges the tactics and is in charge for motivating the team so they do sometimes deserve to be in the firing line but ultimately its the players that are on the park playing. Some players in football aren't man enough to take responsibility and are happy to let the manager take blame.

We are half way through the season, we aren't sitting pretty in the league, far below where we should be competing but we still have 4 months or so to turn things around. We can save the "what went wrong and whos to blame" for after the seasons done and dusted, now, regardless of whether Lennon is away or not, the team need to be rallying together.

Left by mutual consent!
    Sunday is going to be tough. St Mirren are battling at the bottom and have already taken a point off us at Easter Road not long ago. We should be winning the match but it’s not going to be easy.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    St Mirren 4/1 yer cash!
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    St Mirren 4/1 yer cash!
    That’s the most upbeat you’ve seemed on here in a long time HC :) an exclamation mark and everything ;)

I’m sure you’ll join me in hoping your bet gets pumped though!!

I reckon we will pump st.mirren now. And I reckon we might actually try play some football now

@hibs.net private member
    If he did “lose the dressing room” my money’s on an early goal for us on Sunday.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    We have a good team of players who look terrified of making a mistake or don’t seem to know what role they play. I’m not going to call them pathetic.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Of course the players have to take some responsibility, yes some of the team selections have been baffling this year but they should still be doing much better than they have, regardless of what issues they may have with their manager

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Watch us steamroller st mirren on Sunday now 😂

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Of course the players have to take some responsibility, yes some of the team selections have been baffling this year but they should still be doing much better than they have, regardless of what issues they may have with their manager
    Tbf Horgan isn’t a RWB, Hanlon hasn’t been a LB for years, Stevenson hasn’t been a DM for years, nor is Boyle a natural striker, nor is Slivka a RM or RB, nor is Mallon suited to playing deep.

Killie are flying because happy players are being played in the right positions. It’s just common sense.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Tbf Horgan isn’t a RWB, Hanlon hasn’t been a LB for years, Stevenson hasn’t been a DM for years, nor is Boyle a natural striker, nor is Slivka a RM or RB, nor is Mallon suited to playing deep.

Killie are flying because happy players are being played in the right positions. It’s just common sense.
    How often have said players played in the positions you have just mentioned(with the exception of Slivka who I agree about) from memory I think last week was Hanlon first game at LB all season? Stevenson has played almost every game except 1 or 2 I think at LB and Horgan has mainly been used out on the left wing or right wing

How often have said players played in the positions you have just mentioned(with the exception of Slivka who I agree about) from memory I think last week was Hanlon first game at LB all season? Stevenson has played almost every game except 1 or 2 I think at LB and Horgan has mainly been used out on the left wing or right wing
    But he has been played there, Hanlon was played there when two Lbs sat on the bench, a natural RB sat on the bench.

in both games Slivka was at RB a natural RB in Whittaker was in central midfield, Slivka’s natural position. Eight ****ing defensive players vs Killie.

If there was reasoning or logic behind it fair enough but it’s baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    But he has been played there, Hanlon was played there when two Lbs sat on the bench, a natural RB sat on the bench.

in both games Slivka was at RB a natural RB in Whittaker was in central midfield, Slivka’s natural position. Eight ****ing defensive players vs Killie.

If there was reasoning or logic behind it fair enough but it’s baffling.
    A player of Hanlons experience should have been able to play LB a lot better than he had though, these players aren't young guys just starting out(Shaw excluded) that defence is one of the most experienced in the league and yet have been playing gash, that's not down to Lennon, that's just playing poorly

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Regal View Post
    Who are you talking about? Be specific on which players.

IMO

Kamberi has looked like a completely different player from last year. Its actually incredible to watch, I can't explain it. I think he might have a monster contract, in Hibs terms, and that's why Lennon is so angry with him.

Bartley and Mallan are crap, I don't rate either. Mallans free kicks are why he is a professional footballer. Maloney did the same thing, I grew up with him, decent like, quick etc. But he would practice free kicks on his own for hours with his dad. B

Hanlon has been **** much of the year. Clumsy

McGregor and Whittaker legs have gone. (Like that's not patently obvious to everyone watching)

Mallan is mince.

McLaren is mince.
    I think that’s fair. But worth mentioning that Lennon should be accountable for not understanding how old and slow Whittaker and McGregor (plus others) have become.

Yes, the players have been pants, but the blame for the squad resembling an old folks home lies squarely at the managers door.

The players have shown already this season they are more than capible. They were obviously not playing for Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    I think that’s fair. But worth mentioning that Lennon should be accountable for not understanding how old and slow Whittaker and McGregor (plus others) have become.

Yes, the players have been pants, but the blame for the squad resembling an old folks home lies squarely at the managers door.
    Yet McGregor is barely beaten in a foot race for the ball, wish I was that slow!

Yet McGregor is barely beaten in a foot race for the ball, wish I was that slow!
    I agree that his positional sense is good, my problem is the injuries and slow recovery time that comes with age. 90% of the team should be able to play twice a week. We’ve got too many that can’t, and it shows.

And playing McGregor next to Whittaker Is lunacy!!

Left by mutual consent!
    A player of Hanlons experience should have been able to play LB a lot better than he had though, these players aren't young guys just starting out(Shaw excluded) that defence is one of the most experienced in the league and yet have been playing gash, that's not down to Lennon, that's just playing poorly
    Hanlon has lost a yard of pace since being injured so sticking on the left against a pacy winger was ludicrous. Even coming through Hanlon was dodgy at LB.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    I agree that his positional sense is good, my problem is the injuries and slow recovery time that comes with age. 90% of the team should be able to play twice a week. We’ve got too many that can’t, and it shows.

And playing McGregor next to Whittaker Is lunacy!!
    Yep. As soon as they couldn’t target Hanlon anymore the amount of times they hit the left hand side and just strolled past both them.

Left by mutual consent!
    The players should be ashamed

Too many have not been good enough but I doubt many of them could play better anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Hanlon has lost a yard of pace since being injured so sticking on the left against a pacy winger was ludicrous. Even coming through Hanlon was dodgy at LB.
    But thats where his experience should come into it, same as whittaker on the other side, they arent very quick so sit off a bit, dont let him run at you or don't come in to close so if he does beat you then you are left 5 yards behind straight away, I agree he isn't the best LB but he should be able to play there with no major issues

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post

Too many have not been good enough but I doubt many of them could play better anyway.
    If they can't play any better why should they be ashamed?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post

I know I'm negative at times but you are unbelievable! Rubbish!
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    If they can't play any better why should they be ashamed?
    If you're a has been like Whittaker and McGregor absolutely

Then we have the gutless Mallan in the middle

I could go on and on

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I know I'm negative at times but you are unbelievable! Rubbish!
    I don't see it