hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Neil Lennon I love you

In my 50 years being a supporter of Hibernian, boy to man, you rejuvenated my passion for football and Hibs. Your enthusiasm for my club I will NEVER forget, the aeroplane will live with me till I die.
    The utter crap you have to put up with on a daily basis, the hatred, the sectarianism is unfathomable to me but you manage,you deal, you live, you learn.
    It takes a real man to deal with, and you done me proud.

Neil Lennon I love you.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    well said

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doh Rae Me View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In my 50 years being a supporter of Hibernian, boy to man, you rejuvenated my passion for football and Hibs. Your enthusiasm for my club I will NEVER forget, the aeroplane will live with me till I die.
    The utter crap you have to put up with on a daily basis, the hatred, the sectarianism is unfathomable to me but you manage,you deal, you live, you learn.

Neil Lennon I love you.
    This times a million.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    X 10000000000000. Sad day.

Here here. All the best Lenny

First Team Breakthrough
    Thankfully a thread with fitting words for Neil Lennon. I agree with all of the above and i believe we will see how big a loss Neil will be to Hibernian if indeed there is no way back for him at Easter Rd. God bless Neil Lennon

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Best top flight points total last year in our whole 144 year history. Let that sink in. We are SO lucky to have him as manager. If it's all ended it's a huge blow, make no mistake about it.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Neil Lennon I love you.
    Outstanding effort - so your passion wasnt reignited when we won the cup?

Honestly, some of the troll posts on here tonight are hilarious

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    We’re all Neil Lennon.
    There’s only one Neil Lennon.

We’re a fickle bunch.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    He was total box office

I loved his spell at Hibs

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wasn’t up for him coming but his passion and determination won me over. I wish you and the club could come back from this but if not, all the best Lenny

First Team Breakthrough
    Quality manager
    Great ambition for Hibs sadly not the same vision as our board
    Some cracking memories
    Defo a sad day for Hibs if he is away.
    The board should have backed him with quality signings imo

Neil defo raised Hibs profile down south, everyone i speak with down here know a little about Hibs due to him. Sky sports loved him ad he an interesting character to promote Scottish football - he was always on sky

Anyway all the best Neil 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My opinion of Lennon when he came...

———Didn’t want him as manager, didn’t like him, far too volatile.

My opinion of Lennon as he is about to leave...

——- Brilliant manager, brilliant guy who I like, far too volatile.

First Team Breakthrough

Neil Lennon I love you.
    Great post and well said 👏🏻 Agree 100%

He is not god.

Lennon done well. I wanted us to get him and did not want him to leave but it’s done now and probably best for us and him.
    Let’s not over do his achievements though. A 4th place finish is a good season and he’s the first to achieve it since Yogi but it is something a club like Hibs should be doing a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar

Neil Lennon I love you.
    Agree 100%, best manager we've had in years.
    Passionate, charismatic but yet flawed. A great individual who has, without doubt, lifted the profile of our club.

Folk are aware a manager is leaving the club and nobody has died aye?

Has NL really rejuventated peoples passion for a club for the 1st time in 50 years? In that timespan Turnbull, Miller, Collins and Stubbs have all won us major trophies. We've had huge European nights and Mowbray led us to 2 consecutive top 4 premier league finishes.

I absolutely respect the way Lennon has dealt with the abuse he takes, I respect the way he has been open about his health issues and I think he was a very good manager for Hibs. Some of the almost mawkish stuff is getting a bit daft though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Has NL really rejuventated peoples passion for a club for the 1st time in 50 years? In that timespan Turnbull, Miller, Collins and Stubbs have all won us major trophies. We've had huge European nights and Mowbray led us to 2 consecutive top 4 premier league finishes.

I absolutely respect the way Lennon has dealt with the abuse he takes, I respect the way he has been open about his health issues and I think he was a very good manager for Hibs. Some of the almost mawkish stuff is getting a bit daft though.
    Spot on. I think people are conflating lennons management ability and the feel good factor around the club after the cup win.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar

I get what you're saying PB but still think the man deserves a lot credit for his achievements at the club.

Attendances would suggest that he has rejuvenated peoples passion for the club. There is no doubting that our SC cup win in 2016 was/is the main factor for an uplift season tickets but NL got us promoted, as he was appointed to do, and for me took us to another level last year.

His flawed character is what makes him such a likeable guy and IMO the board needs some balance from the keyboard warriors who use terms like clueless, useless, waste of space to describe him.

His team last season was, at times, as good as anything I've seen at Hibs.

Some of us will be really disappointed to see him go. It will interesting to see who replaces him but I'm struggling to think of a (realistic) replacement who fits the bill.

I know some don't like hearing it but we really should be careful what we wish for.

Find i amazing how people idolise him. He's embarrassed himself and the club far too often for my liking. Tynecastle twice - celebrating a disallowed goal like an idiot and threatening to leave. Rugby park screaming in an officials face are just are just a few examples. Publicly slating players that he's signed and played in a certain position. Yes he's been Box Office but for the wrong reasons. If you're going to act like an idiot at least back it up with results. He's shown disrect to the club once too often and looks as if he's done it again by getting himself suspended.

Imagine how Leeann Dempster and the players feeling right now......

Hibs are in the news not because of or great form but because our clown of a manager can't behave himself yet again. Great stuff.
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 26-01-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Spot on. I think people are conflating lennons management ability and the feel good factor around the club after the cup win.
    It's absolutely this, isn't it?

The Championship season is given a massive whitewash by most because of how elated we were all feeling post May 2016. All he had to do was get us up and we didn't care how it happened.

The first half of last season saw some wake up to Lennon's flaws, but the brilliance of the second half meant we were all romantically swept away again.

Much of his so-called "credit in the bank" that people talk of is actually Stubbs' unused credit for winning the Scottish Cup and rejuvenating this club.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Thank you Neil Lennon. Have loved his time in charge through the highs, lows, and sometimes bizarre. Has been, for the most part, very enjoyable.

Have to say, Lennon’s time with us was always going to end in a blazing firestorm, just a shame that time is now! All the best. We move on, big deal!
    Last edited by The Spaceman; 26-01-2019 at 08:25 AM.

@hibs.net private member

Neil Lennon I love you.
    Absolute single fish. Hibs surf was up before Lennon arrived (thanks to our SC win)

Lennon caught the wave and just as he was looking like he could handle it he found himself under it.

It’ll be the waves fault of course.

Yes he did rejuvenate us, last season was the best we've ever had. A joy to watch, taking on the old firm with no fear, no bull**** managerial clichés, what he said he meant, touchline rammies, aeroplane celebrations, you could feel the guys passion more so than any other manager I can remember.

His passion more than anything else is what I loved.

All the best Lenny.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Absolute single fish. Hibs surf was up before Lennon arrived (thanks to our SC win)

Lennon caught the wave and just as he was looking like he could handle it he found himself under it.

It’ll be the waves fault of course.
    Why the need to post that on a thread showing appreciation? You not getting any attention on the multiple threads bashing Lennon?

Quite odd.

Neil Lennon I love you.
    Some good points here. However if you weren't rejuvenated by us winning the Cup then something strange is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by PompeyHibs View Post
    Quality manager
    Great ambition for Hibs sadly not the same vision as our board
    Some cracking memories
    Defo a sad day for Hibs if he is away.
    The board should have backed him with quality signings imo

Neil defo raised Hibs profile down south, everyone i speak with down here know a little about Hibs due to him. Sky sports loved him ad he an interesting character to promote Scottish football - he was always on sky

Anyway all the best Neil 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
    Spot on and now we can look forward to some cheap alternative.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Spot on and now we can look forward to some cheap alternative.
    What does that mean?

Stubbs team would hammer Lennon's team, he hasn't really rejuvenated a whole lot.