hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope.
    Not for the likes of you ofcourse, you and 90+2 fill every thread with it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Not for the likes of you ofcourse, you and 90+2 fill every thread with it.
    Not really. I just don’t find people discussing things “nauseating”.

Left by mutual consent!
    One thing is for sure, Neil Lennon is going to get a lot of valentines cards this year.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    You may have left the hibs
    But Neil I’m so in love with you. 💚💚💚

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    Whilst that's true. It would be fairer to note that up until 30 years ago, you only got two points for a win
    Yep

His passion and anger towards Hearts and Rangers, as much as we loved it, was absolute fuelled by him being a Celtic man.

Genuinely I don't really think he gives a monkeys about any club apart from Celtic. The aeroplane stuff masked the fact we had chucked a 3-0 lead to be 5-3 down ffs! Then it was just to wind up the huns which led to a ban at a crucial start to the season.

The guy is a roaster. Always has been and always will be.

Stubbs got Hibs. Lennon never.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Stubbs team would hammer Lennon's team, he hasn't really rejuvenated a whole lot.
    They wouldn't just hammer them, they would play them off the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Stubbs’s team should have hammered Falkirk to get us into the play off against Killie. It didn’t happen. Lenny correctly sorted the ‘boy band’ type fragility and we were a much stronger outfit. Our recent dip in form was mainly down to loads of injuries and good players hitting a sticky patch. Make no mistake, losing Neil Lennon will be a HUGE blow for us!
    That would've seen Stubbs become the first manager in Hibs history to take us into three finals in one season, having a month earlier become the first manager in Hibs history to take us into two finals in one season. Starting to get the picture yet?

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    The only fact we need is that Stubbs was a terrible league manager for Hibs
    Gosh, it would be really embarrassing for Neil Lennon if he only managed to get one point more than a 'terrible league manager' when he took over in a much, much weaker league, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    His passion and anger towards Hearts and Rangers, as much as we loved it, was absolute fuelled by him being a Celtic man.

Genuinely I don't really think he gives a monkeys about any club apart from Celtic. The aeroplane stuff masked the fact we had chucked a 3-0 lead to be 5-3 down ffs! Then it was just to wind up the huns which led to a ban at a crucial start to the season.

The guy is a roaster. Always has been and always will be.

Stubbs got Hibs. Lennon never.

Time to switch off from this forum for while before I get another warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Stubbs’s team should have hammered Falkirk to get us into the play off against Killie. It didn’t happen. Lenny correctly sorted the ‘boy band’ type fragility and we were a much stronger outfit. Our recent dip in form was mainly down to loads of injuries and good players hitting a sticky patch. Make no mistake, losing Neil Lennon will be a HUGE blow for us!
    The 'boy band' stuff he referred to when taking over was nonsense, in my opinion. How could we have won the cup in those circumstances if the team was riddled with fragility? That team had plenty heart and a great attitude.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    The 'boy band' stuff he referred to when taking over was nonsense, in my opinion. How could we have won the cup in those circumstances if the team was riddled with fragility? That team had plenty heart and a great attitude.
    And since he's taken over we've a lower win percentage against Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts. And made it to 0 cup finals in 2 and a half seasons compared to 2 cup finals, winning 1 in Stubbs 2 seasons. As you said, since we got relegated the team has had a very good attitude up until recently. Coinciding with Lennon slaughtering certain players over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    They wouldn't just hammer them, they would play them off the park.
    Then run out of ideas at the edge of the box.

LOVE!

I love my wife. I love my kids. I love Hibernian FC. But to broadcast love for a football manager, sheesh!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Time to move on for both Neil haters and lovers - not sure some posters will be capable of that though.

Trying to obessionally prove how bad he was or how much better Stubbs was isn’t going to cut any ice. We now have no one leading and the rest of this season is looking like a walk through a minefield.

How do we address lack of manager in short term, likely no more signings and probable drop in season tickets for next season? We need to start winning and consistently, what’s the fastest surest route to that point?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post
    LOVE!

I love my wife. I love my kids. I love Hibernian FC. But to broadcast love for a football manager, sheesh!
    Kebab. Sorry, I couldn’t help it 😃

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Time to move on for both Neil haters and lovers - not sure some posters will be capable of that though.

Trying to obessionally prove how bad he was or how much better Stubbs was isn’t going to cut any ice. We now have no one leading and the rest of this season is looking like a walk through a minefield.

How do we address lack of manager in short term, likely no more signings and probable drop in season tickets for next season? We need to start winning and consistently, what’s the fastest surest route to that point?
    It’s probably a bit too raw at the moment to move on but I would agree with the sentiment.

Next season if we make an ambitious appointment followed by a couple more really good PCA looking forward to hit the ground running then sales may not be hit as much as if we continued the slide we face ourselves in. There is still the nucleus of a good squad to work with to keep us safe at least.

Quote Originally Posted by PompeyHibs View Post
    Quality manager
    Great ambition for Hibs sadly not the same vision as our board
    Some cracking memories
    Defo a sad day for Hibs if he is away.
    The board should have backed him with quality signings imo

Neil defo raised Hibs profile down south, everyone i speak with down here know a little about Hibs due to him. Sky sports loved him ad he an interesting character to promote Scottish football - he was always on sky

Anyway all the best Neil 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
    The board did back him ffs. He inherited a great side with players always going to move on and some of lennons signings havebt been good enough.

Embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    The only fact we need is that Stubbs was a terrible league manager for Hibs
    Another crock from mr happy.

Left by mutual consent!
    Lenny has undoubtedly made a historic impact upon our club.

He led us out of the dastardly difficult championship and for that we will be forever grateful @LoveLenny.

However, on the downside he later became an enigma for team selections and tactics that failed miserably.

He leaves as a Legend probably remembered by most @LoveLenny for leading us back into the Premiership where we belong.

However, there are some probably the vast minority who prefer to say 'good riddance' to our Lenny who love him or loathe him has had a lasting impact on our club.

God bless you Lenny and hope you go on to prosper wherever you end up next.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    Lenny has undoubtedly made a historic impact upon our club.

He led us out of the dastardly difficult championship and for that we will be forever grateful @LoveLenny.

However, on the downside he later became an enigma for team selections and tactics that failed miserably.

He leaves as a Legend probably remembered by most @LoveLenny for leading us back into the Premiership where we belong.

However, there are some probably the vast minority who prefer to say 'good riddance' to our Lenny who love him or loathe him has had a lasting impact on our club.

God bless you Lenny and hope you go on to prosper wherever you end up next.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

So I’m gathering you find Alex McLeish who brought us up, got us third in the league not fourth and a Scottish Cup Semi as well as our best result against hearts since the 70s in even higher esteem than Lennon? That’s a massively historic impact considering he brought in all his own players that got sold for millions too.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    So I’m gathering you find Alex McLeish who brought us up, got us third in the league not fourth and a Scottish Cup Semi as well as our best result against hearts since the 70s in even higher esteem than Lennon? That’s a massively historic impact considering he brought in all his own players that got sold for millions too.
    This thread's about Lenny.

Left by mutual consent!
    Neil Lennon did a good job but I won't be thanking him after the events of the last 24 hrs. He has totally let me down.

Sooner we get a new manager the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanny boy View Post
    Thankfully a thread with fitting words for Neil Lennon. I agree with all of the above and i believe we will see how big a loss Neil will be to Hibernian if indeed there is no way back for him at Easter Rd. God bless Neil Lennon

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This thread's about Lenny.
    So you won’t answer the question then?

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Best top flight points total last year in our whole 144 year history. Let that sink in. We are SO lucky to have him as manager. If it's all ended it's a huge blow, make no mistake about it.

Lennon isn't irreplaceable, far from it. What many including myself liked was his passion and is willingness to say what he thought unlike the usual methodical current robotic managerial cliché response lingo.

His strength, his passion was in the end his downfall. Perhaps our players would rather a mouse in charge.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    So you won’t answer the question then?
    Start a thread on Alex McLeish and I will certainly give my opinion on his tenure. Tbis one's solely about Lenny and the current circumstances we find ourselves in. I'm not going to be drawn into comparing Alex and Lenny of different times and events.

You're all over the place jumping around posting willy nilly saying whatever.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Best top flight points total last year in our whole 144 year history. Let that sink in. We are SO lucky to have him as manager. If it's all ended it's a huge blow, make no mistake about it.
    If three points for a win existed in 1973/74 and 1974/75, Hibs would’ve had 2 points more than they did last season having played four games fewer. So you can spin it how you want, but it doesn’t make it the achievement you pretend it is.

Yes he did rejuvenate us, last season was the best we've ever had. A joy to watch, taking on the old firm with no fear, no bull**** managerial clichés, what he said he meant, touchline rammies, aeroplane celebrations, you could feel the guys passion more so than any other manager I can remember.

His passion more than anything else is what I loved.

All the best Lenny.

The best season we’ve ever had?

so winning the Scottish cup, winning the league cup on numerous occasions, the tornadoes, famous five, winning the league....none of these is better than finishing fourth?

last season was great, especially from January through to the finish, and Lennon absolutely deserves the credit for that. He equally needs to take at least some of the criticism for this season not being quite what it could have been. That’s the life of a football manager.