hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really - a bumpy ride is not generally a safety issue. Uncomfortable for passengers but almost always a non issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was more the fact that he apparently told someone he feared for his safety before ending up on a missing plane

2. Log in to remove the advert

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Absolutely horrible and sad news this.

Really hope he and everyone else that boarded that flight are found safely and well.

Fearing the worst.

My son asked a question with general 12 year old innocence. What happens to the transfer in the worst possible situation (which could well be the case).

Pales into significance but I told my son I wasn’t sure

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    Fearing the worst.

My son asked a question with general 12 year old innocence. What happens to the transfer in the worst possible situation (which could well be the case).

It was completed so money paid/due to Nantes but football clubs have insurance for all circumstances so Cardiff will be compensated.

My girlfriend asked the same question!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Flying at night over sea in the middle of winter in a single engine plane sounds very risky to me.

Cristiano Ronaldo getting it tight for putting selfies up of himself on a plane today.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    It was completed so money paid/due to Nantes but football clubs have insurance for all circumstances so Cardiff will be compensated.

My girlfriend asked the same question!

I thought there would be insurance of some sort but wasn’t sure. Cheers.

Money doesn’t matter in situations like this I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    Fearing the worst.

My 11 year old asked me the same! Also what would happen to him in FIFA19 which resulted in a short talk about what is important in life.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    My 11 year old asked me the same! Also what would happen to him in FIFA19 which resulted in a short talk about what is important in life.
    His price has rocketed on Ultimate team as people price fix knowing he is going out of packs. Quite disgusting.

(EA have now limited his price range to the lowest possible to stop this)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Cristiano Ronaldo getting it tight for putting selfies up of himself on a plane today.
    God knows why. It's really incredible how people get so upset at such things. I really fail to see how Ronaldo has done anything wrong here.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Breaking | L’Équipe have now seen the final text message that Emiliano Sala sent to his closest Argentine friends (possibly a group chat of some kind). In it, Sala says he is scared the plane “could fall to pieces” & that “if you don’t hear from me in 1.5 hours...”

That is horrific to hear 😢

I’d absolutely love to be proven wrong but the reports that are coming out of this just make me think it really is the worst piece of news we didn’t want to hear about this terrible incident. People have survived plane crashes before but being stuck in freezing water like the English Channel just doesn’t give you a glimmer of hope 😔

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Apparently the plane was owned by Willie McKay, who acted as an intermediary in the deal.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Breaking | L’Équipe have now seen the final text message that Emiliano Sala sent to his closest Argentine friends (possibly a group chat of some kind). In it, Sala says he is scared the plane “could fall to pieces” & that “if you don’t hear from me in 1.5 hours...”

That is horrific to hear

I’d absolutely love to be proven wrong but the reports that are coming out of this just make me think it really is the worst piece of news we didn’t want to hear about this terrible incident. People have survived plane crashes before but being stuck in freezing water like the English Channel just doesn’t give you a glimmer of hope
    That would likely put him on the ground - in context he could just be nervous about the size and age of the aircraft

But if he’s nervous about it youd think he would have taken up the cardiff private jet offer

Likely he had no idea what he would be flying in when someone made this deal

Not really - a bumpy ride is not generally a safety issue. Uncomfortable for passengers but almost always a non issue

Anything below 20,000ft could be a very bumpy ride. Under 5000ft could be horrendous.

Sounds like the props weren't making the right sounds though.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    Anything below 20,000ft could be a very bumpy ride. Under 5000ft could be horrendous.

Sounds like the props weren't making the right sounds though.
    I fly around in a 2 seater at a few thousand feet regularly- and often had very calm days

Altitude doesnt always influence turbulence

Have you heard audio from the flight?

Note - this plane had 1 prop not props

Blog Entries
    12 years ago I flew from the north to the south of Tonga in a small two engined propeller plane. There couldn’t have been more than ten passengers. I was actually weighed in the wee airport so I could be placed strategically in the cabin. The pilot warned us that ‘we were going to hit some weather but conditions were ‘fine’. It was the hairiest half hour I’ve spent in a plane.

Gamer IDs

I see the pilot was a gasfitter by trade

The more i read the more ridiculous this gets

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47146614

French club Nantes have demanded payment from Cardiff City over the £15m transfer of Emiliano Sala, BBC Wales has learned.

Sala, along with pilot David Ibbotson, was on board the Piper Malibu N264DB which lost radar contact near Guernsey on 21 January.

The Argentine striker, 28, was Premier League club Cardiff's record signing.

Cardiff have withheld the first scheduled payment until they are satisfied with the documentation.

French club Bourdeaux are also entitled to a cut of the fee, thought to be 50% - Sala was on their books from 2012 to 2015 before joining Nantes.

and now down to the nitty gritty of money payments

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47146614

French club Nantes have demanded payment from Cardiff City over the £15m transfer of Emiliano Sala, BBC Wales has learned.

Sala, along with pilot David Ibbotson, was on board the Piper Malibu N264DB which lost radar contact near Guernsey on 21 January.

The Argentine striker, 28, was Premier League club Cardiff's record signing.

Cardiff have withheld the first scheduled payment until they are satisfied with the documentation.

French club Bourdeaux are also entitled to a cut of the fee, thought to be 50% - Sala was on their books from 2012 to 2015 before joining Nantes.

and now down to the nitty gritty of money payments

Of course they have. Not sure how Nantes asking for their money is even a news story, if the poor guy had signed on the dotted line and UEFA have done their bit its game over …. besides that, if the guy hadn't moved to Cardiff he would never have been on that plane in the first place. Cardiff's bad luck in business terms.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Of course they have. Not sure how Nantes asking for their money is even a news story, if the poor guy had signed on the dotted line and UEFA have done their bit its game over …. besides that, if the guy hadn't moved to Cardiff he would never have been on that plane in the first place. Cardiff's bad luck in business terms.
    I had wondered about this at the time of the accident and whether they had insurance in place to cover transfer fees. Enormous hit in the business sense.......

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I fly around in a 2 seater at a few thousand feet regularly- and often had very calm days

Altitude doesnt always influence turbulence

Have you heard audio from the flight?

Note - this plane had 1 prop not props

We did a Queenstown to Milford Sound flight a month or so back in your neck of the woods. Beautiful weather outbound, a bit choppy en route back. My 13 yo loved it, my wife and I (seasoned flyers) were crapping it once or twice.

Its very different on wee planes, they "feel" the weather a lot more. Having said that, I never really felt in any danger, the pilot was totally cool and had been doing it for years.

This was a single engined, 8 berth job.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    We did a Queenstown to Milford Sound flight a month or so back in your neck of the woods. Beautiful weather outbound, a bit choppy en route back. My 13 yo loved it, my wife and I (seasoned flyers) were crapping it once or twice.

Its very different on wee planes, they "feel" the weather a lot more. Having said that, I never really felt in any danger, the pilot was totally cool and had been doing it for years.

This was a single engined, 8 berth job.
    Fantastic way to see the sound!

Beautiful area isnt it

Its strange because im not overly enamoured as a passenger on a big jet

When flying in a 2 seater at the controls the weather and turbulence bother me less

Saying that had a dodgy approach last week with low level clouds

Terrifies me the thought of flying into cloud

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

i'm wondering if Cardiff actually had any type of insurance, i would have expected a club statement saying 'it's in the hands of our insurers'

Left by mutual consent!
    You’d Cardiff would have insurance. The ambiguity is over whether it applied

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This story is going to run and run.

Nantes insurers I doubt will payout as he had signed and registered as a Cardiff player so therefore their insurance will no longer be valid so will rightly be chasing Cardiff for it.

I’d imagine Cardiff would’ve insured him but that would likely be invalidated by the fact Sala chose to fly on a ramshackle plane, in a storm which was flown by someone who wasn’t fully qualified and Cardiff appeared to make minimal effort if any to ensure he got on a proper plane.

I can see Cardiff now suing the agent who arranged it all. I doubt he’ll have £18m in cash lying around so i’d imagine he’ll likely declare himself bankrupt and Cardiff will just have to pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    This story is going to run and run.

Nantes insurers I doubt will payout as he had signed and registered as a Cardiff player so therefore their insurance will no longer be valid so will rightly be chasing Cardiff for it.

I’d imagine Cardiff would’ve insured him but that would likely be invalidated by the fact Sala chose to fly on a ramshackle plane, in a storm which was flown by someone who wasn’t fully qualified and Cardiff appeared to make minimal effort if any to ensure he got on a proper plane.

I can see Cardiff now suing the agent who arranged it all. I doubt he’ll have £18m in cash lying around so i’d imagine he’ll likely declare himself bankrupt and Cardiff will just have to pay it.

willie McKay, i seem to remember him seriously bad mouthing our club re: thomson and brown transfer sagas, i think it was him anyway

Gamer IDs

willie McKay, i seem to remember him seriously bad mouthing our club re: thomson and brown transfer sagas, i think it was him anyway
    I hope the plane is recovered - might be some interesting chats recoverable from a mobile phone

I hope the plane is recovered - might be some interesting chats recoverable from a mobile phone

right enough, but surely salt water would destroy everything inside the phone ?

Gamer IDs

Quite possibly but you never know

Do they need to recover the phone? On Hunted,they seem to be able to listen via the networked mast rather than the phone.