hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why does it bother people so much that I'm optimistic?
    All we are interested is Hibs winning You can be as Optimistic as you wantt but it didn’t get us three points tonight and Kilmarnock after losing their best Striker win
    New players will take time to
    Bed in But given injuries and Effie leaving we are Probably weaker
    Tonight and St Mirren were must win games if we are to get back into Top Six
    We may still achieve that depending on who else we bring in But Porteous injured tonight just sums up our bad luck
    Will be end of Feb before it’s clearer how we are doing , but for me we could of done with three points tonight

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Efe View Post
    He's lost it.
    More importantly, get Ryan sorted long term, this is the second time this has happened and if he’s fresh for next season so be it. We won’t go down regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    That's fair enough. We've been on a high for 3 years and every supporter is rightly disappointed this season but it's Hibs and it shouldn't surprise anyone.

I'll be pissed off if I have to watch us in the bottom six this season, but be there next season. Hopefully the reaction of a poor season from some on here isn't a reflection of the whole support as it's hysterical
    nonsense .
    Hullo

Whilst I agree that some posts are the inevitable knee jerk, OTT nonsense, the majority seem to be airing valid concerns based on actual evidence.

IE - were in a poor league position and in terrible form. Nothing is really giving any confidence that things are going to improve.

Personally I don’t see why we shouldn’t ask questions about the manager

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Do you think the players are as much to blame as the manager?
    It's a combination of the two, but the buck ultimately stops with the manager. If he loses the dressing room (not suggesting he has, just hypothetically), then that's on him.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Efe View Post
    He's lost it.
    We did dominate the second half but we were still crap.

We will have been allowed to dominate as they’ll have naturally sat a bit deeper trying to protect their lead. We weren’t very good in the second half at all, I’m sure Lennon can’t really believe that we were.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    We were the better team in the second half. It's easy to dismiss because of the result but anyone objectively watching that second half would say we were the better team.
    They didn’t have to be. We caused them very little problems and they tried to hit us on the break concluding on us creating sod all and them, Motherwell, eight points behind us knocked out the cup off lower league pap and who the fans want their manager out comfortably winning. Having missed a sitter by some huddy hearts have had on loan out for about 6 years.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    They didn’t have to be. We caused them very little problems and they tried to hit us on the break concluding on us creating sod all and them, Motherwell, eight points behind us knocked out the cup off lower league pap and who the fans want their manager out comfortably winning.
    We had good chances to score that weren't taken.

That wasn't down to Motherwell playing well or sitting back, it was bad finishing.

If it was Motherwell's game plan they'd have stopped us creating the chances.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!

That wasn't down to Motherwell playing well or sitting back, it was bad finishing.

We had one clear cut creatively decent chance. Two all game. Against the team in 8th.

Their game plan worked. Our best chance fell to a fast player out of form and confidence who can’t even lift his head.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

The only good chance I can think of was Horgans, was there other ones?

A good portion of the game was spent by us knocking the ball around the back to then lump up towards Kamberi, who had very little support all night. Mallan was sitting deep AGAIN despite anyone who's ever watched a half of football knowing he needs to played further forward and stay there.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

At the end, Kamberi should have scored, and Shaw could have got in the end of the ball that we put across goal iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Even if Lennon brings in the 'right' players in the next couple of days, what's to say he gets the team tactically sorted enough to actually make a difference? It's all well and good signing someone talented like Ryan Gauld, but if you can't set up a team and do the basics, there's not much point.
    Even the previous two season the 3 at the back never really worked. Every time he goes with the 3, I would think he must see it doesn't work for us, then we would go 4 at the back look solid, and next again week bang, back to 3 again Ryan Gauld was rghtside despte the fact he's predominantly left footed. But if we bypass the midfield he won't be able to do what he was brought to do.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    We were the better team in the second half. It's easy to dismiss because of the result but anyone objectively watching that second half would say we were the better team.
    We were a lot better, Matty.

The way I saw it was that in the first half, Motherwell played a high energy pressing game knowing that we didn't really have an out ball because Stevenson and Boyle were missing.

Our midfield was over run and we also only had Kamberi up top so firing it long to him was always going to be meat and drink for the Well defenders.

Second half Motherwell tired a bit and gave our midfield a bit more room to play and we could and should have scored.

I'm not saying we deserved to win, but there was definite improvement.

I genuinely believe that if/when we bring in an experienced striker(s), hopefully another winger and we get Stevenson back, we'll make a better fist of the rest of the season.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 23-01-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    Hullo

Whilst I agree that some posts are the inevitable knee jerk, OTT nonsense, the majority seem to be airing valid concerns based on actual evidence.

IE - were in a poor league position and in terrible form. Nothing is really giving any confidence that things are going to improve.

Personally I don’t see why we shouldn’t ask questions about the manager
    Lennons stats still hold up as one of our best managers. Questions regarding recent form, of course. Emptying him, ridiculous.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Lennons stats still hold up as one of our best managers. Questions regarding recent form, of course. Emptying him, ridiculous.
    How many more games does the run have to go on for before it’s not ridiculous? If it’s until has overall stats become bad then we’ll be in the ****. Cause I’ve no doubt if we hold on long enough his overall record will become crap eventually.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Yes, that's your outlook, you've said it on various threads, several times.

I don't think there's a manager on the planet that could have achieved much more with the number and frequency of injuries that Lennon's had to deal with, but you don't think that's relevant.

Fair enough, that's your view. I'm not going to try to persuade you to be optimistic. If you want to be pessimistic and live in misery, that's your choice. I don't know what you get from it, but fill your boots.

I think we'll sign players next week and start climbing the league.

We'll be top 6.

However, I'll cope whether we do or we don't.
    The injury list has played a major part in the woeful season so far, but it’s not the only reason. We have made bizzare and unforced tactical and personal changes all season that haven’t been because of the injury list.

Not saying you specifically, but while it’s a big factor the injury list appears to being used as a comfort blanket at times for how bad we have been most of the season.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    If there’s something positive to say I’ll say it. Like when we signed Scott Allan and I was positive about it. Or the second half of last season. If there’s nothing positive to say, like there hasn’t been for the majority of the season (hence our indefensible league position) then I’ll say that aswell. I’ll call it as I see it.

If you think that keeping a guy at the helm who has us on a run that is every bit as bad if not worse than anything Butcher, Fenlon, Calderwood etc had us on is the answer then I’m glad you’re not making the decisions either.
    Are you seriously suggesting that our season so far is worse than where Butcher took us?

Are you seriously suggesting that Lennon's managerial career has been/is worse than Butchers, Fenlons or Calderwoods?

Are you seriously suggesting our club isn't in a better condition now than the the mess it was in when Butcher left?

You need to learn to take the rough with the smooth.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    The injury list has played a major part in the woeful season so far, but it’s not the only reason. We have made bizzare and unforced tactical and personal changes all season that haven’t been because of the injury list.

Not saying you specifically, but while it’s a big factor the injury list appears to being used as a comfort blanket at times for how bad we have been most of the season.
    You might be right, but we don't know the reasons for the team selections. They could have been tactical, but they could also have been forced because of the injury situation.

It wouldn't be the first time a manager benched an injured player so he didn't show his real hand to the opposition.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Are you seriously suggesting that our season so far is worse than where Butcher took us?

Are you seriously suggesting that Lennon's managerial career has been/is worse than Butchers, Fenlons or Calderwoods?

Are you seriously suggesting our club isn't in a better condition now than the the mess it was in when Butcher left?

“has us on a run that is every bit as bad if not worse than anything Butcher, Fenlon, Calderwood etc had us on” is what I said.

So the answer to the first question is no, I didn’t at any point suggest that. The extended run that we’re on is every bit as bad though.

The answer to the second question is no, I didn’t at any point suggest that. Although I couldn’t care less about how he or the others done elsewhere.

And the answer to the third question is no, I didn’t at any point suggest that. We’ve not just been relegated so of course the answer to that one is no.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    You might be right, but we don't know the reasons for the team selections. They could have been tactical, but they could also have been forced because of the injury situation.

It wouldn't be the first time a manager benched an injured player so he didn't show his real hand to the opposition.
    Thank god Lennon didn’t show Motherwell his real hand, that might have got one over on us.

How many more games does the run have to go on for before it’s not ridiculous? If it’s until has overall stats become bad then we’ll be in the ****. Cause I’ve no doubt if we hold on long enough his overall record will become crap eventually.
    I genuinely don't know how to reply to this, wow.

A deeply disappointing result, but I'm sticking by my guns that Neil Lennon has this January transfer window to get in the quality and drive that we so desperately need.
    The window is still open.

On another note: how desperately "unlucky" we have been this season with injuries. I really can't remember the last time we suffered such a prolonged period of injuries to key players.
    Losing Porteous (again) is a major blow.
    Continuity of team selection has been nigh impossible this "cursed" season.

Left by mutual consent!
    We are the only team that signs a player and is worse than what we all ready have.

Lennon, Dempster and the recruitment team have let us down big time

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo27 View Post
    We are the only team that signs a player and is worse than what we all ready have.

Eh?

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo27 View Post

INTERPRETER!!

I genuinely don't know how to reply to this, wow.
    You don’t know how many games this run would have to go on for before you no longer think it would be ridiculous to sack him?

@hibs.net private member
    I don't have much confidence in him but it's not the right time to sack the manger unless we have someone really top notch lined up.

Let's see how he does over the next few games and make a call then.

There is no way we'll get someone in this window and then give them a chance to sign their own players so give Lennon one final shot to the bring in a couple of forward players and see how we can do in February. If we aren't picking up by March then probably time for him to go.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    I don't expect anyone on here to agree but i hope he's here next season. This season is a rebuild, i have faith in him to come good again.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post

Seriously

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    “has us on a run that is every bit as bad if not worse than anything Butcher, Fenlon, Calderwood etc had us on” is what I said.

So the answer to the first question is no, I didn’t at any point suggest that. The extended run that we’re on is every bit as bad though.

The answer to the second question is no, I didn’t at any point suggest that. Although I couldn’t care less about how he or the others done elsewhere.

And the answer to the third question is no, I didn’t at any point suggest that. We’ve not just been relegated so of course the answer to that one is no.
    So learn to take the rough with the smooth.

You're (over)reacting to a poor run of form when, if you take a bit of time to think about it, you'll see that NL's managerial record is good and the club (your club) are in a decent place right now.